Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

oh Aleta ...how beautiful!!!!!!!!
Dreams do come true..... how wonderful!  bear_original I am very happy for you. 
My husband and I are selling our home here and I am now even more excited about the possibilities.
Thank you for sharing your space with all of us.  bear_original

Hugs Kassity

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Shari

You are so funny...I can just picture you reclining on the couch, dressed a la "Room with a view" and handsewing away!

Aleta...no hate mail...just green eyed monster mail  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

I live in a flat that has two rooms....so I am very envious.... and I can see why your bears are so beautiful...nothing ugly could ever be created in that space.

Dilu - I admire your organised-ness  - I am a messie through and through.  I am off to buy some new little things to organise my beads and charms in - does that count????

I like these glimpses into both your styles - thanks for sharing.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Lovely pics everyone and Aleta - what beautiful surroundings to work in ... it's just like my idea of heaven!  No wonder you make such gorgeous bears.  bear_original

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Very lovely Bear studio's Aleta and Dilu - thanks so much for sharing.
Isn't it great to be able to picture where all your darling Teds and Gollys
come from.

bear hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Aleta!!!! wow!!  I want to come live with you bear_tongue   My studio is my dining room table which continues in a cycle of  being messy as I'm creating and then tidy as I get ready to begin another bear lol
xo Sarah

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Dilu,  bear_flower
I love how organized you are with everything in containers....and labeled!  I have to try to remember which cubby I put things in in that big cabinet against the wall.  Believe me, it's stuffed full!  Come to think of it, all the cabinets are stuffed full.  Yet I still continue to shop for the bears.  Uh huh, that's right, shopping for the bears.   bear_happy

Bonnie,  bear_flower
I was wondering if anyone would catch the phrase on the sign.  My family thinks it was written for me exclusively.  They're so funny.   bear_laugh

Lisa,  bear_flower
Put your pretties out!!  I've always had my pretties out even when my children where little.  Sticky fingers add to their charm!  bear_original

Penny, Deb, Erin, Louise, Shari, and Marie,  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower   You're all adopted! 

Marie,   
I'm especially looking forward to your japanese cooking!  bear_wub

Louise,
Do you think you could learn to love martinis instead of merlot?  Merlot gives me sweaters on my teeth.  bear_sad 

Kassity,  bear_flower
You're moving?  Are you staying in Salem or moving elsewhere?

Sue Ann,  bear_flower
You always say the kindest things to me and everyone here.  Bless you.   bear_wub

Melissa, Paula, Carolyn, Sarah......I do hope I haven't left anyone out!!  I'd love for everyone to come and visit and play in my world for a day.  I am truly blessed.  Thank you for all the kind thoughts.  Now, where are the pictures of everyone elses studio/work spaces?  Huh, huh, huh?

Warmest and biggest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Louise,
Do you think you could learn to love martinis instead of merlot?  Merlot gives me sweaters on my teeth.

Ha Ha Ha Aleta - i know what you mean but i never heard it put so well before  bear_laugh

Penny - packing her bags - see you next week  bear_grin   bear_tongue   bear_laugh

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Aleta, your studio is so gorgeous and charming! I'd love to be adopted too, but I'd have to bring a kid and a cat with me and I realize that's asking a bit much!

It really is no wonder that all of your bears are just beautiful!

I'd love to share pics of my studio...but my kitchen table isn't exactly worthy of posting pictures! That's where I work and I have store my goodies all over the house in different cabinets and drawers. It's no fun trying to find what I need.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Sandi,  bear_flower
For several years I worked on our kitchen table too.  Like you, I had things stashed in every corner of the house.  In a way it was kind of a good thing.  I didn't realize how much "bearaphernalia" I had.  Now it's in one room and a walk-in-closet.  To most people it's a little overwhelming.  Collectors who've come to visit like to stay for hours looking at every little thing.  It really warms my heart to see the delight in their eyes.  That's how I look at this room.  It makes me tremendously happy to work in it.   bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I really don't mind having things stored all over the place if I actually had room for ALL of it! Well, all my bear stuff is where I can get to it, but I have boxes and boxes of crafty things in the basement. It's still packed from a year ago when we moved to this house.  bear_sad

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Aleta - you work area is BEAUTIFUL!!!  bear_original

Dilu... You have a lot of supplies!!! I like that you have your sewing machine in front of the window  bear_thumb   I love your new kewpie golly dolly, Dilly!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Aleta, your studio looks like Paradize to me!  bear_original

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Join the queue Mel - we're all in the line for Aleta's guestrooms ha ha ha

You could play in there for hours could'nt you?

