Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gina - it's wonderful!  You're thinking outside the box, too!  Man - I gotta say I'm boring and too traditional!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Aleta and Sue Ann,

I think your cards look great!  bear_original

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

I have already made one too, but it needs better pictures...stupid printer.  bear_grin
I will try to post it later.
I did mention that I would be including a ATC with each sold friend on ebay...in my current auction.  I wonder if anyone will know what I am talking about.

Aleta and Sue Ann...I LOVE your cards!  What fun and what talent.  Aleta...have you ever been to Willy Wonka's...I understand you can fall into chocolate there... bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

:hug:
Nanc........

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Nancy,  bear_flower
Thank you for that thought!  You made me smile.....BIG!!  You're a doll!  I look forward to seeing your ATC.   bear_original

Carolyn, Gina and Sue Ann,  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower 
FABULOUS cards!!!  Now we're starting to really get going on this!  Isn't it fun? :dance:

Shelli?  Girlfriend, where are your cards?  I know.  Like you don't already have a million things on your plate.  Shove the peas and carrots aside and glop on some paper and paste!!   bear_tongue

Warmest and biggest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Carolyn and Gina...I am so sorry, I whizzed thru this chat so fast I went right past yuor beautiful cards.  With this dial up, things load AFTER I have passed thru.  One day, maybe we will get DSL!!  I mean we do have a McDonalds already.

Anyway, I did not mean to overlook your beautiful cards...just another avenue for all the talent in this group to shine thru.

Nanc........

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Aleta !  Thanks for posting your lovey ATC
( Artist Trading Card) !!  bear_wub It's so cute !!!!!! I saw your valentine
card wich you sent for Clare and that was breath taking !!  :clap:  :clap:

Sue-Ann, Carolyn, Gina, thanks for posting your ATC !
It's so nice to see everyones fantastic ATC.  bear_smile 
You are all clever girls !!!  :clap:

Hi Nanc, I will wait for you ATC !! ( no pressure....  :doh: )  :hug:

I didn't even start reading the all post about ATC but
I would love to create one for me !  bear_smile

Hugs/Marie

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Oh my you guys - they are all so great.  Aleta...I do love the sentiment on your card and I think your olde worldie scrapbooking style complements your bears so beautifully.

Sue Ann - Your cards are NOT boring.  Take a look at a scrapbooking magazine, there are so many different styles - it's just like bears, no one style is right or wrong and I like your cards so just keep going.  The more you play the more it will feel natural. 

Carolyn, I love that vintage ephemera on your cards  and Gina your colours blend so beautifully with your bears.

I wanna play - I can see all my scrapbooking supplies as I sit and type this but I have to finish one more bear!

Keep the good work coming!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Wow, everyone's cards are just stunning. It does look like great fun; I do need to get on the ball! I really need to finish some bears though, so I can have some pics!  bear_grin

Portland, Oregon
Website

Sweet Melissa,  bear_flower
I have seven bears to finish!   bear_shocked   Yet, I still have paper ephemera and glitter tubes all over my desk and a couple of Valentine cards to make and pop in the mail.  There's not much time for TT today.   bear_sad

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Yum !...Winney

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

WOW ladies, your cards are all so gorgeous !!   Each is unique, yet very wonderful.  I love them all.  I am getting up the nerve to try one now. 

Mindy  I don't know why you can't see Aleta's either.  Maybe try refreshing your page ?

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Alerta & Sue Ann.   Maaarvelous!!

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

All of the cards are wonderful.  I am off to the craft store today.  They have a big section for scrap book stuff.
Joan

Portland, Oregon
Website

Bless you!  A thousand times!!!

Aleta

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I will make one too

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  This looks like much too much fun for someone as far off schedule as me! Did somebody say chocolate?  bear_wub

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

FIRST-THREE-ATC-cards-FEB06.jpgOkay, after noodging everyone ELSE to make ATC's, I figured I should finish up my bears, and get some made!  So I stayed up too late (it's 2 a.m.!) and did just that.

Here are my first three ATC tries.  Nothing digital about them; they're made with papers, glue, ribbon, glue dots, beads, photo corners, and photos of my bears.  I had a lot of this stuff on hand already from long-ago scrapbooking projects.

Now everyone else... join in!

Also, please remember to send me your ATC submissions directly if you'd like them to be included in the ATC class Nancy is putting together at NCTB.  I won't grab them from this forum even if you've posted them here; if you'd like them to be used you'll need to submit them proactively.  This is for your own protection (copyright issues, etc.)

Thanks!

I think I'm gonna dig around around and see if I have any half-decent pics of past bears. I really want to play with the cards this weekend.

To those that have already made cards, what did you print your bears pic on? I have some really nice heavyweight matte paper that prints pics very well, but I'm wondering if I should use a photo paper which I also have.

I don't know what is wrong with me! I sat there for the longest time admiring your cards, Shelli, but then I start typing something else and forget to tell you that they are absolutely gorgeous! Is there anything you can't do, lady?  bear_tongue

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Everyone's cards are simply lovely.  I can't seem to get anything accomplished this past week.  I bought stuff...I bought mohair...and there is lies...where are the elves when you need them.  Oh yeah, they are making cookies...

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Sandi,  bear_flower
You can use old (or new!) photographs of your bears or you can print them yourself onto regular paper or a heavier paper from your computer.  I'm experimenting with black and white photos printed from my computer onto regular paper that I can hand color.  Just let your imagination run!!  You can do it!  bear_original  bear_original

Aleta

Portland, Oregon
Website

Shelli,  bear_flower
Well it's about time! bear_grin Just like your bears, your cards are simply divine!  I couldn't even pick a favorite.  They all have wonderful detail.....like the beads for bubbles!   

Aleta

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

They are all Lovely!!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

002.jpgInspired by the beautiful cards in this thread, I decided to have a go....and produced my first ATC card this afternoon!!! It was a huge amount of fun, and I even had a dig around in my 5-yr-old daughter's supplies for glittery stuff - can't wait to make some more!

bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Pretty!  Are those photo corners?

Thanks to all for the nice compliments on my own pieces; they're very appreciated. bear_original

Board footer