Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

SP_SergeiRESZ.jpgWell, since we're all sharing here...I want to also share.  I think many of you may have already seen this fellow.  He is my baby,  SERGEI the SIBERIAN TIGER.   He started out completely white, made from German mohair sewn entirely by hand (this stuff slips under a machine).

He is about 18" tall and is fully jointed.

He has four separate colored layers of airbrushed details.  This is my first attempt at something like this and I have to say I had such a blast airbrushing him and wacthing him come to life.

His paws have white and black needle felted details and also some needle felting around his eyes.

He is entered into the TOBYS and the Golden Teddys.  There is some tough, tough, tough competition out there and I hope you all realize how much I admire and respect your work.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi wrote:

There is some tough tough tough comepetion out there and I hope you all realize how much I admire and respect your work.

Ditto here. 

Judi, Nancy -- whose entries I've seen so far -- I think your stuff is just absolutely outstanding!  I've also seen some pieces from a few other bear artist friends not on TT, including for the soft sculpture/plush animal category, and Judi's comment about "tough competition" really couldn't be more true.  So let's be sure to be proud of our efforts and bravery in entering, and gentle with ourselves and each other, and keep a positive and self-loving attitude no matter what the outcome, my friends.  Not everybody gets to bring home a nom.  In fact, I know this all too well, having entered into eight separate categories last year, and receiving one nomination from the lot.  That means seven NOT nominations.  Hey... it happens.  There are no guarantees.   But we can be each others support network, no matter what.

Judi.... You already know I think this piece is beyond superb, in a blows-your-socks-off kind of way.  Just gorgeous!  Your airbrushing skills are so finely tuned.

You also know that I need you to send me a picture of this guy at 300dpi ASAP for your design project.  So get on it, woman! I am now forced to pressure you PUBLICLY!

;)

Thanks for re-posting this terrific tiger.  RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROAR!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Another superb piece Judi...expertly done...now I am positive I wasted my money on my enties......oh well!!

Good luck ..as if you'll need it!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh, don't say that Jenny.  Will you share your photo?  You do fabulous work!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Judi your little guy is outstanding! As are all of the entries I have seen so far! Shelli I totally agree the competion is fierce but self loving is the key! You have all submitted such outstanding work and Our love and good wishes go to all who entered!

Many Hugs Louise

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Judi, this is such a fantastic, original piece.  After taking your airbrush course , I know I would never have the courage to attempt anything like that.  You have such amazing skill with that brush.  The piece is beyond describable.  Good Luck

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

:doh:  Ok...enough, already!!  Will you and Shel knock it off!!  (Laughing here)

I'm calling Mindy and telling "I was just kidding, return my entry" bear_grin
Well, like shelli said in another post...the magazine can use the money!

Seriously, Judi...this is nominationalble (yep, that's a new word)  This little creation of yours is just beyond words.  WOW! The art work in him is beyond compare.
Congratulations honey and good luck.

Jenny, come on. wherrrrrrre are your pictures?

Hugs,
Nancy

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Judi

He's amazing - I can't believe that he started off white - where did you learn to airbrush?!?!?!?! :clap:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wonderfully amazing Judi!!  bear_wub   bear_wub  I hope the judges will apreciate the vast amount of creativity, talent and workmanship that went into the creation of this piece!!  :hug:   :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Judi,
     Sergei is so regal - what an amazing amount of work with all the airbrushing.  He's absolutely wonderful.  My wee racoon I entered in the same category is only 3 inches tall - he could sit on Sergei's nose and be eaten in one bite LOL!   I'm going to see if I can get snatch a picture from my raccoon's ebay listing to post here.  Good luck with the competition!
                                                      Hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

He's sure to be nominated, Judi.  My count as of right now in the 'friends' category is Judi, Shelli, Brenda, and Nancy . . . all nominees in my estimation!

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

amazing tiger Judi i have never seen anything like him before  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this tiger!!! He truly is a work of art!   bear_wub  and looking at all of these Toby entries, I realize that I have a LONG LONG way to go before I enter!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   I love big cats and will be making more along these lines...when the mood strikes :hug:  bear_wub  bear_flower

Vicki, I attended a school for Airbrush Fine Art in 1983 and became certified in 1984.  When I started designing and making bears, it took quite a while before I gained enough nerve to airbrush on them.  It is very fun and I am glad I finally got over that scardey cat hump for me.

Deb Upstate New York

What can ya say that hasn't been said.  This guy is VERY special, and really, his nomination will be big victory for all Teddy Talkers.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Deb wrote:

his nomination will be big victory for all Teddy Talkers.

Ah Deb what a lovely thought! I really like how TT'ers are pulling for,and supporting each other bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub such a nice feeling.

...too bad we must wait to find out the  nominations sometime in  Feb or March...fingers crossed.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I love that you artists are sharing your work with us.  Judi, you know how much I admire and appreciate the quality of your work.  I wish you the very very very best in your competition......He is so special.

lovenhugs

dilu

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wub I just ADORE this guy!!!!  bear_wub   He's absolutely yummy, and must be beyond the cuddle bunny in front of the tv. 

I'm soooooo glad I didn't enter this year's awards for TOBY or Golden Ted ~ that's some stiff competition going on out there!!!  But if this guy doesn't get a nomination....the judges have gone blind   bear_cool

OurLostRose Florida Panhandle

Judi, Judi, Judi...  what can be said about Sergei other than, WOW!   bear_wub

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi  Judi
This is by far one of your best pieces as far as I am concerned and truly worthy of a nomination. His face is just so darn CUTE!!!! In case some of you don't know I am the proud owner of one of Judi's mink bears with air brushed details on the feet and needle sculpted toes The head alone has over 15 pieces in it!!!! Since the name of this bear is Eskimo and I am Canadian it was only right that he should live in Canada.
Good luck Judi
Hugs
Gail bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Simple Fabulous Judi!!  Not only does he showcase your awsome airbrushing skills, but he has such a sweet face too. He's gorgeous!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I've seen him before, but I am amazed again. Airbrushing is something totally beyond me. I'd probably spray the whole appartment if I tried  bear_grin

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I just love this tiger, Judi. When you posted him earlier I had to send his picture to some of my friends and even made my daughter come in and take a look at him! They were all amazed. Best of luck with this one also but I am sure that luck won't be needed! Truly Awesome!!!!!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Judi,

Your Tiger is an outstanding piece of work - you are such a talented Lady.
Best of luck.

Hugs
Carolyn

Board footer