Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Just wondering...my cousin has recently started making bears..she lives in Guelph Ontario. She has been looking for a course, or a fair reasonably nearby...at least within driving distance..
Just so she can get hands on with fabrics, chat to people etc..any ideas from Canadians on TT ?
Would be very grateful for any info I can pass on..

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Hi,
Ontario is a really big province, and there aren't many supply shops. However, Disco Joints and Teddies is located just north of Toronto, so maybe about 1.5-2 hours drive from Guelph?  (Not totally sure as I'm about a 15 hour drive from Toronto.)     Here are the numbers:
PHONE:  519-699-5762
FAX:      519-699-4525

I had excellent success with items ordered from them. They also do shows and would likely have a handle on who is doing workshops in the Guelph/Toronto area.  You can also check with the McKays (teddy bears on vacation.    http://www.teddybearsonvacation.com/   I'm sure they'll have a line on some workshops as well.

nancy t

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Actually disco Joints is only about 30 minutes from Guelph,  their website is http://www.discojoints.on.ca/  they are great people to deal and you will get the best prices on mohair  (sorry Intercal) but for us no one can touch their prices. As for fairs the only real Teddy Bear show left is the one in Toronto and it is only going to be once a yr now I do believe and that is in Nov. We live fairly close to Guelph Jenny, if they want to email us we can help them out with getting them started and answering some of their questions or showing them some basic Techniques. My email is littlebearguy@hotmail.com .

Hugs

Shane

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

There is also Unbearies in Uxbridge, Ontario but they only sell over the internet, I believe.  Here's a link to their site:  http://www.uxbearies.com/    I bought mohair from them at the Toronto Christmas show and I'm happy with it.

Waterloo, Ontario

Yes I forgot about uxbearies Brenda, I just can't afford them LOL. They have beautiful Schulte fabric but expensive.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shane, they had exactly what I wanted and hadn't been able to find up till then, so I closed my eyes and handed them my hubby's credit card lol!  Never even looked at the price :o)

warwickshire uk
Website

Thanks guys...really appreciate your help...I have used Discojoints myself..only problem is the website is not so great :o( not keen to buy if I haven't at least seen a picture...
But I will pass all this on...

Waterloo, Ontario

Well Jenny if she wants to go to Disco joints, I have no problem taking her. It is run out of their house but they do let people come in and shop. I agree it's nice to see the mohair you are buying. If there is something you are interested in and there is no picture then by all means feel free to ask them for a picture.  Since it's family run and a small operation they do not have the large websites and it's also not full time both Chris and Karen  work outside the home so difficult I'm sure to maintain a full website with everything they have. 

But again I am more than willing to meet up with your cousin and go out with her.

Hugs

Waterloo, Ontario

Brenda,  I agree sometimes you do just have to close your eyes and hand over the card  bear_whistle  bear_whistle . They do have beautiful stuff that much I will say but still way out of my price range lol. 

hugs

warwickshire uk
Website

That's really kind..I will pass the info on!! :hug:  :hug:

Board footer