Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

P1030545b.jpgMost of my bears end up being boys, so I'm happy to see some girls this time.

Please meet 15" Matilda and her seahorse, Cecil (made by Torquay Teddies in the UK). She's sitting pretty in her knitted 1920's style swim dress. 14" Elodie is made from a wavy tipped mohair, and she's ready for autumn in her knitted green cardigan.

Elodie is listed now on Bearpile if you'd like to see more pictures, and both bears are available directly through me or my website.

Becky

bearsofbath Bears Of Bath
Bath, UK
Website

They are both wonderful Becky :clap:  :clap:  :clap: such beautiful bears. I especially love Matilda and Cecil. She has such a pretty outfit. Did you make both costumes? :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Carol!

I'm afraid that my knitting skills are limited to mufflers and mittens. I got these outfits through ebay from a wonderful seller named Marion (also from the UK). I have a little stash of items from this lovely lady.

Becky

Conni Germany

:clap: Becky, I´m so happy to see your bears. They are so beautiful!! bear_wub  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you, Conni!

It's true that I don't make a lot of bears, and these will be the last ones available until the Teddies Worldwide online show in November.

I'm so glad that you like my girls! bear_original

Becky

HeidiBears florida

Beautiful girls!!! Their outfits suit them well, especially Matilda with her little sea horse  bear_wub  bear_wub

JO BEARS jo bears
KENT

Lovely bears -love the green cardigan bear especially . bear_grin  bear_grin

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Joanie and I are both drooling majorleague as we read your post and look at your web site.  I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your bears, Becky.

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

They are both lovely.  i LOVE the tipped mohair.  It really suits your bears.

Hugs

Sue

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you a bunch - Heidi, Jo, Jessie, and Sue!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I sent a note to the knitter this evening and told her about all the compliments her clothes were receiving. bear_original

It means a lot to me that you like these two.

Becky

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Can you describe the way they feel?  Are they similar to Joanie?  I'm just trying to picture them.  Of course I'm holding her.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Wubbiebear wrote:

Can you describe the way they feel?

Sure thing. Their full descriptions (on my website) have a little info about that, which I'll paste in here.

Starting with Matilda, the mohair is very short, and it's very soft and dense. It's just very soothing somehow to touch. I stuffed Matilda's body softly with poly and pellets, so she's delightfully squishy in the middle. This is the first time I've done this, and it's really a fun effect. Her head is still firmly stuffed, and her arms and legs are firm enough, but her body is soft and kind of bouncy.

Now on to Elodie. Her mohair is longer and soft and wavy--like the Schulte swatch I sent you. She's stuffed medium-firm and has a bit of heft to her, so she's nice to hold. She would sit on your lap with a bit of weight to her--not squishy and not hard, either. Her paw pads are nice, too, since I used cotton velvet. It's very soft and nice to touch.

So they're both pretty different from Joanie except for the glass eyes and embroidered nose and mouth. Those would feel the same. And Matilda has wool felt paw pads like Joanie's.

Clear as mud? bear_grin

Becky

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

They are both delightful girls, Becky.   bear_wub

I love them both: Matilda looks so sweet in her old-fashioned swimsuit, I can just picture her sitting on the beach ready to go for a swim. bear_smile
Elodie reminds me a lot of Arthur; I think she could be his younger sister.  The tipped fur is so beautiful and looks great when you trim the muzzle!  :clap:

Hugs, :hug:

Peter, Arthur & Vincent

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks very much for your thoughtful comments, Peter. :hug:  :hug:  :hug: They make me want to do a happy dance. :dance:

Becky

Board footer