Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hi everyone.  Have you ever heard of Lockergnome acutions?

Well, here is what happened.  Right now I am having quite a lot of computer problems.  I cannot get my address bar to show even though in the "view" drop down menu it shows it is on...but it's not....

ANYWAY..I did a Google search for Luxembears so I could get on my own website to do an update and I found a website called www.lockergnome.com  and it listed my lion and lamb set for auction!!!  all I have access to is the actual google search.  I cannot access the website but obviously my lion and lamb auction has been stolen from ebay!  My lion and lamb set was sold earlier this month on ebay.  If this link does not work then google luxembears and look at number 8.

I can't contact this auction due to my computer problems, but I am going to keep trying and put a stop to this. 

I think the rest of you should go and see if any of your bears are there.  I would have looked myself but until I get my computer fixed I am very limited to what I can do.

YIKES!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Ok Judi I can't find the auction.... I did the google and found you came up ander several other auction sites too as did several of the other artists around.  BUT all it did was link you back to the eBay sale.

When I did the search for you in lockergnome the same hing happened you came up connected to eBay.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I tried too, and didn't come up with this Lockergnome at all...except when I used your direct link to it.  And their site looks like some sort of computer techno stuffs.   bear_wacko   Some really odd things happening with computers lately....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

This is what I got when I searched lockergnome for 'Luxembears' :
"We're sorry, no Lockergnome pages match the search you requested."
It is indeed a technical website for computer geeks (no offense anyone!).

When I do a google search #8 is Jones Publishing. I don't see anything connecting Luxembears and Lockergnome.

Maybe you need a new computer and some other kind of internet connection??? Laughing here! Get those gremlins out of that machine!!!!!!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

i did the direct link came up conmputer stuff

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Judi,

I looked too, took me ages to get to the artists page.   I looked around, there was quite a few artist bears on there, only one I recognised was Michelle Lamb's and when I clicked on it, it took me to her ebay page.

Hope you get this sorted  :hug:

LynBlair Posts: 139

Here is the Lockergnome auction site, but they didn't seem to have anything listed under "Bears and Dolls".
http://auctions.lockergnome.com

:hug: ,
Lyn

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Judi I did the search and didn't get lockergnome ... only with your direct link .. and then I couldn't see anything on the site about your lion and lamb auction ...... do you think you may have a virus in the computer? Judi

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Judi,
Lockergnome is a computer geekie type site - the reason your trading name is appearing there is shown on the left hand side of the screen in one of the side panels
- they are listing hot searches using their search engine
- you are one of their hot searches
- so lots of people are using a search engine to find out about you and your bears. 
This search engine would also pick up on ebay listings past and present as ebay store auction pages for I think 90 days on their server
- this is how an auction which is complete can still be picked up and linked to by a search engine. 

A lot of search engines work by trawling the sites they have listed as valid sites and looking for the key words the user has entered in the search window - so your auction in ebay would be picked up in your google search.
I have used anotehr couple of search engines and I believe that this is what has happened - that your own auction from ebay may be what you have encountered as I can find no other - although I have not had time for an exhaustive search
I am fairly sure that this is the answer to what you have encountered - I do hope so but be assured that lockergnome itself is not functioning as an auction site as far as I can see you can use the list of hot links at the side and if you click on Luxembears you will get a google type set of results.
I do hope that this puts your mind at rest  :hug:  :hug:
Oh I am just about to email you the promised files!!
Anne

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Anne and everyone else..thanks for the information.  Yes, Daphne...I do need to get these gremlins out of my computer...

BUT...just toshow you that I am not completely insane here is what I was referring to

Lockergnome's Auctions - Buy Bears, featuring thousands of Dolls and Bears, Bears, and other products at discount ... 
... LUXEMBEARS LION & LAMB mohair (bear) set UNIQUEIMG="http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif" id ... LUXEMBEARS LION & LAMB mohair (bear) set UNIQUEIMG="http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw ...auctions.lockergnome.com/sys/browse/Dolls_and_Bears/... - 36k - Cached - More from this site - Save - Block

Weird weird weird bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Now I am lost too Judi  :redface:
Erin is right about spybot and adaware - they are excellent  :thumbsup:
Hope you have no more bother
:hug: Anne

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sorry Judi, I'm with everyone else. I couldnt find anything that linked the two. And nothing like you just posted. Sorry possum.     It was nice to see the lion and lamb again though. Wonderful work. bear_smile

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Judi, I have had that same sort of thing happen to me when I was "googling" myself... I google Wild Thyme Originals, and I see mt picturetrail site, a few sites where I have a link on their page, a couple of things when I have been in magazines... then there are these really strange places that seem to have nothing to do with me, or with bears.... Most of the time it's a bear that was in the eBay Pulse section... and it does link back to the completed auction.  I think Anne is absolutely right...
I don't think it's anything BAD, per se, its' just the way that website is attempting to get more hits....

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild tHyme Originals

Board footer