Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

May I suggest this li'l number LOL LOL

Oh, just who is that????  bear_rolleyes he's tooo cute!

Joan

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Congratulations to everyone who received Golden Teddy nominations! Well done! :clap:

As for the Industry's Choice Winners, the judges are coming next week. I've got a great panel--all new from last year--who I know will really study the entries and cast thoughtful votes. The winners in the manufacturers' categories will be announced on Feb 12, and the artists will be announced Feb 17.

We've got fantastic entries this year--I would love to be able to share all of them with you. I'm thrilled by the artistry, creativity, and craftsmanship the artists put into their contest entries. I've got outstanding work by known artists and eye-popping stuff from people I've never heard of. Just wait--you're gonna love it!

Mindy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOO HOO... WHO IS IN THAT PIC???

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shelli, you are just the best - no wonder your creations are so great as there is certainly no problem with your imagination!!!!!  I can imagine the lounge completely - what a warm, comforting place it would be.     
Sonya, I love your work and every time I come on here, I can't help but thinking what a gift it was to join this group and get to know everyone.  Connecting with other artists from all over the world, who have the same interests, without having to step outside of home, has been such a pleasure!
Take care and bye for now.
                                                 Hugs,

Brenda

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I love the lounge Shelli, but why only use it once a year for the awards?  I think we need it all the time, In fact, i am looking for for the keys now!!!  South on I5?  Right?

Scott, who was your friend.....no not the studdly one the teddy one.....oh dear....my age is showing?  I resemble that thought!  sigh.......

dilu

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Brenda thanks so so much! i really like this board and have also decided that the extra 4 hours a day that I have been asking for will never do. I need an additional 8 hours a day.
This place has somehow made me feel as if I have been in that very lounge all day.
Sonya

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh, my, my, my!   bear_shocked   You're all going to get me into trouble!! 

That's quite the 'lil number Scott!!!  Is it warm in here?  All of a sudden I feel a little warm.   bear_tongue

I appreciate the thought Deb.  Really I do.  I'll keep my poolboy though.  One less distraction on Thursdays!   bear_innocent

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

MKinsey/TBF wrote:

We've got fantastic entries this year--I would love to be able to share all of them with you. I'm thrilled by the artistry, creativity, and craftsmanship the artists put into their contest entries. I've got outstanding work by known artists and eye-popping stuff from people I've never heard of. Just wait--you're gonna love it!

It's always incredibly fun to actually READ and SEE the nominated pieces; what an exciting time for bear lovers this period is!  If everyone is like me, once the lists come out, you hit Google and try to "find" the nominated pieces at artist websites or in auction listings on the web!  Wheeeeeeee!

Can't wait ... thanks for the update, Mindy!

:hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I want to go to a an artists lounge.  It sounds like a great and fun place.  I hope non-artists are welcome too.   bear_original

Everyone who entered should be congratulated!  It takes a lot just to enter.   :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

MKinsey/TBF wrote:

Congratulations to everyone who received Golden Teddy nominations! Well done! :clap:

As for the Industry's Choice Winners, the judges are coming next week. I've got a great panel--all new from last year--who I know will really study the entries and cast thoughtful votes. The winners in the manufacturers' categories will be announced on Feb 12, and the artists will be announced Feb 17.

Mindy

Boy, I'm on the edge of my seat!!  Thanks for giving us the timetable on the TOBY IC Winners.  I'm sure we'll all be waiting with bated breath.  Appreciate your perspective!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Shelli! You too! GOOGLE! GOOGLE! GOOGLE! Some are such well hidden secrets. I haven't even uploaded my entries to my website yet. But I wouldn't have a problem showing them here.
Sonya

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

'kay Sonya...don't keep us in suspense! Hit us with 'em!!! bear_thumb  bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

May I suggest this li'l number LOL LOL

Oh come on Scott spill the beans WHO IS THAT IN THE PICTURE? Nice bear too!  bear_thumb

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower Thanks for the heads-up, Mindy! Is it too late to enter Scott's pool boy?  bear_whistle

I've got to say that as a struggling rookie, I'm thrilled and inspired by all the care and dedication hard work that goes into these competitions on the part of everyone involved--organizers, judges and bear artists.

