Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01523-2.JPGDSC01512-2.JPGGollygeewhilikers~!!!  I finally finished this guy, and boy am I glad, I am almost sick of him!  I do so love his fur though;  it is 690S/C 2+inch long honey-tan.  And it brushes out so fluffy and full.  I wish I was made of this fab-mohair!

He is just shy of 16" tall, has painted eyes and of course he stands on his own two feet.  Kind of mandatory for around here!  If you can't stand up for yourself the gollies will run right over you.

He has glass beads in his bottom and feet, poly fill stuffing, and two bow ties.  I changed my mind and decided he was too young to be wearing the silk one just yet.

He can hold up his box of candy, however, this is the very same box of chocolates that the hubs ate the chocolate out of....sheesh again.  I'm going to try to go back to the same store and get another box....

Hope you enjoy him......nope he doesn't have a name or a poem yet.....I guess if i sell him I'll have to come up with something.  I am just glad to have him finished.

hugs

dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Dilu, he's the perfect valentine!  Too bad the box has no chocolates, though.  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad   He does look like Shakesbear, though, with the moustache and goatee . . . fantastic work!

Is he better than when you saw him the first time.  I tried to incorporate all the ideas, except for the facial hair....had to keep his moustache and goatee.....

I didn't want you and the others to think i didn't listen to your suggestions......cuz I really did try......I kind of think the fabric its self asks for facial hair.....He had to sit for a whole week while I worked stuff out in my head with his face off.....I took his face off right away so that I would have to fix him.....

hugs

dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, I do think you improved him . . . but he was cute to begin with!  The eyes are great!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

What a marvellous bear ! bear_wub His face is very unique ! I love him ! :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Malko has got some comments: I let him type them:

Very cool bear Dilu! Seeing him just brings these two questions into my mind:

1) What did he smoke to look so relaxed?
2) Does he still have some left? (to share with me  bear_whistle )(don't forget I'm a PLANT physiologist  bear_grin )
Or maybe this bear is just in love?

Friendly,

Malko.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Dilu, I think that your Gollies had some strange influence on this bear! He looks in heavens! Maybe he won't want to leave you without one Golly very special for him. He may have found his Valentine! Have a look around and I am sure you will find her!!!  bear_tongue

His fur looks fantastic and so soft. I want to hug him!
:hug:

beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: How did you make his eyes?

Malko and Sophie

Given where we live, I should have thought of that!  yu made both the hubs and me laugh!  Thanks....Let's just say he is lovelorn, or heartsick.

the truth is that this mohair is so luxurious that when I started playing around with the bear head, looking at the way the fur was going and he told me he wanted the goatee and moustache.

I wonder if the next one will be a girl friend for him.

dilu

Marion  Thanks....it's fun trying to do something that you haven't seen before.  Nancy T. e-mailed a pic of one of her little guys that had a goatee and a little moustache....too too cute. Most people seem to prefer their boys looking a little more innocent-and not so rakish.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Dilu! He is absolutely gorgeous! I love his beautiful face!

Many Hugs Louise

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

AAAWWW Dilu, you already know I love this guy!  Great job.  The eyes look well placed.  Cool! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dilu, he turned out beautifully!  I really love his very sweet and tender expression; he does indeed make a perfect Valentine.

Wonderful job!

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Such a lovely looking bear, i could give him a big bear hug  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

He's soo cute, I love the way he looks up at you. Almost asking to be picked up.

Nice job

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Dilu- He is great! He looks lovestruck, with stars in his eyes!  bear_wub

Thank you every one.  I did work pretty hard on him.....had to redo his face several times.

Thank goodness for needle felting and paint!  bear_grin

I had some wonderful friends give me honest critique and because of it I was able to see him through their eyes and boy did that help alot!

Next week we are 'going to town' and I will get a repacement box of candy....

Silly hubs, he promised not to eat it this time....

(I'll get him a box of his own, after all how aften do wives bring home valentine shaped boxes of candy for the hubsies?)

that should be fun, and after all he has been doibng really well on his diet.....better than me!

thank you for your input special ladies, you know who you are. 

huggies to one and all

dilu

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Oh,Wow Dilu!! bear_wub  bear_wub

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Great job Dilu!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
He has sooo much character and his eyes are stunning! bear_wub

Board footer