Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

snowbear_RESZ.jpgOkay, here's another TOBY and Golden Teddy entry for me.  This is called Snow Bear and the Seven Dwarf Hares.

Snow Bear is just over 18" tall.  I drove all over town to find just the right fabrics to make her dress.  Making clothes for bears is so fidley.  I give all of you who regularly make bear clothes a lot of credit!

I designed the bunnie from mohair and added needle felted ears and paws.  They are quite heavily weighted. 

This is entered into the Vingette for TOBY's and Tableaux for Golden Teddy.

I originally designed this set for the ACE Awards but found out that I was disqualified because I am a teacher at North Country Teddy Bears which is affiliated with this contest.  That only makes sense.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Judi... I love this bear... I would be on cloud 9 to have this bear... and of course, all the bunnies!!! I LOVE THOSE BUNNIES!!!  bear_wub

I am sure you will do well with her...  bear_wub

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oh Judi, you would have swept the 2005 ACE Award  bear_wub As it is, I think you'll definitely sweep TOBYs and Golden Teddys !!!!!  bear_wub

All the hard work, and the attention to details....it really, truly shows with this piece  bear_flower

LynBlair Posts: 139

Wow!  Just exquisite!  Best of luck, Judi, but I doubt you'll need it.  :clap:

Enthralled hugs,
Lyn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wonderful, wonderful, Judi . . . outstanding!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

If this entry don't win then it's a put up job Judi - and i'm not dissing all the other entries but it's my favourite of all your creations.

Penny  bear_thumb

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Wow!!!!!!!!! what wonderful work you do Judi i was just about to show you my felted face and than i was you beautiful bear and i thought ouch will i .

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Thank you Lord, it's a BEAR!!!!

:doh: Judy, where are you getting these adorable little creatures.  I should say, where are you finding the time?
I thought you were a young mother?  I thought you lived on a farm? 

I love all those little bunnies and I can see a personality in each face.  Just too cute.

Nancy

Deb Upstate New York

Holy bunny rabbits!  Great ensemble!  (Is that a category?)

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Outstanding Judi!

Many Hugs Louise

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I sure am glad I didn't enter the vingnette category!!  WOW!!! 

Best wishes with your entry, Judi.   :rose:

Warmest hugs,   :hug:
Aleta

OurLostRose Florida Panhandle

O.K. Judi...  I give up...  I'm officially smitten...    bear_wub

Did you artists know how difficult you are making things for collectors!?!?!?!

I'm mean how can anyone chose "the best"???

They are all THE BEST!

Jimminy Crickets, but I'm going to have to take a second job so I can afford one of everyone's bears!!!    bear_grin

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Judi
I have loved this set from the minute I set eyes on it  What a marvelous job you have done to create this masterpiece Like someone else mentioned if this piece doesn't get a nomination then the judges need their eyes examined. Good luck
Hugs
Gail

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Outstanding Judi! I have admired this set since the  first time I saw it. All those bunnies,  bear_wub what a lot of work!! Snow Bears dress was worth driving all over town it's perfect for her. Like Gail said, a masterpiece! Best of luck!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I agree; the work and time and talent and effort that went into this piece practically BLEED off the page.  And it's supremely adorable, besides.  Just a wonder.  Fabulous.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

This piece is wonderful.....it's seeing this that made me keen to do a dressmaking course because I want to get better at making clothes...except that when I enrol they might be troubled that I want to make things measuring only 8"!!!

You are so good at everything....well done!!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Judi, I have them on my computer in my favorite artist folder.. They are UNIQUE.

I love them.. :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Judi, this is my all time favourite bear. Can't get enough of looking at her. Don't ever sell her or the hares, you'd regret it for the rest of your life.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Your comments are killing me!!!!  Thank you SO much!

Nancy, thank you for thinking I am a young mother...I am 40 with three children, 14, 8,and a living tornado, Joey, who is 3.    I don't help much on the farm unless one of our hired help cannot make it...then I milk.  I enjoy being out in the barn with the cows.  I love these big animals.   My hubby has hired help so I can stay in and work on my art.  Well, the price I pay is not getting other things done...like laundry..which I swore to myself I would do today...but that bear on my couch is calling to me to finish him......... bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Sabine, I sure do want to keep this set.  I doubt if I could do another one.  Like so many of you I don't like repeating bears.

Big hugs ladies! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Judi, I looked at this at work, and yes I've seen it before, and yes it's my absolute favorite thing you've ever created. But you should've heard the 'gasps' from the people who sit near me. I had people coming up to me all day asking to see it.

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!

Oh, and good luck bear_whistle

Dilu Posts: 8,574

They are so precious.  Good luck Sweetie, wonderful work!!!!

dilu

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Judi what a wonderful creation........ outstanding .....this is going to be a hard one for the viewers to choose I think all the nominations are outstanding

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Judi,
    I love your set and it's killing me at the same time.  My poor Holly is entered into the Tableaux for the Golden Teddies  - hmmmm.   Holly is quaking in her boots - she thinks the competition is mighty stiff!  Well done - you should be really pleased with her - are you going to keep this one?  I don't keep very many - I guess I'm just too practical.   I was sure I was going to keep my bunny and cart last year until someone held out cash and I thought  "okay then, he's yours". LOL!  Good luck and I really mean it - it's impossible to wish anything else, when you have put so much of your heart and soul into this beautiful piece. 

Hugs,

Brenda

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Really outstanding work, Judi!  I remember being blown away by these beauties when you were gracious enough to share their photos earlier in the year.  Best of luck to you (but I don't think you need it!)
bear_original

Hugs,
Kelly

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks guys bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer