Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Does any one know how to use the paper cup method to trim bear faces? I have heard of it but don"t know how it works. My sister inlaw wants to try it but I don't know how as I have never tried it.

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

Mmmmm, don't know, but is it similar to putting a rubber band around the snout to know where to trim?    bear_happy  bear_laugh  bear_smile  bear_wacko

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I don't know either. Why not just use tape to section off the fur around the face to ensure you have the area you want to cut exposed? That works for me.

Alberta
Website

Kelly she did try the rubber band method, but found it would slip off the face and wrap around the fur. She is using mink. It does seam like the rubber band way.

Michelle I showed her how to do it with the tape and that is what she is doing now, but wanted to know how to do the cup method. She is just learning how to make bears and of course she loves the way the mink bears face goes with the puffy cheeks.

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

If I'm using the rubber band method, I use pins to hold it in place all the way round, maybe that would work?

Alberta
Website

Never thought if that Katy. I will tell her that.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Wow Lynn - just learning to make bears and she starts with real fur??   :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

just put the bear's face into the cup, the edge of the cup gives you a line to follow.  It's fairly crude, the elastic band is the better option, as it moulds more to the contours of the face.

If the lacci band is slipping, put some pins in to hold it.  You can adjust them until you have a line you like.

cheers,
G

Alberta
Website

Yes  Laura Lynn, she is starting with real fur and loves it. I am going to get her into mohair as well.

Geralye, I told her to use pins to hold the elastic. I am not sure on the paper cup Idea. She likes to make small bears.

Board footer