Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

percival-pelican-3-sm-tt.jpgI really felt like I 'had' to try a pelican with an open beak to really capture the quintessential 'pelican', and imagine my delight when doing my research to discover there are actually 5-6 different types of pelicans. the biggest ones are the Australians, interpreted here by Percival.

percival_pelican_1_sm.jpg

percival_pelican_2_sm.jpg

percival_pelican_4_sm.jpg

percival_pelican_7_sm.jpg

percival_pelican_11_sm.jpg

Percival is an Australian Pelican and is about 7.5" tall without his 'pier'. he's made
white Belgian plush with black feathered mohair & leather beak, feet, claws & eyelids. he has a lockline spine, rod-jointed legs and wired wings. beak is formed over wire and has some play but does does not open and close (that whole expand-and-contract thing is beyond my current engineering capabilities ;-)

available/$650

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Oh he's just fab.  Looking forward to seeing the expanding engineering capabilities  bear_happy

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

LoVe his elegant beak and pouch. Also the delicate shading of his head and neck. Your pieces are such Works of Art.
Karen

lombardbears Lombard Bears Australia
ALBANY
Website

He looks spot on and fabulous Kelly!!!! bear_wub  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website

im agree with kat! fab!! bear_wub  bear_wub

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub  bear_wub Just wonderful as usual Kelly, the color is so nice and blends so well with what a real pelican should look like.  You are quite an artist.
Hugs Pat bear_flower

donatel Berlin
Website

Great work of Art!

Isle be Bear Isle be Bear
Isle of Benbecula
Website

WOW. He is awsome Kelly. You did so well on him his beak especially.  bear_thumb :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

Board footer