Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I know the groundhog has seen his shadow and winter is not suppose to leave us for another 6 weeks...but someone tell that to my flower bulbs.  I have bulbs popping up all over the place.  YEAH!!!

I have finally been able to venture outside without drowning and it's just wonderful to finally have some sunshine even if it is frigidly cold from the wind. 

I even washed my dirty car bear_original bear_original

I love Spring...

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Well, a couple weeks ago I would have agreed that spring really was on its way...but it snowed this morning! We barely got any snow this year and now that I am ready for spring it finally decides to show up! Oh, well, my daughter hasn't got to play in any snow this season so we better get out there today before it all melts.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yesterday was the first 24 hour period in 2 months with no rain!!!  and we had sun....real sun!!!!!

i stood in the 40 degree warm and let the sun beat down.....it was fabulous.

You know your an oregonian if you wear shorts and the temp is 40 degrees.....positively balmy!!!

love it can hardly wait  woooohoooo

hey how would you guys like to be cooped up with a passel of gollies who are beginning to act like that murdering doll Chucky?

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I think I'd have to pass on that one, Dilu!

Although I am stuck with these darn dogs today. Since it's cold and snowy, I can't kick em out when they drive me crazy.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I invite all of you cold and miserable people to my house for winter . . . it's been unusually mild.  Sunny today and on it's way to the upper 60s.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I've been really lucky this year. Usually, we get tonnes of snow and very cold temps for weeks at a time. -30c etc.
But nothing so far. We've been above zero for most of the year.

So... we can have tonnes of snow in march and April, so I'm not going to hold my breath that spring is there, but at least it's nice out.

Haven't even use my winter jacket yet this year!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Sure feels like spring here in colorado today, and I have noticed
buds on the all the trees.
Then we will have a heavy spring snow that weighs 100 pounds
and smash everything down again. LOL
Happens every year!
I miss the spring time in texas!

Deb Upstate New York

Haven't had any winter yet!  At least not here ... to speak of. 

SueAnn I'm pretty glad to hear it's 60 in your area.  Should be just a little warmer in San Antonio, right?  I'm counting the days until my trip.  Don't have to travel much and am glad, but must admit am looking forward to the warmer weather.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

40 degrees F is only about 4 degrees C.
Holy moly that sounds like  a few places I know that almost get snow in the middle of summer.  they have oficially 18 swimming days a year!!
I couldn't cope with the shorts

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Deb wrote:

Haven't had any winter yet!  At least not here ... to speak of. 

SueAnn I'm pretty glad to hear it's 60 in your area.  Should be just a little warmer in San Antonio, right?  I'm counting the days until my trip.  Don't have to travel much and am glad, but must admit am looking forward to the warmer weather.

Well, it's 71 right now here and yep, it's probably a few degrees warmer in SA.  Hope you have a lovely time!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Maybe I shouldn't say that my daffodils have all bloomed!
Sonya

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

It feels like spring today in Victoria, BC,  it is sunny and 11 deg. C or 52 deg. F.  Even though we get a lot of rain during the winter this year set a record.  It is glorious to see the sun -   bear_original but my house needs dusting  :(

Victoria Annual Flower Count

flowers counted in February 2005

flowers counted in 2004

flowers counted in 2003

flowers counted in 2002

flowers counted in 2001

Deb Upstate New York
SueAnn wrote:

Well, it's 71 right now here and yep, it's probably a few degrees warmer in SA.  Hope you have a lovely time!

I'm packin' ... I'm packin' ... I'm packin' ...  :dance:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Jo Ann,  don't the folks around you have other things to do than count flowers?  Like, maybe grow them? bear_grin

Erin
but how is the air quality with the fires?  Hold your breath and enjoy the warm. bear_tongue

Shantell you and i both know it isn't over....but boy it surely is nice.......

happy daffy's everyone

dilu

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

The sun is shining on the Oregon Coast, right now....(it could be foggy in 10 minutes though).  I found daffodils blooming in my yard yesterday.  I think I may take my snow tires off now.... please let it be spring. bear_original  bear_original

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

You're right, Dilu.  After living in the Pacific Northwest for 18 years I know the rain isn't over yet either. bear_sad   It really makes you appreciate when we do have lovely sunny days though. 

I have partly sunny skies here in the East Hills and the crocus are blooming in my garden.  My neighbor two acres over has daffodils blooming though.  It always makes me smile when I pass them on my way down to get a latte.   :)

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Densteds Densteds
Website

i stood in the 40 degree warm and let the sun beat down.....it was fabulous.

Diane...come on downunder if you want a bit extra heat...we're heading for 100 degrees today!!!

hugs,
Denise.

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

All this talk of Spring on the way for you guys reminds me that Winter is on the way here  bear_cry  bear_cry ...still I have to admit I do manage to make more bears in the winter months.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm close to Sue Ann's temperatures.  It's been in the 70s or 80s during the day and cooler at night.  And this is our winter.  I'm worried that if it gets warm faster, hurricanes will come sooner!  Hurricane season doesn't start til June, but with the weather now, who knows!   bear_shocked

If you want some sunshine and warm weather, come down to Florida!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

The Ground Hog may have predicted 6 more weeks of winter, but up here (and probably in Canada and New Hampshire) we EXPECT at least that much more plus a few weeks more! We finally got some nice snow on Monday. I don't think I will see the buds for another month or two..........Love the change of seasons........and shorts weather is about 0 degrees F for the teen agers in this area!  bear_shocked

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Phil sees his shadow 87% of the time according to the news.  Besides with all those lights and flashbulbs how can he help but see it?  Who came up with the idea of meteorology by rodent anyway?  *arches an eyebrow*  Phil or no Phil.......it's still darned cold in Colorado, but I start dreaming of spring the day after Christmas. bear_grin

Board footer