Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

There are so many incredibly talented new people (oldies too) and SOOOO many new posts, I just can't keep up anymore.  I literally could spend hours on here everyday and still miss something.

I've gotten where I rarely post (except on my own) in the Showcase or Bears For Sale section because I hate to miss someone.   I'm missing birthdays, special events, and just hey how are you's.   bear_cry   I need a TT secretary!!

It's incredibly exciting, inspiring and overwhelming all wrapped into one.  bear_wub   bear_wub

Shantell

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I just try to check in a few times a day and when I'm taking a break
from working on a doll or bear.
Try to wish everyone Happy Birthday and love the check the bears
for sale to see all the cuties.
I just have to be here, I would not be the same without Teddy Talk  bear_grin  bear_grin
I know what you mean though, you could hang out here for hours and hours LOL

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Urrg! I'm feeling it right now!

I love that there are soo many people here, soo many ideas to share. But at the same time, I log in, and there are 2 pages of blue squared to read! Oh my ! a030.gif

I would love to comment on everything, say hi to all the new members. It's tough. I hope no-one takes offence if someone doesn't reply or respond to a post. We're just such a chatty bunch eh?  a040.gif  a040.gif  a040.gif  a040.gif

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY
shantell wrote:

I've gotten where I rarely post (except on my own) in the Showcase or Bears For Sale section because I hate to miss someone.

Shantell, that is my problem, too!  I feel bad if I greet a few new members and then not the next few... or I post comments for half a dozen bears in the showcase and not the next half a dozen.  I just can't keep up with all of them without making it a full-time job, and I feel really bad for responding to some people and not others!  Hopefully it is a common enough problem that everyone understands, I would hate to think I might hurt someone.
bear_cry

Hugs,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I think these are growing pains, ladies, of the very best kind! ... and if it helps you feel any better, know that  I'm feeling them too. 

Just this weekend I decided some change and discipline were in order, so I've set a limit for myself (which, on day one, I am already exceeding), that I will be online/at the computer until 9:30, finished or otherwise.. and then off for the remainder of the workday, returning later at night if I can. 

Also, I've given myself permission NOT to read and/or respond to EVERY SINGLE POST.  It's just not doable anymore, as we grow and expand.

We're all such nurturers I think we feel afraid we'll hurt feelings or leave people with the impression they don't matter if we don't get to every post or respond to every question or comment.  We'll just have to NOT feel that way.

As a reminder... if you've posted something that needs attention and isn't getting it because it was overlooked, etc., just tag something new onto the thread and it will pop back to the top. 

Hugs to all... and bye til later!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Everybody has made such good points on this subject.  As a Help Advisor, I feel a responsibility to read everything and try to post a reply, if possible.  Not only do I feel obligated . . . I really want to know what's going on (nosey me!).  But, the truth is - and all of you are feeling it, I know - I can't get any bears made.  I've got shows coming up and I MUST get my inventory up.  So, I may be following Shelli's lead here and not be on so much (yeah, right!) in order to do that.  I have huge self discipline problems, so hope I will actually stick to it.  Please know that I am interested in all of you and your progress through the delightful bear-making process.  You have all become friends that I want to keep up with, so I WILL be here, but maybe not as much.   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I think everyone understands Shantell.  The help Advisors are discussing ways to have better time management too.  But try not to leave us completely.....we would miss you dearly!

dilu

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Shantell... I'm the same way!  i do hope that each and every member of this great big community feels special and loved... even when things slip through our hands for lack of time.....

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Shantell,  I have the same problem!!  bear_noexpression

I love TT and it is wonderful to see how it is growing. :clap:  It's great to see so many new people joining and adding their talent and wisdom to the mix. bear_thumb  But I just can't keep up with it all!! bear_cry  At least not if I want to get anything else done! bear_wacko
So I just do the best I can and hope everyone understands.

Hugs and chocolate kisses all around!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_grin The magic word!   bear_grin

I feel exactly the same way!  Totally overwhelmed by all the posts and I'm worse if I venture into the new members or bears for sale land.  I want to post, but then get worried I'll hurt someone's feelings by not posting about their bear, or to say hi  bear_cry   Not to mention those teds for sale are just too darned cute!  I have to really sit on my hands so as not to buy the lot  bear_thumb

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Shantell, I thought something is wrong with me..I can't keep up anymore either..  bear_cry
I feel like I'm missing out very interesting and important posts..

When I first found TT forum it looked like a private conversation or neighbor chat...but TT (thanks God!  :pray: ) is growing which is positivelly good of course  bear_wub But I can't looked through ALL topics!!  bear_wacko  bear_cry  I want to but can't..

Now my daughter is at kindergarden and I got a  full-time job. A new one. Totally different from what I've done before.  bear_shocked

I love you all and do hope to manage somehow posting, bearmaking, working and mothering!  abd wifing! bear_grin  bear_shocked

Julia :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I just love how we get chocolate in there, any excuse !!!   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

dilu

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
Dilu wrote:

I just love how we get chocolate in there, any excuse !!!   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

dilu

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

It is hard to keep up.  I went out of town for a couple of weeks  a week or two ago, and I was so behind.  I can't go out of town anymore!   bear_grin   I read through a lot of the posts that I missed, but I know I missed some stuff and realize that's ok.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Shantell & all !!  bear_flower

I feel same way too.  bear_cry
I had bad flu and was away from PC for 2days .... when I came back here today,  new post was more than 2 pages! :wacko:
I really glad that TT glows this big .  bear_grin  but in same time, I'm sad that I can't keep up with all posts...  bear_sad 
well... since I'm  nosey person,
I will try to my best to read your
post ! bear_laugh 

I just want to say how I'm
thanks full for our HELP ADVISERS
Dilu, Judi, Shelli, Sue-Ann (+more) for helping us ,  encourage us and inspire us of your great work.

If I need a help from Help Adviser or
anyone, I will speak out(in PC) and
let you all know.  :doh:

Bear Hugs/Marie

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

OH, Marie  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub
Sorry about your flu..Hope you feel better now  :hug:  bear_flower

By the way, your new avatar bear is so cute!! Love him!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Thanks my friend Julia !  :hug: 
I'm feeling better now. bear_laugh 

Bear Hugs/Marie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I am glad I am not the only one who is feeling overwhelmed... I have also limited the time I am on TT and on the web .... I spend most of my time here though.... I feel bad that I cant comment on every post or new creation or even welcome everyone.... I feel guilty even!! I don't want anyone to get upset and say "she didnt comment on my new bear"... Gals, I am still floating around, but I need to spend more time making bears LOL... I have to commissions to do and three swaps... I am slightly busy LOL... slightly.. HA  So many new creations, so many new members, so many things I want to reply to.... so little time LOL :dance:  :dance:   

Julia, I think Marie's new avatar bear is adorable too.... as a matter of fact, that adorable little gal is MY bear now LOL...That is Bebe, my swap bear from Marie bear_original  Isnt she a doll!!!

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I'm ALL GREEN, Kim!!!  bear_cool

You are so lucky!  :hug:  bear_laugh

But I bet you remember MY beauty Pearl that I got from the swap with Marie..  bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue  She is gorgeous too!  :dance:  :dance:

Hugs, Julia

Marie, you are very telanted so good luck with your bear show!  :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Ditto, I understand too. I love this group, but simply cannot keep up anymore.  Sorry if I go missing for a while.  bear_happy

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Ditto!  It is hard to keep up and at the same time you do not want to miss anything.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I am soo swamped I'm lucky To post at all!  Things will slow down in may. :dance:

Board footer