Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

Well, some of you have noticed my absence from Teddy Talk and noticed there's been no Feb issue of Bearwitched.

I've been a little hurt with what's been happening lately.

There's been some gossip and nasty things being said in emails about Bearwitched.  When I started Bearwitched my vision was to give EVERY artist equal exposure.

Apparently some people have been quiet upset that their bears have appeared lower in page then other artists.

Hmm.  I hadn't thought of that one.  I figured if you got featured, that's equal exposure. I still feel this way.  When I got emails with bears, I just placed them on the pages and didn't give a second thought to WHERE I placed them.

So, if you were one of the artists who were hurt and upset that you didn't get "top" photos, I've very sorry.  It wasn't something that I knew I was doing, it just worked otu that way.

Bearwitched also took many hours - many many more than I had invisioned in the first place.

So, I hope you can all understand why I've decided not to go ahead with Bearwitched.  I'm very sorry to those of you who were very supportive and wonderful. 

IF anyone out there would be interested in taking Bearwitched over - please email me.  It could be a good opportunity for someone (although, i wouldn't suggest doing it for free like I had set out doing!)

Thanks for all your support. I hope that I will still be welcome with Teddy Talk, as I love this board greatly!

Danni

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Danni,
  I e Mailed you privately as soon as I got the notice that you were wrapping up Bearwitched.  I can only imagine the amount of work that it took to organize and run such an undertaking.... I am so sorry that it didn't turn out the way you had envisioned....

bear_cry

Beary truly yours,
Kim basta
Wild tHyme Originals

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Oh I am bummed!! I was looking foward to February and giving a bear for the giveaway... bear_sad

Sorry this happened Danni and that it upset you so much... Thank you for all of your efforts  :hug:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Danni, I am so sorry to hear you won't be continuing your wonderful little ezine....am I calling it right?  I really enjoyed it and looked forward to it's arrival and also was going to send a picture....and now it is all over?

But  even worse that you have received emails concerning the placement of pictures.  I CERTAINLY understand what you feel like and I hate that you are having to go thru this...it does hurt your feeling !!

It is my hopes that you will just continue on being your sweet self...and keep being here at TT for us to enjoy.

I really wish you would re-think the idea of giving up...

I don't know what all went on, but please don't leave TT too!!!
:hug:
Nancy

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Danni,   

I don't know anything about this Bearwitched. But I am sad to hear that your hard work was not appreciated. "gossip" to me is the dirties word ever. It is very hurtful and all who do it; are just that, dirt rubs off on all that it comes in contact with. In my opinion. 

I am also sorry to hear you are not going to continue because of some people actions. That is truly sad. I do understand how that kind of behavior can make you feel that way thro.   :hug:  :hug:

I will look at you site and learn about it and maybe I will be interested. ???
But, I think if you are able.... I would stay with it and not allow others to change what you started with such a kind heart.  bear_original  bear_wub

Big Hugs to you.  :hug:
Kassity

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

bear_sad Oh Danni What a dreadful thing.
Maybe should should not give up because of a few nasty people.  They spoil it for you and everyone else
Maybe you could also get a cocallaborator to help to relieve some of the pressure and help deal with the bad emails..... let me at them! I assure you a few polite strategicly chosen words and they will go further under cover.
A few lines somewhere along the line of First in Best dressed should be placed in there somewhere too.  If you want to keep going with support I will help you as I know ladies on another site were thrilled with it.
But I couldn't do it by myself.  i was in awe of you doing so.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Aw Danni, what a shame. :hug:  I hate to hear this. bear_cry I'm sorry you got hurt over this venture.  :hug:   
I really enjoyed Bearwitched, read every single bit of it and wished for more. I know you put whole lot of work into it and you were doing something good for the bear community. I was looking forward to the next issue.

Please don't leave TT! You add a lot to this board and we would miss you. Please stay!

hugs,

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Honey!  bear_cry  bear_cry   

I am so sorry.....you worked so hard, and you were so excited and happy, and everyone i know was happy for you and feeling supportive, and I know it is very very difficult to please everyone. 

Are you sure you want to call it quits?.....you've already done the work and I am sure more people were happy than not.  i feel so badly because you did work hard, and it was looking really good, and I know the work something like that can entail.

Danni, I am so sorry.  I hate that there are people who try to cut others down for doing what they themselves wont or can't do.  I hate it that you worked so hard and others came along and made your life miserable

But mostly I hate that a few people could destroy your enthusiasm and joy and excitement at this remarkable venture.

Maybe you could reconsider?  I know how hard it is, and you feel defeated and hopeless, but it is just so so sad that someone just didn't have enough love in them to be happy for you and hope for your success, and would rather see you hurt.

I am just so very very sorry.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bear_sad

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

I'm really sorry to hear about this, Danni, I know you've put a lot of time and effort into Bearwitched.  It is always disappointing to find out about such unprofessional behavior (gossiping and viciousness) in any professional venue.  And in the bear community, it always seems doubly shocking when the bears themselves are so... well.. innocent.  I can't blame you if you decide this venture isn't for you.  But in other ways, I hope you stick it out!  If someone had concerns about the way something was displayed on your site, I would have hoped they would have contacted you with a comment or suggestion (particularly since your site was new, and any new site makes refinements over time).   If you do decide to hang in there, can you use a rotating display to solve this problem, where each person is displayed in random order?

