Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

hawaii_guy Posts: 4

Aloha,

New guy from Hawaii seeking info on a bear that I found at my parent's house. It says Lou Rankin Friends along with Jasper Sr. Limited Edition Collectible Bear on the box. There's also a certificate of authenticity that numbers this bear as 4248/7500 produced by Dakin in 1999. I've attached a few photos to show a better description. Any help will be greatly appreciated, mahalo.

-hawaii_guy

ab23336c.jpg

22974f9c.jpg

6eda52ac.jpg

0d83b6d2.jpg

1c44972d.jpg

9047b6ea.jpg

2e575dd6.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

What sort of information are you looking for?

Becky

dangerbears wrote:

What sort of information are you looking for?

Becky

Aloha Becky,

I'm just looking for general information regarding the bear such as if it's something worth keeping, approx. value, the history behind it, things like that.

-Drew

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Here's a nice summary about Dakin bears with some info on limited editions: http://www.miniatures-and-collectibles. … bears.html

You might also watch ebay auctions of similar bears to get an idea of how sought after the bear might be. (He's definitely a cutie!)

Becky

Thanks for the link! It was definitely an interesting read! I'll be sure to watch eBay to see if something similar pops up. Thanks again!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Nice bear, and I think any bear is worth keeping especially new in the box, its a KEEPER!!!
thanx for sharing
Hugs Pat bear_flower

Thanks, Pat!

Board footer