Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

LOL Daphne, I didn't mean to make you nervous....sorry! But it's a good thing to have a little adrenaline flowing now and again, and I'm sure you will make excellent bunnies!!! Can't wait to see them!  bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_flower WOOHOO for Daphne!

If you don't keep us posted, we're going to be very disappointed, you realize. So pleeeese keep tooting. I can't wait to hear more!

Oh--don't forget to keep a detailed photo record for us--and for future commissions in the bigtime, of course!

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, it was Monday night I received the initial email from the prop master.
It's now Saturday and I've yet to get a final design made or 'practice' bunny sewn. In fact I don't even have the material yet! And the bunnies have to be sent out this coming Friday.

The hold up you ask? The director keeps changing his mind on size and the prop master on head shape, ear and eye size. I'm waiting to hear on the 'final' decision on size so I can start cutting and sewing. The material should arrive today. If they reduce the size from 16" to 12" I'm hoping the pile won't be too long or else the bun will NOT look like they want!

I'm also keeping track of all these extra hours of redesigning I keep doing..... wait 'til they get my final bill!!  :twisted:  This is a lot more than I bargained for.

It's one thing to make a prop that is going to sit on a shelf and look cute... sort of what I figured the bunnies would do. Because they're a main focus in the movie and are animated there are a lot more considerations to be made on everyone's part and thus more possibility for change.

I wish they'd finish casting.. I'd love to know who is going to be in the movie!!

Anyway, I'm living, eating and breathing bunnies....  bear_wacko

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Just think of it as one great big adventure!!!  :hug:   Afterall, its a HUGE change from what you usually do, so one big challenge...... And yes, you keep track of ALL those redesigning hours  :twisted:   I'm even thinking of tripling the price, as they're giving you far less time to design and get these buns sewn by their 'deadline'.  :twisted:

Board footer