Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi Girls,  bear_thumb

I was just reading another post here and it set me off wondering what is the best present you have ever had?

You know the ones i mean girls, the ones that when you open the package you don't go "ahhh that's what i always wanted" whilst thinking to yourselves 'what the heck am i going to do with 48 pairs of American Tan tights (pantyhose)' - but the ones that make you go " OH MY GOD! THANK YOU OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT ME......."  and can't breathe properly because you are so overwhelmed.

No saying your children or anything heavy - i just want to know about simple personal gratification pressies.

If you are thinking to yourself - bugger! i've never had a present like that, don't worry neither have i - but i'm working on it  :twisted:

Can't wait to hear from you all  bear_flower

Penny - thinking about Valentines Day already and hoping for something shiny  :pray:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

(gush gush gush)  the best gifts I ever get are from emails containing warm words about me and/or my art work/bears (gush gush gush)
Really , I consider super nice emails to be a gift.

Dr. Wayne Dyer says that if someone gives you $10 and someone else gives you a really nice compliment....a year later you will rememeber the compliment...

BUT...I know what you mean Penny poodles!  I think my best gift was when my hubby brought a cat in the house for me to have...IN THE HOUSE...now you have to know my hubby...he is farmer and his philosophy is that animals belong outisde.  But a friend of his was trying to get rid of thier 5 year old cat and thought Mark would like it for the barn.  Instead he told him to bring it over for his wife (me!!!).  She is 14 years old now.  Her name is Anya and she is black with green eyes and a little spot of white under her chin. bear_grin

Penny, how would a dinner date with Geoge Clooney sound to you?  Wouldn't that surprise you?  Maybe your hubby woudln't think so! bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think the best gift I have been given is my husband... seriously... I dont know what I would do without him  bear_wub

second best gift, meeting all you gals bear_original  :hug: (sounds mushy but it is true)

Sod the old man Judi - i'd go for George anyday  bear_tongue   bear_tongue   bear_grin

That's a great pressie Judi. A house ain't a home without a cat in it and for your man to give in against his beliefs must have been a real treat for you - i love cats too  :hug:

Pen - Waiting for George or is that Godot?

NO NO NO IT MUST BE A PRESSIE - i wanna know what i can wave in front of my hubbies face and scream "SEE SEE - THIS IS WHAT OTHER MEN BUY THEIR WIVES" or something along those lines
bear_grin   bear_laugh   bear_tongue   bear_grin  bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OH FINE... my 1/2k marquis diamond engagement ring bear_original  happy now LOL

Dilu Posts: 8,574

When I first met my mom-in-law....she handed me some pictures of my hubs-to-be and she said "I did the best I could, i am so glad he found you, I know you will be the most wonderful wife and daughter-in-law, I am giving you the best thing I ever did in my life."

Wow!  With a mom in law like that who wouldn't just love her to pieces?  Over the years we have become so close, that she introduces me as her 'darling daughter"

She has been wonderful, she never ever ever critisizied anything I did, she always supported what ever ideas we had, and supported us in love in everything everyday.

And she did an awfully good job raising her son-he has been incredable too....

dilu

OOOOOOOH - Nice Kimmy  :dance:

i bet it gives you loads of pleasure to see it twinkling away on your finger. I just love sparklies, i'm still waiting for a real big one - someday (sigh)

Pen x

P.S. yes - that's more like it my dear Kimmy  bear_wub

Oh Wonks! You make me feel so shallow bear_sad  .........
.....but to be honest i would've said "What! I don't get the family silver?" etc etc

Mind you my mother-in-law probably ain't anywhere near as nice as yours so she would have deserved it
bear_grin   bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_grin

Shallow Pen  bear_whistle

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
gotobedbears wrote:

OOOOOOOH - Nice Kimmy  :dance:

i bet it gives you loads of pleasure to see it twinkling away on your finger. I just love sparklies, i'm still waiting for a real big one - someday (sigh)

Pen x

P.S. yes - that's more like it my dear Kimmy  :love:

I'm waiting for a bigger one as well HA HA... maybe for a 10 yr anniversary or something...

I should shine mine up and take a pic and share bear_original

Yes Please Kim - as i said, Valentines Day is hovering in the not too distant future and i want some leverage ha ha ha
bear_laugh

Penny x

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Penny- My husband just gave me a gift certificate for a day at the spa  bear_wub . I didn't expect it and oh,boy, I can't wait to use it!  bear_original

Oh that's a fab pressie Sewzanne - just imagine how gorgeous you are gonna feel when you have all the treatments!

I bet you'll give Angelina Jolie a run for her money  :clap:

Penny x

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Penny,

Okay, here's something you can show your hubby.

A few years ago, my husband surprised me at Christmas with an artist teddy bear from a very special artist friend of mine.

He had ordered it without my knowing anything about it, it had been delivered and he had wrapped it while I was at work.

