Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I would appreciate if someone could take a minute to try opeing my website.  I have been having trouble since Saturday.   Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  My webhost tells me nothing is wrong.  My hubby tried from work and he can't get on either today. 

Thanks in advance from a frustrated woman !!!!!!!!!!!!!    bear_angry

www.beckoningbears.com

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY
Tammy wrote:

I would appreciate if someone could take a minute to try opeing my website.  I have been having trouble since Saturday.   Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  My webhost tells me nothing is wrong.  My hubby tried from work and he can't get on either today. 

Thanks in advance from a frustrated woman !!!!!!!!!!!!!    bear_angry

www.beckoningbears.com

Hi Tammy,

I can get to your web site but it is not loading well, it's hanging on some of the images.  Unfortunately one of the problems with free web hosts is that they are generally not known for their exceptionally good service.  But I can get around your site just fine and see the bears, that's the most important.

Hope this helps!
Kelly

P.S. Should probably mention that I am on a very fast connection.  Someone with a slower connection might not get to see much on your site, if the images were too slow in loading.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Thanks Kelly.  It is odd, beause it was working fine for 3 weeks then boom ! I've used freewebs for 3 years with no problems until I got my new domain name  with them.  All of the images are 72dpi so they should load pretty fast.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Tammy, I've just had a look around too, and everything is loading great...not a problem.  :hug:

When I switched to my very own domain name with freewebs earlier I ran into the exact same problem!!  It was so incredibly frustrating, but I'd say after about two weeks things have settled down, and now loads reasonably well.  Sometimes when I'm working on my website, my pictures will not load correctly or there seems to be 'glitches'.  I figure that freewebs must be fairly popular, and lots of people are trying to access the same source, so I just try back later, or at odd hours, and things flow smoother.

I'd say for now, just try to be patient (hard, I know!) and keep trying!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

It seems to be working fine for me, too! 

Hugs,

Brenda

ScottBear scott's bears

Good to Go ..worked just fine for me ...nice site very fun bears ...gosh it is so had to trim fur and you are doing such a great job with faces ..its a real hard skill  :clap:
BearHug
Scott

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

This is a new domain. You will have to wait up to 72 hours for your domain name information to propogate throughout the internet. Some people will see it sooner and others later.

Quy bear_original

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Seems to be fine here........nice site.....

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Your site opened quickly and look fine.  But none of your other pages open up.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Tammy, when did you put your domain name on your web site?  Quy is mentioning the propagation time frame, which is generally less than 72 hours.  I was thinking by your earlier post that the domain name has been in effect for a month now, there should be no delays associated with your domain name after all that time.  I see you registered it in January, which also led to me thinking it had been in place for a longer time.  Just curious?

Kelly

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Thanks everyone.  I registered my domain  over a month ago so that shouldn't be the problem.  My old site (www.freewebs.com/bearsbytammy) just gets redirected automatically to my Beckoning Bears site.  Jo-Ann , if you entred under www.freewebs.com/bearsbytammy you will get the home page and should be able to open the other pages.  I get the same problem as you plus I  can't even get the home page using Beckoning Bears. 

My hubby tried to trace the route from home and it seems that it stops just before my site.  Almost like it is blocking my IP address from getting access.  I think this may take some more investigating.  I did notice that when I made changes to the site it really seems to prevent me from getting in for a long time.  Very odd.

Thanks everyone for trying to help.  I appreciate it greatly. 

Scott, thanks for the compliment.  You made my day !

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Tammy,

Your site appeared quickly for me also but when I went to try taking a look at your
Bears etc.  the web host site came up.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

NIce bears!!

Your site worked just fine for me. I went to every page and had a snoop around.

Good luck!

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Tammy I tried again and went to (www.freewebs.com/bearsbytammy).  The site loads quickly but nothing happens when I click on your other page links.

Hope you find the problem.

Board footer