Hugs  :hug:
Kelly

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Danni, my heart goes out to you  bear_cry   :hug:  I'm so sorry that things like this happen to wonderful, caring, hard-working people who do nothing but give all they have to help and support others. You have all my hugs and my greatest respect!!  :hug:   :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_sad  bear_cry  bear_sad

I'm disappointed for you, Danni; I know your heart was in the right place and you had every hope of doing something really wonderful for bearmakers and the teddy bear industry as a larger whole.  It's so sad that just one bad apple can spoil the barrel... but it's also a truism.

I enjoyed what I saw of Bearwitched and certainly appreciated all your hard work and positive spirit that went into creating it.

As for being welcome here... frankly, selfishly, I'm glad we'll get your attention again!  I've missed your presence and input while you were otherwise occupied.  Does that make me an ogre???  Hope not.

Big hugs to you, my friend,

Matthea Ontario

I was offline for months and didn't even know about Bearwitched. I'm so sorry you're upset! Thank you so much for working to improve the bear industry.
Don't worry about those that said mean things about Bearwitched...to me it sounds like they were just Bear*itched  bear_laugh  sorry, couldn't help myself

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Danni,

We are all so sad that your Bearwitched ezine has come to an end.
Thanks so much for all your time and energy and love, that you put into this.
It was such an enjoyable read and I  was looking forward to the Feb. issue.
Many thanks again, we really did appreciate all your hard work that went into this.
We look forward to hearing from you on TT.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shoot, Danni . . . I'm really sorry about what happened with Bearwitched - I thought it was wonderful and looked forward to the next issue.  I'm always surprised (and quite frankly, disheartened) when bear makers choose to behave in a manner that is unbecoming to the bears they make.  Bears are all about friendship, compassion, warm fuzzies, comfort, etc. -- good feelings.  You must do what you have to do and we will certainly welcome you back to TT with wide open arms and big hugs . . . we've missed you!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Danni! I am so sorry for your bad experience. I think what you have done with Bewitched was wonderful and you should be very proud of yourself. Unfortunately know matter what we do in this world we can not please everyone. Thank you from Garnet and I for your generous gesture Hon! You should be so very proud of a wonderful accomplishment!

Many Hugs Louise and Garnet

p.s. I am like Shelli hopeful however that we will see more of you here! We missed you Darlin!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Gee Danni!! I've been wondering where you were, I was just about to email you because I thought you might be ill...

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been hurt by a few, thoughtless people, when you have indeed been very generous by giving up your time & money to try and give this great idea a go!
Please know that we all care very much about you....

Take care &

here's a big hug for you  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Denise.

ps congratulations on your ebay article & bears featured in BC, I was so proud of you when I saw it.. bear_thumb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I agree...how utterly awful that bearmakers of all people could be so rude  It is amazing what few tactful words can do to straighten things up and out, but it does and can drain your positive energy away  bear_cry

Regroup, and decide what's best for you dear Danni.  I do think it would be helpful to branch out and get some help if you decide to continue with Bearwitched.  Honestly, I loved the whole idea, and I'm rather sad its come to this, but that's an enormous project for one person to pull off. 

Sending you heartful  :hug:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Hey, Danni...I have an idea.

Since we all enjoyed the ezine so much....maybe we could all help publish it.  I don't know if that is possible...but I would be happy to write an article or whatever I could do.

Also, when you get some more zinger emails, we can all take the guff...not just you.

What do you think,
Nancy

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Danni,

I'm sorry people were mean.   :hug:   But I think what you did was great and it was a lot of fun for collectors to read (like me!).  I really appreciate all your hard work.  I support whatever decision you make.   :hug:

Like Shelli said, we missed you on Teddy Talk and I hope we get to see you more.   :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm so sorry for you.   It's so unfortunate that there are people that can't be happy and supportive to others and always find the negative.    It's never enough to be included but they want first place, first spot, most exposure, etc., etc.  My hat is off to you, Danni.  I think you did a marvelous job and put so much into something that I personally thought was wonderful.  I'm sorry to see you give it up but respect your choice. 

Big Hugs from me and the dumplings!!!   :hug:   :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Dearest Danni,
I sent you a private e-mail when I learned of your decision.  I can't say that I'm shocked that this has happenend.  There always seem to be one or two out there that just have to spoil the pie for everyone.  I'm only sorry that it has happened to such a giving spirit.  I have learned that giving spirits are usually the one's who are hurt the most.  The takers just keep on taking and are never satisfied.

Like I said in my e-mail to you, the silver lining is that perhaps we'll see more of your wonderful bears!! 

Warmest and biggest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Danni, I am so sorry you had this happen bear_cry  Please don't leave TT! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Oh Danni

I was wondering what happened too and thought you might be ill and I never quite imagined this.  Far out, I just don't get why people get so uppity about things....I was just happy that you put my bear there at all!!!   I just assumed it was a chronological order for photos and it's not exactly a hassle to look through pages of bears   bear_tongue   I thought the quality and design of the January issue was superb and unique in comparison to other sites.  I even discovered new artists and more ways to spend money!!

Of course we want you back on TT, as Shelli said, we have missed you and your bears...put all this behind you and come join us again!   :hug:

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Danni,

What a terrible thing these individuals did to ruin such a wonderful website/e-zine for everyone.  All your work and long hours were so appreciated by all of us and the site was wonderful.  I feel so bad that you have had to go through this.  You did such a good thing and you have such a good heart. 

Lots of hugs :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
:hug:

Jane

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Danni! I'm sending you a huge big hug from me to you.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

What a shame that the website/e-zine has not worked out.   bear_cry  You have done fantastic work it's a shame that it is all going to waste.  I know just how much work goes into building a website so I really feel for you.
Please start posting more often we really love having you here with us all and your presence would be greatly missed.  bear_wub

Hugs Jane  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Board footer