Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
Daphne wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Kim Basta: And I bet you'll never know WHO made that bear because the artist doesn't get in the movie credits!!!  bear_angry

Hugs :hug:
Daphne

Oh Daphne... I bet that they do get a credit at the end....  If the people who do the catering get one, and the coffee folks.... and the company that providedthe cell phones... I bet the creator of the bears & bunnies and what nots get their 15 minutes of fame too!  Seriously!  I just don't have the eyesight to stay tuned for credits, unless I am in a theater.  Oh... this is so cool!!!!! I really hope that this works out!!!!!  All those film guys know one another, and you'd be surprised how many times the child actors are carrying around a bunny or bear... or they have a whole pile of them on their beds... I bet that he'll refer you to his film friends!!!!!!!

Beary truly ours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:dance:  :dance: Way COOL!!!!!! :dance:  :dance:   I'm really excited for you Daphne!!!!  :hug:   Just be sure to come on here for some stress release when you need it  bear_thumb ....and I'm glad the buns are going to be cute  :love:, not  :twisted: evil!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

This is so exciting, Daphne!   I'm so happy for you!  :clap:  :dance: 

I'm sure you'll make the right decision.  Be sure to let us know when you do!

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

You go girl- huge congrats Daphne and hope it turns out well for you
Hugs
Gail

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I'm sure there is some kind of a guild for the props makers people.....do some research....you aughta get screen credit!

The "Best Boy' gets screen credit for crying out loud!

She who makes the cute bunnies should too!

dilu

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Can't wait to hear the outcome Daphne...maybe we can all send you our collective bear making vibes through the next 2 weeks  bear_tongue
Hugs Sarah

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Daphne,

Sorry I just saw your post today!  :redface: 
I'm sooooooooooooooo happy for you !!!  :hug:  what a great news !!!!  :clap:
I'm just keep crossing my fingers & toes !!  :pray:   bear_smile

Bear Hugs/Marie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow, what an afternoon it was......

He sent the illustrations... I gave him a price but told him I needed 3 weeks, not two. He offered to pay double (I obviously didn't quote high enough to begin with!) if I'd do it in two. So, I'm making the bunnies!! Hey, money talks!!! And the folks who's orders I promised in the next couple of weeks have been very understanding.

I asked how he heard about me, he said he followed a link from dear-bears.com and liked my work. So I've sent them a great big thank you! Just an example of how it can pay off one day to get yourself linked from every bear website possible!

The sketches very much resemble the bunnies I make and I'm thinking I might be able to work with one of my patterns making minor adjustments. That would take a bit of pressure off. But I have to share with you the coolest part of all this. I asked what the movie is really about and what role these bunnies would play. Here is what he said:

Mimzy is the story of two children, a boy of ten and his five year old sister who find a box of toys from the future. When they play with the toys, they begin to change and develop some remarkable talents, both terrifying and wonderful. One of the toys is a doll, who the little girl learns telepathically, is named Mimzy.
The story follows the deciphering of the mystery of why these toys are here, and what the children are ultimately supposed to do with them while also bringing their family closer together.
Mimzy is a family film in the tradition of E.T. Its message is about optimism and innocence.

And about the bunnies:
The purpose of having these two bunnies made is to give our director 2 three dimensional choices to pick from. The bunnies will be shown to a test group of children to gauge their preference to the designs. Once we select a design, we will need to create several of the bunnies and some of them will require animatronics. These bunnies will be manufactured by a specialty prop shop. We will also come back to you to make identical duplicates of the "hero" bunny and then send them to the prop shop to retrofit animatronics into them.

My bunny is going to come alive!!!! Now, because one of their artists already designed the bunny the bunnies I make come under their copyright. I'm really OK with that. I'm not the kind of person to get all hot and bothered over that sort of thing. Even if they did start making little bunnies to sell at Wal Mart the original design is not mine so I have no rights. And I'd just be glad I wasn't having to make all of those bunnies myself!!

He's called me tonight and we had a lovely conversation...very nice, down to earth guy. Wanted to know if I'd be willing to work with the prop makers, give feed back on their work, etc. and that I'll be compensated for my time in doing so.

So, I'm off shortly to put an order together for supplies I need and dust off my bunny pattern!

I'm really sorry to be blowing my horn here. I usually don't like it when others go on and on and on and on and.... well, you know what I mean. But here I am doing it!!! As most of you know I've been dealing with depression the last 5-6 months and my productivity has dropped off considerably. You have no idea what this opportunity has done for me today! For the first time I was skipping around the house, singing to the dogs and actually giggling while preparing dinner!!! I'm truly giddy now!!! When he called me I couldn't get the words out and was just so excited... so unprofessional!! I think he could tell I still needed time to absorb everything as he said he'd call tomorrow to discuss some details.

Now I have to thank you most of all.... for reading this all the way through if you've made it this far and for supporting and encouraging me!!!

Daphne

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Daphne,
    I'm just catching up on Teddy-talk and saw your thread.  Wow, I am sooooo thrilled for you.  Isn't it super that something like this can help transport you to a new, fun place and give you a surge of creativity.   Good for you!  It's so hard to know if you should take this sort of thing seriously when it presents itself, so it's wonderful that it's all legitimate.  Being a Canadian, I'll be anxious to hear more about it, as it unfolds.  Oh, and Daphne - don't worry about blowing your own horn - you deserve to girl!!!!  It's not every day that you get this kind of opportunity and every single one of us would be just as excited if we had been picked.  Enjoy your experience and as you share it, we will all come along for the ride. (if you don't mind)! 