I think there can be no better omen for the future of the Bear World than this.

Sales may be up or down, but such things have always been cyclical and difficult to predict.

This is only my second experience of the yearly awards cycle. Last time I wondered what all the fuss was about. This year I'm biting my nails, dropping tears all over my keyboard, jumping up and cheering at my monitor.

Now that I know how much skill and devotion, not to mention frustrating trial and error and shredded mohair, goes into making these little critters live up to an artist's original vision, I can't really remember what it was like not to know what all the fuss was about!

Eileen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Scott!!! Is that YOU in that photo?  I am drooling here! bear_whistle

I am so glad Mindy has posted the timetable.  I look forward to the results!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

OK. for those who asked.. I only have pictures here at work of 2 of my 3 entries. and these are not neccessarily the exact photos submitted, but very similar as far a poses go............... so first is

Libearty 23 inches hand dyed mohair 68 seperate pieces not counting his stars

libearty.jpg

and second is 28 inch MacBeth.  Even his bagpipes work!

macbeth.jpg

Sonya

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Wow, Sonya - they are amazing pieces!  I love them both, but particularly MacBeth.  Where on earth did you get working bagpipes that small? Libearty looks very regal - I wish you all the best for the Toby's and will keep my fingers crossed for everyone from TT that entered.  I didn't enter the Tobys this year.  Good luck!

Hugs,

Brenda

Sunnie and Shelli and all the rest who didn't get chosen THIS YEAR I applaud you!  It is your generous spirit and happiness for the other beary friends who were chosen that makes you GIANTS in the real world, you know, the one were Teddies share wisdom and keep secrets and gollies get in to mischief!

Given the state of affairs in the world our other loved ones inhabit I am really quite content to live in a telletubby house with all the furr and fuzz

dilu

Sonya

What perfectly lovely bears....thank you for the pictures.....your Scot bear is fantastic, i love the way he is standing, proud and tall!  does he play the pipes too?  that would be too too cool.

dilu

Hey guys, Isn;t it super neat that Mindy is able to post here, and share a little with us.  And given her schedule, which has to be horrendous, we are super lucky!

Thanks Mindy!!

:hug:

dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sonya, those bears are amazing.  I can't even imagine the headache of working with 60-some-odd pattern pieces.  SIXTY???  AARGH!  My skunk last year had something like 27-30 pieces, nearly twice what my lowest-piece bears have (sometimes I use a folded arm and/or leg so that counts as "one")... and I wanted to jump off a roof at under 30!

Wonderful!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Sonya, your entries are fabulous!!!   bear_wub  68 pieces to make Libearty....not counting the stars?!!!  WOWZER!   

Seeing all the entries makes me realize I really have to get my act together!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Sonya! Oh my goodness! Both of your entries are outstanding! Beautifully made and creative as anyone could imagine! I am in awe!

Many Hugs Louise

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures, Sonya !
These two bears are jewell ! Such an amount of work and such marvellous results ! You can be proud of them ! :hug:
(I'm especially in love with Liberty !  :love:)

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Aw, thanks you guys! Llibearty was planned for so long. I knew how much work he was going to be. When I designed him, I then had to take my pattern and section it into pieces and number each piece and keep a key to the numbering so I could put humpty dumpty together again. I have pretty much decided I may keep him. He also has a music button in his paw that plays "God Bless America".
MacBeth just turned out exactly like I envisioned him. Proud, strong, and handsome! lol. I know I am glad I don't have to play those bagpipes. I blew them up and tried and lets just say, it is good I don't have cats. The dogs singing along was funny enough!
The other one I didn't show here is a set called, "Pa and the Red-Headed Step-child, Don't tell yer Ma"
It is a set of a father and son bear playing pool. They have a pool table and balls and cues, and the step child is standing on a beer crate to reach the table. lol. Thier pictures were so hard to do. and they can't even begin to compete against Judi's Snow Bear and the Dwarf Hares!
Sonya

Board footer