Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Danni...you can't be all things to all people...what's right for some is wrong for others...and I think you'd have to be a real tough cookie to do something like run an e-zine and not be upset by the negative feedback that is inevitable.

The thing is that no matter how good your intentions are there are always some folks that will think that they are being hard done by.

I thought you did a cracking job on Bearwitched!! :clap:

My opinion? For what it's worth I think it's a lot of hard , hard work for very little back and so much heart ache...it aint worth it when the people you do it for don't care or appreciate what you've done (not everyone...I mean the moaners!!)

I take my hat off to you for trying so hard when so many folks wouldn't, including me, even bother to start. Just put it down to experience and that you learned something about human nature and about the fact that when it comes to it you can't construct a level playing field giving everyone an equal chance..because if you do there's always someone who thinks they deserve to be in the limelight a bit more than so and so does.

Make lots more of your little bears and come back to Teddy Talk!!!

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi Danni

Like you I've not been around much lately and I only seem to be able to catch a quick 5 mins here and there on the net at the moment. I have just found this thread though and wanted to express my sorrow that you are discontinuing Bearwitched.  bear_sad

I can only echo what everyone else here has said. You did a tremendous amount of work with fabulous results and I too was really looking forward to the next issue. I can understand your reasons for giving it up - you really don't need all that added pressure and pettiness.

Great to see you back on TT and I guess that means you'll have more time to make those georgeous bears of yours. bear_original

HUGE hugs

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Dear Danni : I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with your wonderful e-zine ! bear_sad 
We miss you, here, on TT, darling, please, come more with your wonderful little bears ! :hug:  :hug:  :hug: It's less fun without you ! :hug:

Lots of bear hugs,  :hug:
amitiƩs,
Marion bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower  :hug:  Danni,

I sent you a private email, but I had to add that I'm very impressed with the support you're getting from TTers-not surprised, of course.

Whether you decide to stop Bearwitched altogether or go on with help, everybody here is with you.

If you do decide to go on, I'd gladly volunteer to handle the 'correspondence', heh, heh.  bear_whistle

Eileen

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Dear Danni,  as you know I'm really sorry that this has happened, it is so sad (and yet annoyingly not surprising) that people behave in this way.  But you have to look after yourself, do what makes you happy, keeps you as stress free as possible.  As I had previously offered I can write articles for you, but I know that this is a very small pebble in the ocean that it takes to run such a site.  You just do what feels right for you, and keep making your gorgeous bears and coming along to Teddy Talk and don't worry ...

Take it easy,
BIG HUGS
Catherine
x

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I am very sorry Danni.  bear_cry

You put such a lot of hard work into producing Bearwitched and did a fantastic job of it too.

Well, this is only my opinion but here goes....

Surely people can't be upset when it has'nt cost them anything to have their bears added to a site - i mean, if they had paid an arm and a leg for advertising i could maybe understand it.
I don't care if my bears are at the bottom of a page or at the top cos the collectors would surely take a look at all the bears rather than just the first 2 or 3, i know i do when i visit sites offering lots of bears.

It's such a shame that Bearwitched is going to end so soon after it began Danni but i can see how upset you are by what has happened so i don't blame you at all for not wanting to go on.

What a shame we can't all be grateful for what others do for us Danni - i am very grateful for all your hard work and for attempting to produce a new bear site that was free to all and inclusive of all bear artists.

Hope you are'nt too upset for too long Danni  bear_wub   :hug:

Penny x

Deb Upstate New York
Delartful Bears wrote:

There's been some gossip and nasty things being said in emails about Bearwitched.  When I started Bearwitched my vision was to give EVERY artist equal exposure.

Apparently some people have been quiet upset that their bears have appeared lower in page then other artists.

Good grief!
:hug:

Well ... maybe these folks will contact you directly about any issues instead of approaching your backside.  Hopefully it's a big misunderstanding (the eternal optimist speaking here).