Big hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I am sooooooooo proud of you, Daphne!!!  This couldn't happen to a neater person . . . big congratulations!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Daphne!!!! What an awesome opportunity for you! I'm so glad that it all turned out legit and you've decided to do it. Wow, I don't even know what to say, I'm absolutely giddy right now thinking of your little bunnies being on the big screen! And I'll bet you get some more film offers in the future...after all the box office sales are gonna be higher than projected just because all your TT pals are gonna have to go see your bunny!  bear_grin

Big Congratulations, Daphne!  :clap:  :clap:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :dance: Keep blowing that horn, hun!! :dance:  :clap:   You definitely deserve this opportunity  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow, that's cool, Lisa!

I hadn't thought about getting more offers in the future.... thanks for adding more pressure to do good on this one, guys!!  bear_grin   bear_laugh   bear_wacko

Sandi, you are so sweet! Thank you!
Brenda & Sue Ann, Thank you too!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Lisa.... NO WAY!!! In fact, when I wrote my earlier post, I was thinking of that very doll that appeared in The Patriot!!!!! That sweet little primative rag dolly... I know she got a credit for that!  I can't recall her name... silly me... but I remember hearing something about that very doll on one of my doll discussion groups years ago.... And you know her!  What a small world it is!

Daphne... you KNOW we're not trying to pressure you hon!!!!! Just gushing about how cool it is!!!!  Besides.... I know you are going to do a great job!!!!! You always do!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

FANTASTIC news Daphne - well done  :dance:

Catherine

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Wow Daphne, I just googled the film Mimzy and it looks like they're casting at the moment.....and the guy who wrote it also wrote Stuart Little, Deep Impact and Ghost among others!!! And the producer worked on Close Encounters! You're hitting the big time Daphne....well done to you....if we're all this excited, I can only imagine how excited you must be!!!

bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_thumb

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Daphne - I don't post much any more...

BUT I wanted to say WOW! Congrats girl!  :dance:

Anything you need.... supplies, suggestions or just an boost, let me know!!!   :hug:

Oliver must be so proud!!  bear_original

Yayyyyy Daphne!!!!! 

You just keep atooting away, honey, you have every right !  This is fantastic.....and AND they will probably want to mass produce them cuz the little kiddikins seeing the movies will want their own!!! woohoooo the Tickle Me Elmo of 2006!!!!!

Ok everyone line up to get your signed copy of Daphne's bunnikins!

honey, I couldn't be happier if it were me getting the honor!  I am so thrilled for you.  Take pics and share them after you are done and we will all be sending you BUNNYVIBES over the next three weeks!

huggs, congrats,  have fun!!!!

dilu

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Wow!! How exciting! and fun!!! bear_original  bear_original
Joan

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Congratulations Daphne  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: - I've not been in here properly for a while and have just seen your post.  You keep blowing your horn really loud - I know I would!  You sound so excited, it's absolutely fantastic.

Be sure to keep us all posted!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Helena wrote:

Wow Daphne, I just googled the film Mimzy and it looks like they're casting at the moment.....and the guy who wrote it also wrote Stuart Little, Deep Impact and Ghost among others!!! And the producer worked on Close Encounters! You're hitting the big time Daphne....well done to you....if we're all this excited, I can only imagine how excited you must be!!!

bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_tongue  bear_grin  :thumbsup:

You've done more homework than I have, Helena! Thank you!

Now I'm nervous!   bear_laugh   bear_laugh

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Daphne,

This sounds even more exciting!   :clap:   We definitely want to see pics of everything

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
Daphne wrote:

I'm really sorry to be blowing my horn here. I usually don't like it when others go on and on and on and on and.... well, you know what I mean. But here I am doing it!!! As most of you know I've been dealing with depression the last 5-6 months and my productivity has dropped off considerably. You have no idea what this opportunity has done for me today! For the first time I was skipping around the house, singing to the dogs and actually giggling while preparing dinner!!! I'm truly giddy now!!! When he called me I couldn't get the words out and was just so excited... so unprofessional!! I think he could tell I still needed time to absorb everything as he said he'd call tomorrow to discuss some details.

Now I have to thank you most of all.... for reading this all the way through if you've made it this far and for supporting and encouraging me!!!

Daphne

Hey hon, no way are you going overboard so don't you worry about that..Everyone is so so thrilled for you  :dance:   I know you've been struggling lately and this has been such a terrific lift for you, it seemed to come to you just when you needed it...I'm so happy you are so happy!!  Remeber how depressed I was and just a little magazine thing lifted me right up...This is HUGE!!! and I can imagine how bursting you must be!!  Take all the joy and happiness you can from it and talk away...we are all partying with you with the music turned high bear_happy...you're a special friend to us all and we love you bear_original  Just thought you needed to hear it bear_happy  Make sure you show us and tell us all...I can't wait to see them!!

Big hug
Sarah

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Just caught this thread now, Congrats Daphne, you will do well, thats fantastic....   

Don't forget to keep us in the loop, I love to hear good news, well deserved too.  :hug:

Board footer