Well, when I opened the present and saw the bear, I lost it.  The artist had written a note saying how lucky I was to have such a special husband who had gone to a lot of trouble to get this bear and on such short notice.  Yes, I cried, but they were tears of joy and pride knowing that he cared enough about me to surprise me with this special gift.

Sniff, sniff, I still get a little emotional when I remember that day.  The little bear is in a prominent shelf of my curio cabinet where I can see him.

Hugs,

Wanda

Now that's lovely Wanda - give your hubby a big smackaroo from me for being so thoughtful in his pressie buying
:clap:

How many men really put much thought into buying pressies?

Maybe it's a Male British Thing? Mine bought me a violin one year - admittedly it was beautiful and expensive but WHAT!!!!!!!!!! I have it still and have only ever played 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' on it - am i ungrateful?

Penny  bear_whistle

kimkc Australia

One of the best gifts i received is from a Kris Kringle i participated in this christmas just gone. It was organised through a forum i'm a member of. My KK gave me a notebook full of inspirational quotes, which i am using as an art notebook, a beautiful tin bookmark, pencil case full of pens, pencils etc, some body shop products and a christmas card with teddy bears on it. I'd had a really bad day when the package arrived, and had tears in my eyes as i opened it all, as this person had chosen gifts that are so me, as if she knew me! i still haven't found out who she is.

O that is just perfect Kim!  bear_smile

It's pressies like that that you never forget is'nt it?  bear_cry

Strange how a complete stranger can buy you something that really touches your heart whilst your hubby can buy you something that barely touches the side of the trashcan as it goes in is'nt it? ha ha ha ha

Penny  bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
gotobedbears wrote:

Strange how a complete stranger can buy you something that really touches your heart whilst your hubby can buy you something that barely touches the side of the trashcan as it goes in is'nt it? ha ha ha ha

Penny  :love:

LMAO

I have to say, my husband has always gotten me good gifts.. my ex boyfriend, well, that is another story   He got me a bracelet the one time... I cant remember what it is called... it has round stones and they were set in gold, well, what I thought was gold, till it turned my wrist GREEN!!! HA

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

topaz-ring.jpgI think for me, it must have been a yellow topaz ring that my hubby gave me back in 1979.  His mom and dad were living with us while his dad was going back and forth to a hospital in Dallas for treatment of a very debilitating disease.  Our girls were in middle school and into a lot of extra curricular stuff and I taxied them around after school while trying to give everyone hot meals at the right time.  Also being on call to stay with dad-in-law at the hospital when needed.  You know, you do what you have to do and my hubby was so grateful that he totally surprised me with this wonderful ring.  I love yellow so he knew what I would like and - I still love that ring.   bear_wub  bear_wub

Here's a photo, Penny.

That's beautiful Sue Ann  bear_wub

Any Piccies - pleeese? I adore jewellery.

Penny   :hug:

HAW HAW HAW Kim  bear_laugh

I am laughing my head off here - the dirty rotten scoundrel - i'm glad he's in the past!
bear_tongue

:love:

Well' i'm off to bed as it's 1.20am here but i have had a really good time laughing and chatting to you all - the first busy night of the new year i think!
bear_rolleyes   bear_thumb

Penny  :hug:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

bear-dress-ebay.jpgDon't laught but my son always gives me money but one year he showed up with a big smile on hes face and handed me this bulldog toilet brush what could i say .

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I lost my devoted cat a few years ago and i was devastated by the loss.  Dh got me another one as a surprise.
The nice thing about that....... My DH is real cat hater and he searched for several days just to get me one he knew I would love.

OurLostRose Florida Panhandle

Fran, I must say that is THE most unique toilet brush holder EVER!!!  Of course you had to love it!!!    bear_grin

The nicest present I ever had, was when my husband allowed me to go to New Zealand for three weeks in October 2000.  He gave me some money for my birthday to help pay for the plane ticket.

I sold part of my doll collection to pay for the rest.

It was a glorious trip!   bear_flower

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

The best present I ever got in the whole world was a wind chime. Now let me tell you the story.
My mother had given me this Hideous huge copper teapot antique style replica. I really had no use for it, it stood on a stand in the corner of the living room looking totally out of place. Finally we put it outside near the pond. Kind of looked cute there. I had been bugging my husband for these copper wind chimes that sound so pretty at the plant nursery all that year, fat chance of getting them they cost $200.00 for wind chimes.
That year for Christmas what do you think the hubs did. Took that teapot, using copper pipes and a brass angel that my best friend had given me ( she had passed away from cancer) and made the most beautiful wind chime with them. That wasn't the kicker, he wrote a poem
With my hands I made these,
then I folded my hands and prayed thee,
Lord, 'Sing her my love Forever'

Now just makes me cry everytime. We kept the little poem and hang it on the Christmas tree every year.  The wind chime hangs outside the bedroom window, and sings to me.
So there Penny, the best gift I ever got was some ugly old pot and some copper pipes. HA HA.
Love, Kathy

Board footer