Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

LitWit Posts: 298

Since I can't seem to get the "image" button to work, I'll post the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl … true&rt=nc

He was listed as a "Stearns bear," but apparently they're called "Stearnsy bears" and seem to be pretty well known. I'm so excited! He's just the kind of bear that I've been trying to make (for myself)- antique style, nice and big, with paws not too curved, a long-ish snout, and a big hump back! And he's so friendly-looking. bear_original I hope he's as big and fat as he looks in the pictures. Will you guys help me name him?

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

He certainly is a handsome bear. Never knew there were "Stearns" bears.....my maiden name was Stearns, maybe I should look into it more...................

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

He is a big friendly-looking sort! Maybe a Miles... or Bobby!

Becky

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Stearnsy bears are made by Sally and Jim Stearns of Stotts City, MO. There are a couple of pages on them in Linda Mullins first book on bear artists (Tribute to Teddy Bear Artists). Says they started making bears in 1981 - no idea if they are still making bears or not????

LitWit Posts: 298

They have a website with a good number of bears for sale, and a custom-order page.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

I love the antique look bears, how about "WINSTON"??

Board footer