Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

clare14 Country Bears
England

I am interested to find out what makes an ebay listing interesting to you.

I listed both my bear and bunny on ebay 6 days ago, they have had NO INTEREST whatsoever!!   bear_cry    I usually at least get a question!!   bear_laugh

I am going to get a template made, but I wanted to know what you think I should include in my listings, what makes a GOOD listing??

Any advice appreciated  :hug:

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi Clare...give us a link to the bear...Winney

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Hi Clare i just had a look your pics are nice and clear and you rabbit is lovely and so is your bear .why i was looking i placed a few bibs ha!ha!  i guess you just have to wait sometimes things happen right at the end .good luck

clare14 Country Bears
England

Sure Winney, they're:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … %3AIT&rd=1

and:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? … %3AIT&rd=1

I see many lovely listings, I want mine to be a bit more 'happening'!!  bear_grin

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Fran!!

Many thanks!!  :dance:   I'm still watching all those lovely dresses!!!   <sigh>  They're beautiful!!   Have you seen them everyone??   Take a look at Fran's ebay page, they're dreamy....... bear_original

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Hi Clare,

Your listings are very nice as our your bear and bunny, so no problems there!  My one suggestion would be to not use all capital letters in your descriptions... many people find it difficult to read all caps and others consider all caps to be 'yelling'.  Wish I could be of more assistance!

Hugs,
Kelly

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I have started using www.robshelp.com to improve my listings, its free and has so many things to it to make your listing stand out.
Nothing wrong with the listing otherwise. Like kelly said try using lowercase.  The advantage with using something like robshelp to do your pages you can add as many photos as you want and eBay can't charge you.  So the more photos the merrier.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I think your pictures are wonderful.

I have to agree with the capital letters.
Save capital or bold letters for certain words you want to stand out. Otherwise I highly recommend using upper and lower case letters. I'm one of those ones who doesn't even bother reading if it's all caps.... it's actually very dificult to read.

If you get a template made be sure to insert pictures in between all the text. Breaks things up and folks are more apt to read each individual paragraph as something important and informative if it's in between pictures. Does that make sense?

Things do often happen at the last minute so don't loose heart!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

You know I've never thought about that whole capital letter thing before  (CAN YOU HEAR ME!!!!!) !!! bear_whistle  bear_laugh

I will certainly look at that in future!!!   This is the first time I've listed bears at a higher price too, I get really upset when they sell for peanuts.....you will all know what I mean.  bear_cry   I know that January isn't the best month in the year for people money-wise (I know that feeling!!)  but thought I'd give it a try.

Like I say I am looking into getting a template done, I did look at robshelp, but got cross eyed and thought I'd have someone who knows what they're doing do it!!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh

I will certainly take all this advice on board, thank you all so much, as always  bear_wub  :hug:

LynBlair Posts: 139

Having a featured gallery auction certainly seems to help, but I wouldn't base any ideas about the quality of your work on ebay sales at the moment.  It seems to be bit wacky at the moment.  bear_wacko  Even the usual very expensive artists work is going for less than what I've seen in the past.  Maybe it's the weather or something.  bear_ermm

Hugs,
Lyn

Helen Out 'n About Bears
Poole, Dorset, England

Claire--I listed a bear at a higher price than usual too, and I had no interest--not even a watcher!  This was last week!!   I guess I'll try again---I think you just have to keep trying.

Helen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

If you are giving away a free George Clooney - that'll do it for me every time  bear_tongue

PenPen  bear_wub

Board footer