Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

studio4.jpgstudio3.jpgstudio2.jpgstudio1.jpgThere's been so much talk about artists and their studios (or spaces)....cleaning, organizing, etc......that it got me wondering about the "studio" part of each artist.  I realize there has probably already been something posted about this awhile back, though I don't recall seeing anything posted since I joined.  There are so many new artists that have joined Teddy Talk since.  I just thought it might be fun to take a little "look see" into the places where our little bruins and friends are brought to life.

Since I can't very well start a thread and not show my own studio....though I'm probably going to regret it.....here goes.  No hate mail now!  I realize I'm very lucky to have the space I do and believe me, I'm thankful everyday.  I worked on our kitchen table for four years before moving here to Portland last year.  One of the most important elements in finding a home here was having a space to call my own.  I am truly blessed to be able to work in such a space surrounded with the beautiful things I love. 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

go away Aleta bear_tongue   bear_grin   bear_laugh

Blimey - no-one lives in a house like this - only the people in interior design magazines  bear_wub

You lucky lucky girl you  :hug:

It's absolutely beautiful  bear_innocent

can i come live with you?  :pray:

Penny - i wanna be adopted by Aleta  bear_tongue

clare14 Country Bears
England

Wow Aleta, that's just as beautiful as I imagined!!!   You will laugh your socks off at where Montgomery was created - but hey, it's home........   bear_laugh

Will post pics tomorrow, it's too dark to take them here at the moment!!   bear_original

Posey Grace sends  :hug:  :hug:

xxxx

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Aleta, I can just feel the creative juices flowing in that room!!!!

Could you come over and do something with my studio????

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

You are all more than welcome to come visit.  I have two guestrooms!  This house is just so very big for two people.  That's probably why I enjoy having company come to visit all the time.   bear_original

Clare,
I won't laugh!!  If you'd seen where I worked before we moved here you would understand why I won't laugh at the space where anyone works.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Well, I posted a small pic of my "messy" studio on another thread last week and I won't repeat myself.  I do have a nice large room, but hubby has taken to storing things in it that he doesn't want in his space.  It also hasn't had a really good sorting out in six months.  I will be doing it as I'm packing it up this week.  Maybe then I'll post a picture LOL!

Hugs,

Brenda

Deb Upstate New York
gotobedbears wrote:

can i come live with you?  :pray:

Get OUT of the way Penny <pushes, shoves, pulls Penny's ponytail> ... I am moving into that room.  Gheeesh!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Wonderful & beautiful!!!  bear_original

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Aleta!!! Do you need a SISTER? A GEAT FRIEND? Please adopt me and I promise to behave! I don't eat or drink much...welll...Merlot!!! But I will save my allowance!!!

Many Hugs Louise

Look - i've got blue blood and supercede any of you cos i'm posh  bear_whistle  and  a liar  :redface:

I deserve to live with Aleta cos i am gorgeous and cute and entertaining and full of the old Blarney thanks to me Oirish Da and am a practised Kendo exponant and would be able to beat you all to a pulp using this ancient Japanese art of warfare.

There - see, i win  bear_happy

Aleta - Momma, i'm a comin' honey  bear_tongue

Penny - cute as a button and deadlier than rattlesnake  bear_laugh

there's no need to be like that Sis - i surely can't be that bad?  :twisted:   bear_innocent

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01655.JPGAleta!  Such a lovely space, how beautiful, how serene, I love it!!!  Thank you.

Picture 1 is the living room chair I live in....it is extra wide so that I can have cats on either side of me, or bears or gollies, when we have company both Hubs and I sit there and the cats are hiding under the bankies on the bed.....scaredy little things.

what is that odd thing that looks like a computer screen.  It is a computer flat screen mounted to a very heavy-filled- with- concrete post next to the chair.....we can fling the screen back and forth between us, the hubs and I, and share the keyboard whenever....it really works much better than I expected, and it will be easier to replace the keyboard than a whole lap top, since the laptop was only a year old.  Still has three years on its highly expensive warranty so it will get a lot of things fixed, when we send it back....

the next picture is the lap table for the immediate stuff  am doing right then.....

DSC01668.JPGDSC01664.JPGDSC01663.JPGDSC01661.JPGDSC01660.JPGDSC01659.JPGDSC01658.JPGDSC01657.JPGNow, the living room isn't always this bad......only all day.  I clean it up before bed so that it is always fresh in the morning.  Ha!  but out comes the project bin before the tea has even finished brewing.....The  next pictures are various pics of the beautiful sewing room.  I love the doors that close on the cupboards......You don't see how terribly full the cuboards are and it leaves the place feeling fresh and clean.  but i opened them for you guys....

