Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

Grigoriy-grizzly-2-tt_edited-1.jpgGrigoriy is 30" tall (20" seated) and made of shaded faux fur in taupe/brown/black with guard hairs (very grizzly) and has leather pawpads, nose, claws and eyelids over german glass eyes, a full neck and spine, rod-jointed at shoulders and hip, mechanical joints at knee, ankle, elbow, and wrists. (wrists are rotational, can turn upwar...ds, inwards & downwards, shoulders also have a 30 degree outward play) his paws end in long stitched leather claws and the paws are individually wired so he can actually hold his cans.

Grigoriy_grizzly_3_smtt_tt.jpg

the cans are made of metallic leathers. they are completely lined in bookbinding leather and the labels are antique labels that I scanned and then screened onto antique silk batiste.

Grigoriy_grizzly_6_smtttttttttttttt_edited-1.jpg

Grigoriy_grizzly_2_smtttttttttt.jpg

Grigoriy_grizzly_1_smtt.jpg

Grigoriy_grizzly_5_smtt.jpg

I'm having a really hard time loading pics of any decent size, but if you'd like to see more, I've got an album on facebook too:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 … 225d6e924b

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Kellydean!
He's so beautiful. I just want to hug him. Amazing detail inside and out  bear_thumb

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

Stunning!!!!  I so love your work!!!!! bear_original
Beth

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

Kellydean
My jaw is on the floor!  (and I'm drooling)   bear_shocked 
Amazing!! :clap:
Diana

donatel Berlin
Website

A great Artwork!

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

He's a real beauty!  Love him!

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Absolute perfection. What a stunner. Gosh, you really have such skill.

Richard
x

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website
Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Superbio.  That's like "superb" but  with some Harry Potter-type magicalness thrown in.  Of course, magicalness isn't really a word.  But this bear has a lot of it anyway.  bear_original bear_original bear_original

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Grigory is just stunning!  bear_wub 
When I first saw him on FB I thought a real bear had snuck into Kelly's workplace and started cleaning out his unfinished cans of food.  :crackup:

The detail and technique are astonishing.  A masterpiece would not be an overstatement!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter &  bears

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

He's fab, and I'm in awe of your skeleton/jointing

Vero Heck Vero Heck
Pinneberg
Website

Grigoriy is absolutely perfect! What an astonishing piece of art :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Sarah's Bruins Sarah's Bruins
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Website

Out of this world (and beyond!). Tremendous skills and creativity. Love him to bits.

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

thankss, folks!  what a great great bunch!  Peter, the cool thing about really big bears is that they feel real, too.  I always wish there was so was some way to convey in photo what is feels like to have a 12-pound wiggly-squishy bear sitting on your lap. . . :crackup:

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

You hit it out of the ball park with this gorgeous bear!!  He is perfect!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer