Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Cow_04RESZ.jpgCow_03RESZ.jpgCow_02RESZ.jpgCow_RESZ_01.jpgHi.  Here are some photos of a Dairy Queen I made about 5 years ago.  I made her before I ever made any mohair bears.

I made her chair from scratch which is over 3 feet high.  I never knew I could do upholstery but it really was no that hard.  The chair is wooden which is pianted metallic gold.  The rest is red velvet which is encrusted with many coloreful acrylic gems and gold trim.

The cow is a one-of-a-kind made from mohair.  Her muzzle, snout area is ultra suede as are her hooves. SHe is airbrushed too.  Her eyes are glass taxidermy dear eyes that I sculpted sockets for and added eyelashes.  These pictures were really hard for me to take as she sits high up on a plant shelf in our catherdral ceiling dinig room which overlooks our living room.

I designed all her clothes from sctratch and just cut them out without making any patterns first....WHAT was I thinking.....well, I was very new to designing animals...I could never duplicate this...oh my what a lot of work it was.

She wears over $100 of costume jewelry including a replica of the blue sapphire Titanic Heart pendant.  Also, she wears my wedding earrings and necklace.

I took this piece with me to a bear show I did in Kolher WI several years ago and I had such fun hearing the reactions from people.  Her official name is Mariah the Dairy Queen.  After all...we live on a dairy...so someone has to be the queen...right?

This is my hubbys favorite piece I have made.  I guess she will just have to stay with us forever. bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I dont see any pics  bear_cry

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's soo cool Judi! What a great idea, but you have also really done well. Her snout is amazing!

Nice job on the chair to! I love how you like to tackle large projects like this. You're not afraid of the work.

Well done.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Heather.  I really like smaller projects but am willing to try just about anything....once.  This was very fun and adventurous to do...and it fits in our home just right. bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Really clever, Judi - I can see why she is your hubby's favorite!  Super job!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Goodness gracious Judi! I love her!!!

Many Hugs Louise

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

My first reaction was Holy Cow then realised how stupid that sounded.

So I'll opt for wow she is lovely and looks great.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Judi she is woderful ... your talent is never ending

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Too cute, and so appropriate for a dairy farmer and his family.  I love the whimsy of it!  Has it ever been published or in competition anywhere, Judi?  Just fantastic; thanks for posting!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Judi...I meant to remind you a while back to show us the pics of Mariah when you mentioned her once before. She's so fantastic! You are so clever with what you can make...a real natural! To have made all her clothes , chair and everything with no pattern...my word, is there anything you don't excell at? I'll bet you have one of those minds that never switches off huh??
You're a true inspiration you know! Oh for a slice of your energy.....I guess your son takes after you...you do describe him as a three year old tornado! bear_laugh
You're a legend! :hug:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Judi ! You are so clever!  :clap: 
Dairy Queen is gorgeous caw !!!  :love:
Someone should make a movie of her !!!  bear_grin  I think Dairy Queen can act too ?
Thanks for posting your works.  :hug:  I'm very lucky to see this !  bear_laugh

Hugs/Marie

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

She is amazing!!!!!  She is funny, gorgeous, so well dressed, and I can see why she is the favorite! bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Shelli wrote:

Has it ever been published or in competition anywhere, Judi?

I was just starting to post that she has never been published...but then I remembered...yes, she has.  Teddy Bear and Friends did an article called " What Bear Artists do When They are not Making Bears".   It came out a couple of years ago.  There is a photo of this cow, and a photo of me laying right on top of a dairy cow in our barn (her name was Kate), and then a photo of my hubby and me dancing.  It was a really nice article which included many interesting tid bits about several artists.  It was not a story like our Christine wrote.

I don't have any good pics of her, really...and several years ago I wasn't thinking about competitions.  SO nope, she had never been entered and now it would be too late due to the rules that the entries need to have been made within about a year of the competition.

Who knows...maybe I will make some calves....I never know where my mooooood will take me next... bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Thanks for all your great comments :hug:  bear_wub

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a super job of Dairy Queen you have made, Judi.
You talented Lady, you and to have made the chair! Wow.

bear_original

Board footer