Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Little Nan Posts: 233

I'm not sure whether I have the right section here but anyway I was wondering if anyone had any advice on organising fundraising or charitable events ?
I don't know if I can even accomplish it but would be very glad of any tips or advice as last week we lost our Son , suddenly , aged 43 and he leaves a wife and 5 year old son behind with doubts over whether the insurance company will pay out .
Therefore i have to try to secure their future in some other way .
I realise this will probably be very difficult to accomplish but I can't sit back and do nothing .
I've had a quick look online , but my head isn't really in the right place to take anything in at the moment so if anyone knows of a site where things are explained simply I'd be so grateful or any other advice really , I'm in the Uk so dare say rules are different throughout the world .
By the way my real name is actually June it's just that my Grandson calls me little Nan that's why I registered as that !

June  bear_wub

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi June,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss and I can imagine that it must be very hard to try to get the financial side of things organized.

For what it's worth, I know there is an online site for organizing charities called "Just Giving": http://www.justgiving.com/  Don't ask me exactly how it works, but I know Dawn James used it to raise funds for her sponsored "Bear Trek".

Hi Peter ,
Thank you for that , it at least gives me a starting point .
bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

So sorry about your son, June, and I hope you are successful in your fundraising efforts.

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

sorry to hear about your son, I will keep you and your family in my prayers

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

My condolences, June  bear_sad  I hope there's some comfort in helping your son's family.

Becky

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers , they genuinely do help
June x

Board footer