Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Jenny Johnson...I saw your adorable bunny Clover in the  sharing showcase here...what a fabulous job you did in creating him. I remember reading when you were designing him you were looking for the right fur, you say its mohair ...did you finally get it at Sasseys?It looks so soft and dense , more like a synthetic or alpaca...

I have been on there most of the day planning on what kind of furs I want for my next designs and just love your soft bunny fur.... I sure wish she had a sample pkg...its hard to pick out stuff off the internet.... Winney

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hi Winney....Bunny Clover...like most of mine at the moment is made from faux fur...don't ask me why...well I do know why when I think of it...I like the appearance of faux fur as it looks like real fur...ie it has guard-hairs which is what I love to see....giving it a fluffiness that doesn't happen with mohair unless I use the feather finishes, and then again I prefer straight piles.
I got foot pad and ear lining from Sassy's and very good they are too...they also have some really good synthetics but at the time I think she didn't have anything with a long enough pile for me ...I use anything between 5/8" and 1.5"...and now I am using a 2" pile knitted ...of which I have had to line the head but it didn't budge when I stuffed it, thank goodness.
The bunny was made from a piece of Tissavel blonde faux mink that I managed to get (it's difficult as hens teeth to find as no-one seems to sell it in the quantities we need to buy in)....I do occasionally buy faux fur coats that are in good nick as this fur is fabulous to work as it's soooo dense and so fluffy.

I do make from mohair but it isn't (from my point of view) as tactile and realistic looking as I like for my work...and I know I don't make realistic bears...far from it....but I like them to look as fuzzy and comforting as possible and I feel I can achieve it by using faux fur.

Board footer