Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

All I can say is that the support we all get from each other is mind blowing.
You are all a bunch of Little rippers. (that's very wonderful people in aussie speak)
Thankyou to you all for making my excitement even better.
No wonder TT gets addictive bear_grin

Thankyou :hug: Wendyxx

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

That's what we're here for, isn't it?  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yes, I agree Matilda...this place feeds my inpsiration.  A very wonderful supportive group.

Little Rippers...that's a new one for me. :dance:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Here in the states that term could refer to children with gas!  bear_laugh

But I agree with you, this is a great place to come to share exciting news, ask for prayers or get support.

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Here in the states that term could refer to children with gas! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Daphne, what are the big people called? bear_grin

I am so glade I found this little place called home :dance:  :dance:
:hug:
Laurie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Big Rippers of course!!!! I'm related to many!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Hee hee, I must admit when I first saw this thread I was a little worried about what I might find inside.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, it's gone down hill real fast!

I'm sorry Matilda as your reason for starting this thread was a very kind and lovely one!!!
It's just fun and entertaining to hear terms used in other parts of the world and how they'd be interpreted by others.

No harm intended.... just being silly!

:hug:   :hug:

I do agree that this group is full of kindness, love and support in every way. Our expert artist are always there to help out, when questions are asked. This is one big family I am proud to be a part of.

But, I must admit, this is fun and entertaining to hear the terms used in other parts of the world, and the interpretions.  So, with that being said - Matilda, give us another aussie phrase - please  bear_smile 
Laurie

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Back at yah Matilda!

Many Hugs Louise

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Matilda,

Thank you, and I couldn't agree more!  I've found Teddy Talk to be VERY supportive, inspiring, helpful, a place to come when I'm not feeling 'bearish'....  So you said it all!

You know, hearing it from Steve Erwin, I always thought lil rippers were feisty little things!!  Learn something new every day!

Kimberly W.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I agree... I learn something everyday on here!!! This has got to be one of the nicest, friendliest, most supportive groups I've seen...and I thank my lucky stars everyday that Sue Ann led me here  bear_flower

:dance:  Now go celebrate somemore Matilda  :dance:    :clap: You've got a lot to be happy about!  :clap:

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

When I first joined TT I was amazed by the way all the artist are so willing to share all their bear making techniques & secrets. I don't think you'll find that in any other business. I've learned so much from everyone, all your advice has helped me in so many ways. Whenever I get stuck on something I search through the post & always find the answers to help me out. Now it seems I've found way more then just answers, I've found lots of beary special friends.
Thanks for all your guidance & support.   bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

And the really old ones are called old .....

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wendy

I'd rather be called a lil ripper by you than just about anything else... bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Ditto, I agree.  TT is the best  :dance:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

" you're a dag" : - the manure that hangs from the wool at the rear end of a sheep or a friendly endearment ( the trick is knowing which one they mean, check to see if they're smiling) or anfashionable way of dressing.   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Wow! now I have learned two new words! Can't wait to go to Australia and try them out someday!!  I didn't even know that stuff on the end of a sheep had another name. bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
I don't post much but I think you are all great! and great fun!!
Joan

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

haha, I didn't know whether to click into this post lol.  and I'm an aussie hehe.  Watch too much US tv maybe...hmmm..lol
love this place too Matilda bear_original  Best place to be  bear_wub
xo sarah

you're a dag" : - the manure that hangs from the wool at the rear end of a sheep or a friendly endearment ( the trick is knowing which one they mean, check to see if they're smiling) or anfashionable way of dressing

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

I love this phrase.  Just think my boss will never know what I am saying bear_grin  bear_grin
Laurie

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

And the really old ones are called old .....

Lol....Dilu..you HAD to ask! I laughed out loud at your question...especially after Daphne said what a little ripper is in the states. Older people are sometimes reffered too over here as 'old farts'...but it's an affectionate term (weird race huh?). Mind you, this is generally not a term used by ladies(like me bear_innocent )...generally teens and men.....'ocker' type men. Hmm...and before you ask...'ocker' is slang for Aussie and is used more for those who speak with a strong strine...like Steve Irwin. bear_ermm
Despite what people may think....Steve Irwin is a hugely exaggerated charater and you don't often hear people talk the way he does. I think he may be a tad hyperactive. bear_grin

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

TT is a great place.  Everyone is so friendly and supportive.   bear_wub

Board footer