Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

All you creative people how do I make a Pinochio nose that will extend. It can't be heavy as it has to stay in place. Oh yes it's for a Pantomime that my son is in...any ideas greatfully excepted.

Thanks, Jane.

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

Uhm....paper towel rolls tucked into one another maybe? They're fairly light and you'd be able to pull the nose out to extend it. Hope this helps  bear_grin

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

You may want to walk around an auto parts store for something plastic that does that and modify it.  I seem to remember that there's something for cars that does that (besides the old fashioned antennae.

Clarebear Fulrfun Bears
Alice Springs

You can get convoluted plastic hosing that pushes in and out - hardware store or auto shop

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Jane remember how you rolled a strip of paper, probably when at school and then pushed the middle out to extend it....we made trees I think, in a similar way....but you could paint the paper first or use brown paper as pinocchio was made of wood! Hope this makes sense!  bear_rolleyes

emmastephens Emma Stephens Crafty Creations
Gloucestershire

Buy a cheap kiddies telescope from a pound shop or something similar and decorate it to look like a nose?

Emma
xxx

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks everyone! Emma your suggestion is exactley what I did. Pinochio now has a very cute extending nose. Thanks Emma.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower

Board footer