Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Hi, I have purchased some beautiful lamb which I intend to use as a beard for a bear.  I hope I can explain what I am hoping to achieve.  I know you can cut the side muzzle of a pattern and use longer fur there but this is sort of more of a mustache.  I was hoping to have a long beard come out from under the chin and I am not sure how I can attach it.  The lamb still has the skin attached.  Any ideas? bear_shocked

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

you can redesign the side of the face by cutting the part that you want the beard or mustash to be. Add a seam allowance back to the parts cut. Now you have a pattern piece you can cut the lamb fur out of and attach it to the main side of the face. Be sure when you cut the hide/leather of the tibetian lamb for the mustash section, to line it with musline so that when you stuff the bear, the hide does not tear. Also I would hand stitch the lamb hide to you regular fur you are using for the rest of the bear because it is easier to control the sewing with the long tibetian fur. Use a leather needle to do this. you can find them in any fabric store.  I'm not sure I answered you question.  Perhaps one of our other Tedy bear friends could help.

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Thank you Michelle.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

You are vey welcome. I you are interested in working with real fur, Nancy Tillberg wrote a wonderful bear making book on the topic. You can find it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Teddy-Bears-Past- … y+Tillberg

Board footer