Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

ATCValentine.jpgJust to show you how simple and fun these ACEO/ATC cards are, I'm posting a new one!  Scrapbooking papers, a photograph of one of my bears, scissors, glue and glitter.....and a chocolate wrapper too!  I made the Valentine candy box actually stand up from the base by using a strip of paper glued down just an 1/8" from the edge and then placed a scalloped edge heart on top.  Easy, easy, easy.  No need to cut up your magazines or books for words either.  I just used my computer by typing words in different font styles and sizes, printed them out and cut 'em up! 

Come on everyone, this is fun!!  Remember in Kindergarten when it was time for art?  There were crayons and paper and paste!  It's basically the same stuff!!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awesome Aleta! You creative little Woamn you! Beautiful card.

Many Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Superb!  I just bought too much scrapbooking paper yesterday and will be making some as soon as I finish the last of three bears currently on my table.  Can't wait!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Cute Aleta...

I just  bought a bunch of scrapbooking stuff the other day just for this purpose...like I really needed anymore but my stash was OLD.  HA   bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fantastic, Aleta . . . you are one clever lady!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Fantastic Aleta!  And I totaly aplaud the sentiment you stated!  I will try too!

hugs

dilu

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

That is a cute valentine card!
Great job.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Campbell-Trading-Card.jpgWell, I'm a bit embarrassed to post my first TTC . . . it's a lot too "straightforward" . . . like baseball trading cards or something.  I'll have to loosen up some and get a little more of the "out of the box" mindset.  The disc with the pawprint on it is silver, but shows darker in the photo.  Okay - I've got much work to do.

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Aleta ~ I love your ATC!  What fun!! This just makes me want to get out my paper and glue later this evening.

Sue Ann ~  Your ATC is beautiful!  I wouldn't be embarrassed.  I really like it.  I should be the one who is embarrassed because I haven't made anything.   bear_laugh

hugs,
Sheila

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wonderful cards, Aleta and Sue Ann ... You are both such talented Ladies.
I am working on my cards.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Aleta that is a really lovely ATC so creative!

Sue Ann I am right in line with Sheila...I too haven't made anything, whereas you have made a really good ATC.
I hold my head down and try and think when will I ever have time to make my first ATC...I'm only just dabbling my feet in needlefelting.

Hugs Jane  bear_thumb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Sue Ann, I think your card is lovely and exactly what we talked about here.  Bravo!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Love em, love em, love eem.... Winney

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

After seeing Sue Ann's lovely card I'm beginning to wonder......perhaps I'm thinking TOO far out of the box!!  Hmmmmm.  Maybe some sort of guidelines are in order.  Are these cards supposed to be more like a business trading card?  The more I look at the cards I've produced the more I think I'm too far out there.  I've never really been a straight line thinker.  I'm more of a zig zag!!   bear_original  bear_tongue  bear_grin

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  Thank you everyone for your kind words about my funky cards!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Aleta, I love that you are way out of the box just zig-zagging all over the place...that's what makes your cards, bears or whatever YOU.  Just as SueAnn's cards speaks HER. 

I don't think you should change anything...do what is true to you.

Shantell

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

And Aleta, you're clearly a scrapbooker at heart.  Your cards are just the cat's meow in terms of scrapbook style; very collage-y, very interesting, very NOT boring.  Don't self doubt; they're wonderful!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Colton-Trading-Card.jpgWell, this one is a little less restrained, but until I get all these photos I printed out done, I'll have the same "theme", I guess.  Going back to the drawing board now.  The metal tag is bronze tone and the pawprint really doesn't show up on it!!

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

I'm so confused. Where is Aleta's card posted?

Mindy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Nooooooo, Aleta . . . please go on designing your fun, creative, charming cards!  I had already done a couple of these before I saw yours and now I'm the one who needs to be less "straight line thinking" and more of a zig-zagger!  The only restrictions that I know of is that the cards need to be 2.5" x 3.5" and have pictures of our bears on them.  Is that correct?  Anything else goes - and I really need to get away from the baseball card look!!!   bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

MKinsey/TBF wrote:

I'm so confused. Where is Aleta's card posted?

Mindy

At the top of the page, Mindy.

Lancaster PA

I swear, I only see a picture of Aleta's bear: no candy wrapper, no glitter, no words...

It's a lovely picture, but doesn't seem complicated enough to match Aleta's description--hence my confusion.

Mindy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Hmmmmm . . . I don't know what could be wrong.  The text on the card reads "Forget Love . . . I'd Rather Fall In Chocolate" and has a really cute candy box cover on it + a lot of other cool stuff - along with a photo of her wonderful bear, of course.  Hope it will show up for you at some point!!  bear_ermm  bear_ermm

Lancaster PA

You and me, both. Not only do I want to see it--the description is darling and I love the sentiment--but I feel more than silly not being able to see it!

:redface:  Mindy

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

bear3.jpgbear2.jpgHere are a couple of cards, I have been playing around with .
I liked it Aleta, when you said " Remember in Kindergarten when it was time for Art!
It was such a lot of fun cutting out and glueing and making things - I do remember well!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Mindy, can you see Aleta's card here in this post?  (Just out of curiosity.)  Can you see the other images in the other posts, for example in Carolyn Green's post right above this one?  There is a setting in your user profile to display images or not... maybe yours is turned off?

Hope this helps!
Kelly

Repost of Aleta's image:
05c5c20c3b06852e805aad3ff1a75419.jpg

Board footer