Penny  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

S5300004.JPGS5300003.JPGS5300002.JPGS5300001.JPGI will share pics... my work area is kind of pathetic LOL..... I am going to be moving into the upstairs bedroom shortly but it needed to be painted.. this is the basement.  I actually create on my sofa...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I will have to post pics when I move my "studio" into one of the bedrooms bear_original kinda like a before and after bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Kim . . . I think it looks great!  Again you neat and tidy people are giving me a huge complex!  bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_smile

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I'm with Sue Ann...please please tell me you tidied up for the pictures Kim?  ohhh I am jealous of your "pathetic" space!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I tidied up a bit becuase my bear that I just made was done... I don't make that big of a mess, more a clutter but I am VERY organized and go nuts if things are too messy... I only put away the things I was done using.. This is normally how it looks, sorry to disappoint  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very nice workspace, Kim! 

I'm in the process of moving mine... again.  I have room to have a bedroom to myself but, honestly, I get kinda lonely and bummed out in there, especially when the kids are home and in the public areas of the house.  So I'm moving all my stuff into the living room, across from but in the same room as the computer (hope THAT helps me with time management, as I can pop from the one to the other quicker this way!)  I'm also moving all my scrapbooking supplies in here so it will be craft central.  AND it puts me near one of our two big dining tables so I can do my pattern making/cutting in the same space as my sewing now, rather than dragging it across the entire house from room to room, depending on what I'm doing.  AND my mailing stuff can be kept here too!  So all in all it's a move to consolidating into a smaller, single space... but I don't love that it's showcasing my sewing mess in a public room.  THat's the one drawback.  Will be trying to keep neat!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Your bear studios look great, everyone!  I'm ready to move in so I can immediately grab all your creations for myself!    :twisted:  bear_tongue

Dilu, those gollies just look like they're plotting something!   bear_grin   Always up to no good!  bear_original

alexisbears Alexis Bears
Wellington

Alexis_Studio1.jpgAlexis_Studio2.jpgI think Im nosey at heart, - I had so much fun looking through the pics of peoples studios and workspaces, that I thought it's only fair that I post pics of mine in return!
I took these photos this afternoon (while I was supposed to be hard at work creating!)

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

I am jealous about everyones studio's, Aleta yours is definitely a dream, do you have room for me too?????

In the process of hopefully extending our house later this year, my fingers are still crossed. My stuff is everywhere at the moment.

beary_clairey Luton

Aleta,

Kick those guys to the curb ( he he he) and let me come and live with you. I will do all your housework so you can just concentrate on bears. Then I'll do all the annoying bear jobs, tracing patterns, cutting out and trimming the fur off the seam allowance !!!

I also make a fantastic Cheesecake and yummy chocolate fudge Brownies !!!

Adopt Me !!!

Kim: if Aleta kicks me to the curb (boo hoo) can I have your basement??

Hugs

Claire

Jacqui MoonBeam Bears
South Australia

Hi Aleta,
I agree with penny, beautiful house.   I am sure  I must be your long lost sister from Aussie land :dance:  :dance:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Shel

Hows the new work room going?  I thought your reasoning made perfect sense and suggested it to the hubs, and he looked around and then gave me one of those looks- :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

WHY IS MY SEWING ROOM LOOKING NEAT?

because I sew and then return to do everything else in the living room.....where the cats and bird and hubs and stereo and TV are.  You know.....life.

Pen

I do try to clean up as I go and I vacuume every day....only since I screwed up my leg I don't get it done everyday, its more like every other day now.

But it is so much easier to do something right then and there when you first see it.....oh dear, I sound like my mom.

sigh

bear_tongue

Board footer