Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I know it's an odd question but I just got an email from the Props Master at a Canadian cinema who is in the process of developing a film and they need two bunnies made according to illustrations they have. They wanted to know if I'd consider it and they need them in two weeks! HA! HA! HA!

Anyway, I'm positive I'm not the only one who has received this email, not that the other artists are necessarily on TT but you never know...... have any of you gotten this or similar emails?

I did check out the cinema and the movie and all is legitmate. I'm not sure if I should be excited and giddy that they've contacted ME or laugh that they think someone is going to design & make these bunnies to the specs and get them to them in two weeks. Or is it all just make believe!?

Well, I emailed them back for more info so we'll see what comes next..............

Dazed & Confused...............

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Well, I'll tell you... I'd be ecstatic!!  Awesome, Daphne!  That is wonderful!

Kimberly W.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Daphne, I can't recall who said it, and where, but someone was asked to provide props for a book shooting.  The details were that they were supposed to submit the work without any kind of guarantee of payment or return so ultimately I think the person decided not to do it... but I might be remembering wrong.  Anybody here remember when/where this came up?

It's flattering, fraudulent or otherwise.  It means someone thinks your work has merit and is they're willing to do what it takes to get it!

bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

so so so so so so excited for you sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  what a huge opportunity!!!!  I wonder if anyone else has any experience in this area.  Like I told you I know of the girl who made Lucy's dog in Narnia and she had a similar experience.
yayayayayay  :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  What a huge compliment!!  Let us know what happens!
squeezy hug
sarah

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I say go for it....even if you don't get paid big bucks how cool would it be to see something you made up on the big screen!!!!

I only know of the woman here in NZ that Sarah referred to - man what I would've given to have one of MY creations in Narnia!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Waaaaaay cool, Daphne!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Time will tell Daphne  bear_thumb
Lynette

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Fantastic Daphne, what a great opportunity! You must be very excited, which will help to get the adrenaline pumping so the deadline should be a snip!!!

Just before Christmas I was asked to make a mohair dog 'for a photo shoot'. I've been given no hints or links to anything remotely business-like, but your message has me wondering --- if someone does use your creation for publicity purposes, do they have to ask permission even though they are buying the item fair and square??? I mean, are they legally allowed to do whatever they like with it? Just wondering!

Congrats again Daphne, you deserve it!  bear_thumb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

How cool is that?!   :hug:  I think its a truly neat opportunity for you Daphne, even if the logistics are a bit unrealistic.  I'm sure you can design them to spec, and create them in the time needed, though...if you really put your all into it...and if you want to do it.   

I don't remember the doggie that Lucy had in Narnia....so I must see it again!  bear_grin  I'll bet it was a rush for the artist to see their creation on the big screen.  bear_thumb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  How truly NEAT, Daphne . . . this sounds like a whole new world.

I hope it's all legitimate and profitable and leads to fantastic new commissions!

Lions and tigers and bears . . . oh, my!

Eileen

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh, I would certainly look into it Daphne!!!! I know several doll makers who have had their work appear in movies.... I think that is simply the coolest thing, and what a unique and wonderful thing to have in your Bio write up! 
I just watched Flight Plan on DVD last night and the little girl in that movie carries around a bear... of course, "WHO made that bear?"  was the first thing that popped into my mind! 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I would certainly look into it further Daphne.  That's very flattering to be asked, for sure :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   Just make sure someone is not out to take what is yours...read the fine print.  Best of luck

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

:dance: Daphne Bunnies are going to be movie stars, how cool :dance:
Laurie

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hey....wait a second!!!

I thought you weren't suppose to be doing any sewing?  How's that hand anyway?

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Way cool Daphne!! Just make sure when all is done that you own the rights to your creations. Otherwise once sold they get to exploit them for all they are worth and more.

The guy who made the 'banans in pajamas' lost out on Millions of dollars because he didnt register his creations. The ABC didnt have to give him a cent and they didnt. The Franchise rights on those costumes are worth big, big bucks. bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Kim Basta: And I bet you'll never know WHO made that bear because the artist doesn't get in the movie credits!!!  bear_angry

Judi & Matilda: I'll definately be reading the fine print. But then, it's just a couple of bunnies.... what could they possibly do with them???  bear_innocent

Shantell: It's taken 6 months for the finger to recover from surgery. I think I have as much use back in it as I'm going to get. I've got more fingers that need surgery but until I can't possibly hold a needle any more I'm going to keep on keepin' on!!! I do sew for shorter periods, take an anti inflam. and ice and stretch a lot. I'm trying to be as good as I can be.

You guys are a great support group and cheerleading squad!!!  :dance:  Thank yoo all!

Hugs :hug:
Daphne

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hey Daphne, now that IS very exciting.  Woohoo. I can't wait to see your bunnies in a movie.  I hope it is legit and you get rich and famous.  Interesting the opportunites that present themselves sometimes. Life is never dull !  Congratulations !  :dance:

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

That's so cool Daphne!  Keep us updated.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is fantastic Daphne!.... Looking forward to seeing your bunnies on the big screen.
Best of luck.

:dance:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I'm not sure if I should be excited and giddy that they've contacted ME or laugh that they think someone is going to design & make these bunnies to the specs and get them to them in two weeks.

I'm not sure either, Daphne, but you gave me a little giggle.

dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, this guy is really for real!!!!
He has emailed me again today, saying that art work will be emailed before the end of the day.
I told him I'd look, see if it was within my artistic capabilities and get back to him with a quote.
He's continuing to email me so he must be ok with PAYING for these bunnies. Oh my goodness!
I've checked him out online... he does mostly small cinema work and TV movies...
This particular movie is a sci-fi.... so not my thing... will these bunnies have to look evil? Possessed? Yikes!!!

Stay tuned......

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I just got the pictures....... VERY CUTE bunnies!!!!!
Must go think.......
Please pray for me that I make the right decision and don't end up kicking myself either way!!!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Waaaayyy cool Daphne!!  :clap:
I love it when nice things happen to nice people.

Please pray for me that I make the right decision and don't end up kicking myself either way!!!

You will make the right decision and we will support you all the way!! :hug:

hugs,

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Fantastic Daphne.....good luck!   2 Weeks?.......we will send you lots of moral support if you decide to do it! 

dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Daph, you'll be great.  Come here for breaks and morale boosting, okay?  I'm glad it's turning out to be legitimate; could be something really wonderful!

You go, girl!

Board footer