Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

I hope someone can help me. I have linked my Blog to face book .....but how do you link your facebook to your blog???

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Sorry, not entirely sure what you're asking.  Do you mean how do you add a Facebook button to your blog?  The way I did it was to click on a link underneath a button on someone else's blog to allow you to set up your own.  If you go to my blog http://thelittlestthistlecraftshop.blogspot.com/ and scroll down a little you'll see the 'Join us on Facebook' bit with the button.  Just underneath is a link that says 'Promote your page too'.  Follow that you and you should be all set  bear_original

Alberta
Website

I did add a button to my blog, but how do I add one on my facebook page to get people to go from facebook to my bolg.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

You can manually post your blog links to your FB page.  Or you can join Networked Blogs and go into their settings and have your blog automatically update onto your page. That is what I do.  Is this what you want to do?
Either way when you click on the blog post is takes you to their blog in a new window. 

Is this what you are trying to figure out?

Joanne

Glasgow

You can also go to your page on FB, and as you go in, click on the Apps option in the left hand menu.  One of the options is Social RSS, which lets you link, and will also automatically post your blog to your FB page

Bloomsburg, PA
rowarrior wrote:

You can also go to your page on FB, and as you go in, click on the Apps option in the left hand menu.  One of the options is Social RSS, which lets you link, and will also automatically post your blog to your FB page

I have had problems with this in the past.  Do you?  My blog post doesn't show up sometimes.  Then I unlink and relink.  I gave up.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

While we're on this, how do I get my blog posts to show up on FB? Step by step would be good because I'm rubbish at anything computery  bear_original

Alberta
Website

Yes that is what I want to do. Thanks for your help. I will give it a try. I just did not know how to link from blog to FB. I did manage to get it from FB to blog. bear_original

Glasgow
desertmountainbear wrote:
rowarrior wrote:

I have had problems with this in the past.  Do you?  My blog post doesn't show up sometimes.  Then I unlink and relink.  I gave up.

Funnily enough, I've never had a problem with this (it takes a few hours to show up) but I did with Network Blogs  bear_laugh

Glasgow
Linda wrote:

While we're on this, how do I get my blog posts to show up on FB? Step by step would be good because I'm rubbish at anything computery  bear_original

Okay, I'll do the Social RSS one, and maybe Joanne can do the other one  bear_original

From your home page, click on 'Adverts and Pages' in the left hand menu.

You should now see the 'Basic Information' page for your business.

Click on 'Apps' in the left hand menu (6th option down)

You should see an icon of little orange person peeking round an orange square RSS logo with 'Social RSS' next to it

Click on 'Go to application' just under the 'Social RSS'

It should default to the 'Edit Settings' page

Enter your blog URL into the 'Feed 1' field under 'URL (feed address)'

If you have any other blogs add these in the same way underneath

Scroll down to the Tab Settings bit and enter the details as relevant to you, ie title, description, website link and time zone.

In the 'Send To Your Wall' section, select 'Yes' for Feed 1, and leave the rest as no (unless you have multiple blogs)

I set my item description to 'Full description' but set that, and the remaining options as you like

Click on 'Update' at the bottom and it should save your settings and start linking up your blog posts to your wall  bear_original

HTH

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

I'm not getting that app showing up  bear_sad  It just isn't there! Hurrumph

Bloomsburg, PA

To use Networked Blogs. Just type in Networked Blogs into the search.   Go to the application and there should be in there should be info on how to register and promote your blog.  They have good directions. 

I do not have that app that Katy is talking about either.  So I went to the search bar and typed RSS feed.  There it is, now it can be added to your page.

ps.  There are two.  The one Katy is taking about is called Social RSS.

Glasgow
Linda wrote:

I'm not getting that app showing up  bear_sad  It just isn't there! Hurrumph

Oops, sorry!  I think I've always had it, but maybe it depends when you started your page.  You should be able to search for it though as Joanne says, 'Social RSS'

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Thanks ladies, I've done it and will wait and see if it works!   bear_original  bear_original

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

I've had a heck of a time with the RSS feed.  Sometimes it doesn't show up until DAYS after I've made the blog post.  Does anyone know how to get OFF of the RSS feed, so that I can sign up for the Networked Blogs?  I looked and looked on Facebook this evening and finally gave up.
Thanks,
Cheryl

Bloomsburg, PA
binglebears wrote:

I've had a heck of a time with the RSS feed.  Sometimes it doesn't show up until DAYS after I've made the blog post.  Does anyone know how to get OFF of the RSS feed, so that I can sign up for the Networked Blogs?  I looked and looked on Facebook this evening and finally gave up.
Thanks,
Cheryl

I think that if you go to your page, under your avatar go to edit page.  Then go to apps, see if you can find the RSS feed and edit it from there.  If you can't remove it completely see if you can remove it from your wall and tabs.

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Thanks, Joanne.  I've found the RSS feed and it says I'm using it, but when I go to that page to edit it, there is absolutely no information on it.  Sometimes FB just puzzles me.  Maybe there is another RSS feed that I'm actually signed up to (as opposed to the Social RSS feed).  But then why would the Social RSS feed say that I'm using it?  I suppose the same reason that Networked Blogs is now on my apps page--because I looked at their pages yesterday.  Uggg.

Board footer