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Danni:  I was unaware of your new online magazine site.  I just visited your webiste and you have done a tremendous job.  Thank you for supporting of all the Teddy Bear enthusiasts. So sorry to hear that you were met with negative comments.  I hope that all these comments make you feel better.  Let us know if you decide to continue as I would love to be on your mailing list.

teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

Push on Danni! Don't let a couple of unfriendly posts get you down! Look at all of the people who are supporting you and who have enjoyed your efforts. Maybe you need to clarify how people will be posted in your eZine a head of time to keep the negativity at bay.

But...... I can also see why you would throw in the towl. It takes allot of time to build those sites and since you are offering for someone else to take it over, well that sure is a heck of a nice thing to do.

Good luck either way.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Danni, I just don't know what to say.  My hear breaks for you as I know how much time and love you put into this ezine.  Oh my, people can be so selfish and ungrateful sometimes.  Who cares where you appear, really is anyone more important than another.  We are ALL just as special and important as the next human no matter what !!! I couldn't care if my picture was last if someone is giving me free advertising.  I really am so surprised , maybe just naive(sp?).  This has made me really upset.  Why is there always someone to bring you down when you are so giving.  Sorry if I offend anyone, but sheesh what is wrong with people.  bear_sad

I'm going to PM you later when I think this over some more.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ah, Danni, I am sorry to hear that things are not going as well as you would like them.  I am also sorry that I have been such a slug as to not get over and be a part of yor webmagazine.  I get so busy with all my goings on at home that my computer time is eaten up so fast.

If you keep Bearwitched going, I certainly will come and join up. :hug:

Best of luck. :hug:

midnight bears midnight-bears
England

Hi Danni

I just found out about bearwitched and I am so very sorry. I remember when you first told me about it. You were so excited about getting it up and running. Running a website of that scale takes such a lot of time and hard work, and it is such a shame that it did not work out as you had hoped. Keep your chin up girl .

Laura

(ps I will let you have Alex)

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Danni,

I just got your email too.   bear_cry    I'm so sorry that you have been upset, you're such a wonderful, giving and caring person, I can't believe people can treat you like that.    Bearwitched was such a generous contribution from you to us all, and now it's gone......  all your hard work  bear_sad   I'm so very sorry for you Danni, remember we're here for you, always....... :hug:   bear_wub

It will be lovely to have you post here again, we've really missed you  :hug:  :hug:

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

This is all such sad news Danni. Bearwitched is a lovely site and you did an amazing job creating it - it will be greatly missed. 

Hopefully you will have more time for us at TT though as we have all missed you.

Mel

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Danni, I just read your e-mail and I want to say how sorry I am that you have had so much trouble.  bear_cry  I thought the e-zine was great and I told lots of people that I was on a website in Australia! How could anyone complain? Keep your chin up; you did a GREAT job!  :hug:
Suzanne

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi Danni. Just try to be happy of what you decide. I was very happy to be registered on your beautifull webzine. take care and bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Danni,
                Sorry to hear about your troubles . Its most annoying when you have given it all you have and some people can knock you down as quick as youv'e set it up. But you know we are all here for you and you will come back to us a brighter and stronger person.  We miss your posts already.  I have not had a great January, and missed a lot of postings, but please tell us your fine and will come storming back.  Chin up and all that.

Cuddles and Hugs Rita xxxxxx

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

Hello Danni
I hadn't heard about your magazine but I do know what gossips are like. I think we've all run into a few over time. You obviously have a lot of supporters in this worthwhile cause. Maybe you should take the lovely offer to let someone else handle that bad emails and deal with what you enjoy. I've always hated to see a bully win, and basically that's what these people are. Anyway stick around and enjoy teddy talk. Keep your chin up. I hope the offenders are ashamed of themselves.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Danni my very best wishers for the future you are a very nice lady and i am very sorry you worked so hard .

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Danni, I mean it!!

If you decide to go on, I'll personally screen your mail.

Not that you'd guess from my posts  bear_tongue , but I know how to handle these things firmly but without offense.

Mothers of three daughters learn a few tricks . . .

Eileen

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Danni, just found this post, sorry to hear about the troubles you were given, just remember you had a go at it, and it was a wonderful effort too.   You should hold your head up high, at least you gave it a go, its a shame this has happened some people just don't get kindness.   

Glad to have you back with us too.  :hug:

Board footer