Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

I am soooo happy!
I am Qualified! That means I AM ALLOWED TO APPLY FOR LECTURER POSITIONS (TEACHER/RESEARCHER IN UNIVERSITIES) FOR 4 YEARS!!!  bear_original  :dance:  :dance:
In other words, I have four years to find a lecturer position (if I want too).

Well, of course, I am not sure there will be available Lecturer positions in my scientific area for the coming University year. But this year, I won't be reading interesting profiles without being able to apply for them!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Congratulations Sophie!!!!  :hug:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

That's marvellous, Sophie ! Congratulations ! :clap:  :clap:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Congrats!!
I'll know you will find something. If you want something bad enough.........

Very cool, I didn't know you were soo smart that way!! bear_wub

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Congrats to you!  bear_original

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Sophie....that so great ....way to go!!!!!!  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

bear_thumb

Big Hug
Kassity

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Congratulations Sophie  :clap:

Hugs
Vicki

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh honey!  I am so happy for you!  This is fantastic news!  There wasn't any doubt, though, never-the-less congratulations!!!I can un cross my toes and eyes now!   bear_grin  bear_grin

Now begins the job search.......tedious and grim, but hang in there!  We are rooting for you!

:hug:

dilu

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is such great news Sophie!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Tres magnifique!  bear_original  Congratulations to you on what is a wonderful achievement.  You must be just beside yourself, and it sounds like it opens so many new doors.

I'm really happy for you.   bear_flower

Deb Upstate New York

Sophie, that's GREAT!  I recall a post quite some time ago where there was trouble for some finding work.  Was one of them you?  Well, it's great that you're "qualified".  Does that mean you had to pass a final exam or something?

Shelli wrote:

Tres magnifique!

Anything you don't know?  Don't tell me what it means ... I'll look it up myself.  bear_grin   bear_tongue

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Yeeaahh.  I knew you'd get thru. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

You are so smart Sophie, I'm sure you'll get one of those scientific lecture reseacher jobs you wanted.....I'm so bad at science I'm not even going to try to write what you do bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

What a wonderful opportunity, Sophie - congratulations.  You must have worked VERY hard to be so qualified - brains and bears! LOL

Hugs,

Brenda

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Sophie!!!! A huge congrats on your wonderful news!!! Go celebrate!

Many Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Deb, that's all I know in French.  I think it means something literally like, "Very magnificent!" 

I can also say/read "poivre vert" (green pepper), "cafe au lait" (duh), "Ne pas ouvrir la porte d'arret du train" (don't ask!), and "voulez vous cou... "... Well, I probably shouldn't write that old song lyric here.  We all know what THAT means!

I spent a year living in Zurich, Switzerland in the early 90's and travelled a bit in Europe while there, so one just... picks up things...

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

That's great news Sophie. May this be the first of many good bits coming your way.
LOL
Ann

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Big congratulations Sophie!
Best of luck with finding the job that you will enjoy.

bear_thumb

Densteds Densteds
Website

Congratulations Sophie...and well deserved, all that hard work has really paid off, good on ya!!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

big hugs,
Denise

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Congratulations Sophie!!  That's wonderful news!  It's been a week full of great news and great spirit!   :dance:

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is super fantastic news, Sophie!!  Well done for you and I hope you find the job of your dreams now!  Way to go!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

:dance: That's wonderful news Sophie! Big, BIG, congratulations!!! :hug:  :hug:

:dance: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congrats Sophie. Well done.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I love you all!
Thank so much for your support!
Lecturer is not excatly my dream job, as I would prefer just being a Researcher. But in my research area (plant pathology/environmental microbiology/plant-microbe interactions) there are so few opportunities that it is definitelly better to be able to apply for both kinds of jobs. What is ennoying about Lecturer position is that you cannot work full time at your research and you cannot work full time in preparing your classes: so a bit frustrating.
If I had to teach, I would prefer subjects related to the research areas I wrote in the previous paragraph, as well as molecular biology, plant physiology and plant anatomy. So there are lots of posibilities.
What is sure is that the choice of candidates for such positions mostly depends on the research subject.
Of course if the research subject does interest me a lot, I will not hesitate to apply.

Out of that though, there is a Researcher position I will apply for by the end of the month in French Guina. Exactly the knid of research subject I love. By chance, a fellow researcher will give me some advices about the best way to prepare my application, so this will avoid me doing big mistakes! I will know if I get an interview for this job only in March or April. I will let you know.

Of course, being Qualified is a big PLUS on my CV.

Oh, to give you more explanations about Qualification. To be qualified, we basicaly just have to prepare a scientific folder with CV, most important publications, PhD abstract, as well as a synthesis of researches and teaching experiences. We are given two referees who are representing us during the meeting when they have to decide who is going to be Qualified. We must have had our PhD viva before this meeting.

Thanks again,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.  bear_wub

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

way to go Sophie congratulation

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Fantastic Sophie, I hope you get to follow your dream.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Board footer