Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

DSC_0063-copy.jpgginger-copy-72.jpgHere's the squirrel design I have been working on....three heads later and we're getting somewhere at last...but it's been a total nightmare...I think the fabric doesn't help...it's not easy to work with.

But I'm not keen to make another.....but I'll have to, because I can't let him beat me!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Jenny he's lovely!!  :hug:    What a gorgeous colourful creation!!   Worth all the hard work, that's easy for me to say!!  :dance:  bear_laugh

You find the most beautiful fabrics, do you purchase them here in the uk or overseas??

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Darling, and you've captured the ears perfectly.

I agree with Clare; that fabric is wonderful.  So warm and rich and textured!

Did you use something different for the tail?

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

bear_wub Love the squirrel  bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oooo, Jenny! What a beautiful little guy!!! I bet you'll never look at the squirrel in your yard the same again!
You have done a magnificent job! Great fur selection and that tail fur is perfect!!! His face is adorable and I do love those ears. You must make more!!

Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

WOW, Jenny . . . is there anything you can't create??!!  What a very wonderful, gorgeous creature this little squirrel is - outstanding!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Oh my. You are the most amazing artist! you really are!
This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Oh man, what I would give to own it.

I don't see any flaws at all! They eyes are your eyes, the body is perfect and the head looks perfect as well.

Thanks soo much for sharing,

Heather

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked
Jenny, he is outstanding !!! bear_shocked
Absolutely lovely ! bear_wub  bear_wub

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a wonderful creation your Ginger-Nut, the Squirrel is!

bear_original

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Jenny... In my honest opinion... he is simply too cute for words!!!!!! So, I'll just leave it at that! 

Beary truly yours,
Kim basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Jenny,
As all your creations he is magnificent!  May I ask what medium you used for the white around the eyes? 
Donna

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks everyone for looking at my latest design....this of all the designs I have done has to be the most annoyingly simple yet the hardest to achieve. There is something about a squirrel that to capture it's essence seems so difficult to pin-point. You can't just stick a fuzzy tail on...there is something characteristically squirrelly that is so hard to 'get right'. Like I said ...I did 2 heads before this one and I am still thinking about making changes to my next one...I'll re-visit this design sometime....

It's a funny thing isn't it? We had the discusssion about what makes a rabbit a rabbit...and there are individual characteristics which makes it interesting to define them ...but it's so hard to pin-point just what they are.......aaaaaaaaaaGH!!

I used a long pile red faux fur knitted back for the tail Shelli...it was perfect as it had silver grey guard hairs. I get most of my faux fur from Edinburgh...and now I know how easy it is to line the knitted type I'm not so restricted what I buy.

Donna, I am so into oil paints since Shelli suggested it...I just think it's so versatile...and effective....

yosemitebearworks Oakhurst, CA
Website

Jenny,

Your squirrel is just great -- what a face.  I know an artist is never satisfied -- but to my eyes he's just perfect.  What a sweetie.

Donna B

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Jenny, He is just amazing  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Fantastic work of art, and so very squirrel-y!  Now all you need is 20 more of them, butt up in the air, digging out somebody's carefully planted flower bulbs.  That's the view I see of them in the backyard, anyway.
bear_laugh

Hugs,
Kelly

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW Jenny! Very realistic! TOO CUTE! Love the tail too!!! Good job!  bear_wub

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Oh Jenny

You clever thing, Ginger Nut is stunning!  He's absolutely stunning! :clap:  :clap:

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Jenny - Ginger-Nut is so adorable and life like.    Your work is so unique and lovely - you are such a talented artist.

Sandi

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Just Beautiful Jenny.  The fur you used is perfect.  I love the tail.  It looka so real.  Very well done! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Jenny, you have done IT.  He is so cute, so perfectly lovely and so close to 'real life'  He is very impressive....I'd show it to the locals here, but they just want the stale peanuts and cat food that I throw for them....some critters have no taste.  What a lovely lovely little critter.

The next one will be better....you wont have to struggle so because you have learned so much this time.

Congrats, you darling lady, you deserve big  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  for doing sucha great job!

dilu

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Jenny he is absolutely outstanding- definitely a contest entry for next year I love the eyes- you have captured the shape of them so well!!!
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh Jenny he is too cute.  I want him!!  bear_wub   I love squirrels
Hugs Sarah

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow,wow,wow!! Your hard work really paid off and you have certianly captured the essence of this adorable,sweet squirrel.Awesome!! :dance:   :dance:  :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:  :hug:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Jenny, he is wonderful! I don't know what you see that you would like to change, he looks absolutely adorable to me!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I love him!  Beautiful work and the perfect fur choice!

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer