Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

pads.jpgLOL
I knew you would open this link.  bear_grin

But really though, I found these a few days ago at Hobby Lobby, I think they were $3.50, but they work really well.  The tips of my fingers get really sore
when I do a ton of sewing, these are cool, it is like putting another layer of skin where ya want it.
You get 64 per package and so far they have stayed on until I took them off.
They are great!
Just wanted to share!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thanks much, Tami . . . they look awesome!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kewl!

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Thanks Tami they look great.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Good job Tami-you know how to hook the fish, honey.....

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I used to use these a lot and was just thinking about them again as I have really bad "bearmaker's finger" at the moment - holes all the way around one finger and it's too sore to sew.

I used to use them when I did cross stitch and loved them but then I got a bad batch and they pulled the skin off my finger when I peeled them off- yowza..... and now I make mini bears the sharp little quilting needles I use still find their way through the tough plastic. 

I would like to try these ones - they are a metal  thingie like the end of a thimble with adhesive pads - it has the dimples like a regular thimble - there's another brand that is smooth metal, no dimples

http://yarntree.com/webcatlg/webcat89.htm

I just wish I could wear a regular thimble but I have pointy fingers and they fall off!

If anyone would like to try one or two of the plastic ones, I have some still that I could mail you - they really are pretty good and do save the finger a lot.

twinsgramma Posts: 7

Melissa, I use the smooth metal thingies for handpiecing (a quilt) after poking myself a really nice callus while sewing a 1, 140 piece scrap triangle quilt.  They work well - and come with several really sticky adhesive pads (yes, I too have lost a fingerprint or two) that can be used for several sessions of sewing before they need replacing.  It's better that a full thimble for my purposes and inexpensive to try.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Thanks I have not seen this in Australia, I must not have been looking for them hard enough.  Off shopping soon.

midnight bears midnight-bears
England

They look really handy and finger saving bear_grin  , so much better than a thimble. I will keep my eye out for them as i have never seen them b4

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Karen

Try one of your online cross stitching places - they seem to have caught on to them (I bought mine from an aussie cross stitch place way back in 1999 but I can't remember which one.

Board footer