Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I'd enjoy almost everything in our Lounge (Brit for 'living room', which knocks it down a peg or 2...)    but,  where's the massage bench?

Bobbie

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bobbie, I'll have one installed immediately.  Thanks for the reminder!

bear_happy

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Thanks SueAnn, I will pass them on. I know that she is excited, she just won't show it.
She called my aunt, Jean, in MN. Jean just about jumped out of her skin with excitement.
:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

First Ive got to say, Sonya that red, white and blue bear is gorgous!!!!!
And Judi your nominations are just so beautiful, the snow white is my favorite, it reminds me of when my 20 yr old son was about 4 he called it "Snow White and the seven Dorfs"  Those bunnies are the cutest x 7.
      There is an artist on ebay who I just adore and I love her bears, well we started at about the same time on ebay and we both did really well selling, she got a Toby Nomination the 1st time she entered and was walking on cloud nine, well she started making different looking bears, she started making them like the one she entered and they didn't do well, she would put a high reserve on them and she went two to  three months without selling a bear and each week having to pay the 20 dollars ebay listing fee, then she didn't win a Toby and she got so down she decided she was going to quit making bears.  After a lot of artists convienced her to keep at it, she is back selling well on ebay. This is a little different then my story, but we both got to the same place, we realized that we are so lucky to be able to make some money for something we love doing.  I am not going to say the nomination doesn't mean anything, it does, but I also know it means for some reason my entry connected to some of the judges , I know it doesn't mean my work is better then some who didn't get picked, I know if another group of judges were there, the results would be completely different. (Hey I am not fooling myself, I am no Karin Delorenzo, in my opinion she is the goddess of fur, man I love her work)
Hugs
Jodi

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Jodi,
Welcome to TT.  :hug: Could we see your nominated piece too? Pretty please?? :pray:
A huge congrats to you too!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So, as I'm FINALLY getting around to reading this thread, is the lounge ready yet?

SCOTT... I'm drooling here.... WHO IS THAT HANDSOME HUNK??!?!?! Nothin' little about him! Mmmmm-mmmm!

Sonya... Your entries are wonderful! Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Jodi... Your story touched me a bit differently than it may have others. I've never entered a big contest like Golden Teddy or TOBY. I don't have any intentions of it. Sometimes I wonder if that means I don't intend to make the best bears I can or go for industry recognition many don't ever receive? Should I think less of myself for not rising to the challenge? Your story reminded me of what's most important about my making bears... I'm doing what I love and they bring warmth and smiles to others. There is a personal reward and satisfaction I get from making so many I'm proud of (oh, there are plenty of ugly ones in there to keep me humble!). The smiles on peoples faces when they see my bears may not pay the bills but I don't HAVE to put food on the table (I thank God every day for my hubby and his job!) so those smiles are my greatest reward. No industry award can give me that! So, thank you for making me feel OK with not ever entering a big contest! I admire those of you who have the guts and confidence to do so! Just making a bear worthy of entering deserves a round of applause as we are our own worst critics!!!

Anyway, thank you, everyone for sharing your stories and feelings!

Scott... I'm still waiting!!!!

firstdate1.jpgHere is my entry it is titled "First Date"

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh my goodness, Jodi . . . that little scene is to die for!  Those mice are perfectly magnificent - GT nomination well deserved!!  How tall are those cuties?

Thanks Sue Ann , First let me say I have loved your bears so much, your Bailey was one of my all time favorites,  Holly the Holiday Bear  was a bear that I saw in an old Bear magazine that I bought off of ebay and and fell in love with her , I guess I never realized you were the artist that made her, I am now star struck and if I was talking to you in person I would be talking really fast and saying some nonsense that makes no sense, because that's what I did when I met Michelle Lamb.  I always think I am going to come off sauve and cool but I never do.  I honestly can't believe I am talking to you,  and you like my mice, they are just barely 3 inch tall.  Well I better go, I am late in getting an auction up, I just finished a new little mouse.  Good Luck with the Golden Teddy, I bet your entry is just wonderful.
Hugs
Jodi

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh, Jodi!!!  :hug:  I'm sure Michelle didn't think you were talking nonsense - she is one great lady!  Let you in on a secret . . . sssshhhh - don't tell anybody.  I talk MUCH better on the computer than I do in person - because I am really timid and have mega senior moments and don't have time to think about what I'm saying when I'm talking face to face with somebody.  Sooooo - there you have it and I adore your mice!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Jodi... the mice are flat out spectacularly wonderful... and the whole concept of the pencil holding opne the trap so that handsome little man can traet his date is just riotously cute!!!!!  Wonderful work Jodi!!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub

Sue Ann...  I am enormously timid when I need to speak to people.  I actually have to get up the nerve to phone in a pizza order.... I am just so horribly self conscious!  One on one in a casual setting when I feel like I have time to talk... then I'm pretty much okay.  But, if I have to say something important, and I feel like I am under pressure.... I am just hopeless!  I do love that about computers... I can be as shy as I want and no one really "knows" it!

Beary truly ours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals
http://www.picturetrail.com/bastadolls

Polo, IL

Gee I don't know the time that Sue Ann was at Schaumburg all she did was talk to people from what I saw. I wouldn't think she is timid. She isn't a loud mouth, in-your-face, at the top of her lungs kinda gal. But timid? nah! I thought you were very friendly Sue Ann. BTW are you coming to Scahumburg in April?  I never did tell you how much mum loves her rooster? Well she does. And little MaeLynn would haul him all around the house if we let her play with him. He sit next to the TV in the sewing room guarding our DVDs and Videos. Right now he has a cluster of stone quarry critter kittens and abear at his feet. MaeLynn artfully arranged them. Such a little girl she is. bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Well, thank you so much, Jared . . . you've made my day!  I'm really glad Jane likes her rooster - I love making those characters!  Sweet little MaeLynn . . . I'm sure she must have thought the rooster needed some playmates!  Won't be at Schaumburg in April, but I'm shooting for October.  See you then??

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello  Jodi ! your " First Date " is outstanding !!!!  :clap:   bravo bravo ♪ :clap:
thanks for posting here and If I didn't say welcome to you yet, I'm sorry !
Your bears and mice are absolutory fantastic!! bear_wub  I remember your new year bear(from 2005)was fabulous work and also the " blossom" was beautiful bear!  bear_flower I really love them !  bear_smile  I'm so glad you joined to TT.    :hug: 

Hi Chrissie,  let's meet at the Lounge ! !  :hug: bear collector are very important for us so we need you at there !  bear_flower

Sonya, thanks for posting your bears ! Oh boy, they are so gorgeous !
I love the bear from 2nd photo, his costume is perfect !!  bear_wub 

Shelli, thanks for posting the contest info from Laura.  bear_smile
I really love to join the Artist Lounge with everyone.  bear_flower Thanks for writing the
image of the lounge, it's in my head now, very clearly. :bday:   I don't drink much but
I will eat chocolate and chocolate. he he he

Judi, I agree to your contest idea !!!  bear_thumb

Mindy, Thanks for the schedule !  bear_smile

Bear Hugs/Marie

Polo, IL

Sue Ann -
We are always at Schaumburg. We will see you in October.

Thanks everyone on the kinds words about First date, I must say I am completely blown away at the kindness and talent that is on this wesite, as I said I am so proud to be a small part of a great group of creative people.

Board footer