Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

LitWit Posts: 298

It seems like a pretty expensive pattern...but it does look like a fabulous bear. Does it use a lot of fabric? Is it a two-piece or four-piece body pattern? Are the legs and arms well proportioned, or do they seem long?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hmmmm - do you have a picture of this bear for us to see?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I think this is probably the pattern? It's a big bear (62 cm), so I'd guess at least 2/3 yards of fabric.

1346555223_bingbaerbuch_gr_copyfc_dacx9.jpg

Becky

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

There was an earlier post on making a Bing bear by Woo Bears (Toronto) who asked for advice on shaping the head of this bear. She probably knows exactly how much fabric is needed. This is the link to the topic  http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=34733

You might contact Woo Bears? It seems strange though there isn't any indication in the description on the quantity of fabric needed to make this bear. Even in German details like that look quite similar to those in English. Anyway, if it is the pattern for an appr. 60cm bear 2/3 yards of mohair should be enough. Good luck and have fun making this Bi(n)g Bear!

PS: Just crossed my mind, I guess you could ask the supplier of this pattern, Shamrock Rose!

PS2: There is a Dutch supplier (ProBear) who offers this pattern, at least the one shown in the picture from Becky, for EUR 4.= !!! (plus postage of course) which I think is considerably less expensive? It is, however, only shown in the Dutch page (not English / German) : http://www.probear.com/nl/shop/pd941919 … egoryId=39
If any questions just contact me by PM.

Oh, and this bear has a 4-piece body and his arms and legs are well-proportioned for a 1928 model bear; in those days bears had long arms and legs  bear_original

Yes, that's the one! Thanks so much for all of the information! I'll have to try to translate the Dutch page, to see if I can have the pattern shipped to the U.S. I love the shape of the head and muzzle on this one, and I've been saving some gorgeous curly synthetic fur until I found just the right antique-style bear pattern. Now I have to go and measure, and keep my fingers crossed that I have enough! bear_original

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam
LitWit wrote:

Yes, that's the one! Thanks so much for all of the information! I'll have to try to translate the Dutch page, to see if I can have the pattern shipped to the U.S. I love the shape of the head and muzzle on this one, and I've been saving some gorgeous curly synthetic fur until I found just the right antique-style bear pattern. Now I have to go and measure, and keep my fingers crossed that I have enough! :)

Hi, it could be that postage costs charged are rather high. Be sure to ask what exactly they charge before you place your order, for example by sending them an e-mail. I know they speak English so that should not be a problem.

If you need any help with translation from Dutch to English, just let me know.

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Yes, I made him!! I think he came out really well.  I got a half metre of fur and it was quite enough with a bit to spare.  From memory it is a four piece body and the arms and legs are well proportioned - but then again I am an amateur so  ;)

But he was fun to make.  If I can I will get a picture up to show him.

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

1346834639_ted.jpg

Hope this works

Thanks, BeauT. I used Google Translate to send my email, right after I looked at their website, or I definitely would have asked you for help!

Thanks so much for posting a picture, Fairybear!  bear_tongue He's gorgeous! I'm slowly inching my way closer to buying the pattern. Half a meter of fabric doesn't sound too bad.

Board footer