Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

hey guys

SO here's the deal. Getting Married in Oct. We are going to vegas and having an Austin Powers theme wedding. It's gonna be soo cool! All my guests are going to dress up in 60's wear, and we're going to have a good old 60's night. I was even thinking of some cool 60's take home favors.

But here's the deal. I'm not really into weddings, that's why we're doing vegas. But i think it would be cool so send some themed invitations. Even my boyfriend is into helping me make them.

So my question is, any ideas for a hippy/MOD wedding invitation? Maybe a mini tye-died shirt? Or a big daisy? I'm stumped.
So if any of you super create ladies have any ideas for me, and how I would go about attempting to make them? I'm am not good at scrapbooking, or ATC cards.

Thanks for any ideas you may have,

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Too bad I lost all my hippy stuff in a house fire 20 years ago. I had all those tie-dyed clothes, headbands, long-fringed jackets, etc.
I'm a dud at scrapbooking however but I'm sure someone here can guide you right.

Marion

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I've sent you a PM Heather  bear_thumb

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I got married in Vegas too. It was great fun and even my dad who wanted a traditional 'family' wedding now agrees we did the right thing. We married in The Monte Carlo hotel and stayed at The MGM and my close family were there. What fun, sorry I can't help on the invite thing but I bet Penny will come up trumps. bear_thumb

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

THanks Amanda.
That was a long way for you to go to get married. How cool is that?? I'm glad you had fun and the family was okay with it. I think it's more fun this way anyway.

And yes, I'm sure Penny will come up with something awsome!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Congratulations, Heather!  bear_flower
My daughter is getting married in August.  She's doing more of a tropical theme......in our backyard.......and then flying to Vegas for the honeymoon.  And no, I'm not doing her invitations.  100 people? Are you kidding me?   bear_wacko

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is to tell you to search for Somerset Studios magazines in your area.  They put out several different titles:  Cloth, Paper, Scissors and Legacy both come to mind.  They are beautiful magazines chock full of fabulous ideas.  They're the type you keep in a cabinet forever.  bear_wub 

I wish you every happiness!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

And I just saw the other day that SOMERSET actually also publishes a WEDDINGS issue!  So look for that one too, with interesting ideas on invites, envelopes, placecards, favors, etc.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks Girls, I'll be looking for that for sure.
I'm scared to go into a scrapbook store without some sort of idea, or I'll be walking out of there much poorer.

Last thing I need is another hobby.......

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Do any of you remember Lisa Vollrath - a bearmaker in the SW in the 80s? I would see her at the Jenks/Tulsa show.

She's branched out from that - a very arsty gal. I subscribe to her monthly N/L and she's given permission to forward today's links to friends. What caught my eye was her book on ATC - on sale.

--------------------------------------
What's New at Ten Two Studios
--------------------------------------
My former publisher made some shipping errors over the holidays---and
as a result, I have WAY too many books on my shelves. To make room
for the new books currently on the drawing board, I've marked down
the prices of these titles:
http://www.lisavollrath.com/pages/60

Board footer