There are needle felting bins on the floor....looking for a home, oh no my dears, a home here...the Hubs is finally going to put up the final shelves way up high....

The closet is odd, and goes quite deep....and the mohair hangs on skirt hangers way deep into the closet, and there are yet more shelves for really big bins in the front.

It is quite full, I have packed away as mush as i could, but i have since realized that there is room under the bed......hmmmmmmm

And yess there are naked gollydollies in the windows......One calls herself Gypsy Rose Lee, well i figure if she is going to name herself after a famous stripper there is no earthly reason to dress her....So I am saving up parrot feathers to makes some fans out of....let her dance around in her all together with feather fans if she likes.....no one here much care or is bothered, however this is the x-rated version, so you'd best not look......

hugs.....I welcomed the diversion as I spend the morning getting pictures of a golly ready for Nancy Tillberg's new live on computer sale that happens once a month.....This Sunday is the day.....I got a late start, and her computer blew up and I don't know if my stuff transferred correctly so my golly might not get on until next month.   bear_original

Have you guys heard about her auction site that she is going to have up and running soon?  Another venue other than e-bay for us.....?  I am betting that bear collectors will get to see artist work more easily and bear artists won't be drowning in the wrong venue, because there simply wont be car parts or antique widgets.....

Between TeddyTalk's sale site and Nancy's site we can have the most looked at bears and gollies ever!

ok back to work

Dilu, I don't see a "next" picture?  Hugs, Brenda

You must have been posting it as I was typing LOL!  I see it now.  Brenda

DSC01646-2.JPGImage003-2.JPGAnd this is the little lady that took up all morning trying to get a decent picture .....honestly gollies are nearly impossible!  sigh!

You must have terrific light in Oregon Dilu - your pics are always such superb colour!  bear_thumb

Naughty old gollies aint they? I bet she was bobbing around making taking her pic a real nightmare.

I love your workroom Wonks, if i was as half as dedicated to working within my limits as you, my house would be immaculate!

I really like the gollygirl with the red and white skirt - who is she? What's her name? Even more importantly, what's her story? She looks like a Lolita to me!

PenPen  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness, Aleta . . . I'm joining the group that's moving in with you!!  Your studio looks like a wonderful teddy bear shop and I wanna go shopping!  Fantastic.  And Dilu, your new work space is STILL very organized and tidy!  How do you do that??!!!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Well Aleta, that looks like the most perfect place for me to recover from my birthday surgery on Tuesday so I'll just have the family load me on a plane. We wanted to move to Oregon where my husbands company is based a few years ago so I'll just come ahead without him. I don't take up much space and I don't eat  a whole lot so please say you will have me  :pray:  :pray:
I can even work for you,you could cut out the bears and I can hand-sew while I lay on that wonderful bed in that beautiful room. You could even dress me in white flowy things  bear_wub 
Oh and Penny,please don't hurt me,I'll share with you  bear_innocent   bear_innocent Promise!!

Ha Ha Ha

Okay Shari - we'll share the beautiful surroundings.

Poor Aleta - she will have millions of people living with her soon  bear_smile

Penny  :hug:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Aleta,

That looks like bear makers paradise to me! bear_wub It's truly a lovely workspace! I especially like the sign hanging over the coat rack. bear_laugh

Dilu,
I couldn't help noticing your lights on the yellow stand. My husband got me the exact same thing for Christmas when I was complaining about poor lighting in my little corner. Somehow, though, the light stand wound up in his shop behind the house.... he did say I could borrow it any time I wanted...

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

Awesome work areas, no wonder such beautiful bears are created in them studios.

Lolita?  Hmmmmmmm  I think I shall name her that, Lolita, sounds like i can do some good rhyming to Lolita,
she lives on Pita and belongs to Peta

okok

time to clean up around here!

ah well.....don't forget to check out Nancy's live online show......Sunday, North Country Teddy Bears

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Aleta, your studio is so beautiful  !!!  :clap:  bear_wub 
Thanks for sharing photo, it's so great to see
everyones studio or work place.
I do my bear work at our living room or
kitchen and don't have a real studio of my self yet.  :cry:

Can I say same thing as Louise said ??....
Adapt me please ! I can do bear-sitting and  cook Japanese food if you like. he he  bear_grin 

Dilu,Oh boy, you are still Keeping the room so clean !!
or is golly working for you ??  bear_whistle 

Hugs/Marie

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

oh Aleta ...how beautiful!!!!!!!!
Dreams do come true..... how wonderful!  bear_original I am very happy for you. 
My husband and I are selling our home here and I am now even more excited about the possibilities.
Thank you for sharing your space with all of us.  bear_original

Hugs Kassity

Board footer