Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

MyHolly.jpgDo you remember a short while ago I posted a picture of my little dog Holly caught with a piece of sandpaper in her mouth! Well she developed real strange habits and the latest one a few days ago was to rip wallpaper from the wall and eat it. I also noticed that her gums were looking pale so I phoned the vet. I took her to see the vet yesterday and he admitted her straight away to the veterinary hospital for tests. The vet phoned me an hour later to tell me that my darling little dog is very, very sick. The vet said if I had not taken her to the vets she would most likely died over night. Holly’s blood levels should have read between 35- 55 but they were only 10 and a dog with a reading of 8 is a dead dog. He is trying his hardest to boost her blood and save her life. Please pray for my little sweetheart. He doesn't know what is causing her anaemia, that's the thing we yet have to face. I feel so bad because I could have taken her to the vets when her strange behaviour started, but I didn't realise why she was doing it. Please don't ignore any change in your pets behaviour as it could be because they are trying to help themselves through an illness.

Hugs Jane.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Ohhhhh Jane sending big hugssss to both you and Holly .....  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: ..I hope the vet can save her

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jane, I'm praying hard for Holly! Poor little girl.  bear_cry Jane, you must not blame yourself.

It's been my long, long experience with animals that any change in appearance or behavior can be cause for worry, but many times I've gone to the vet for nothing. It's hard to know. Sometimes there is no sign of trouble at all until an illness is far advanced, and sometimes there's a genetic time bomb that you can do nothing to stop.

I hope Holly will be OK  :pray:

Eileen

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

:hug:   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
I can't hug you enough. Hope she pulls through fine.

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Oh Jane - I'm so sorry to hear about your little Holly.  How awful for you and your family.  Consider yourseleves well and truly HUGGED :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: .

We used to have a Charlie when I was little - they're absolute little angels - I really do hope she will be OK.  I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Take care

Love

Vicky

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Jane,  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: I'm so sorry to hear about Holly. I hope that the vet will figure out the problem and that Holly will be okay. She's a real cutie! I'll keep you and Holly in my thoughts and prayers.

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Poor little baby bear_sad Big hugs to both :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Jane... big hugs coming straight to you from Ohio!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

bear_sad  Jane, that sweet little happy face is one to love for sure.
I will definitely put Holly in my prayers.  what a little sweetie.
Our daughter took a dog from a rescue group...and had to give her back because she started to eat the wallpaper and then went for the drywall...she ate big holes in the wall.  Hubby was NOT thrilled!!  I wonder if she had the same problem.
You just never know what you will learn on these chats!
Thanks for sharing and a huge hug to you sweetie!!!
Nanc.......

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Aw Jane, BIG hugs((((((((((((((((((((((( :hug: )))))))))))))))))))) and prayers for you and your sweet darling doggie bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   What a beautful dog too.

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

oh, dear Jane... (((((big hugs)))))) 
I will be praying for your sweet little Holly.  It feels no different than having a  human child sick...
I have little yorkie terrier girls so I know all too well that if you paid too much heed to every mischievious thing a terrier does you would be at the vet's every day.  You are doing all you can for her and that's what matters now.  Please let us know as soon as you hear anything more and know that you and Holly are in my thoughts and prayers.

:hug:

LuLu

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Jane I am so sorry!  But I agree.... do NOT blame yourself!  Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way..... :hug:

nettie scotland
Website

Its just so easy to miss something like this.Dogs can be so nutty and behave differently for no reason.Do not blalme yourself,as soon as you thought something was wrong you took her to the vet.I think as pet owners we all put ourselves through hell if we are not soo perfect all the time.You obviously love this wee soul and are giving her a great life,remember this.
I am hoping and crossing everything for a happy outcome.I have been right where you are a few times over the years.
Diane xxxx

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

You definitely cannot blame yourself, dogs are nutty animals. they can go on for along time ill before they show any signs that anything is wrong.  :hug: I am so sorry that your pup is so sick. I'll be praying for you. Love and many hugs to you!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :pray:
Love, Kathy

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jane, your little Holly is such a sweetie - sending you both warm thoughts and big hugs.  I hope your vet can figure oout what is wrong with her!  Take care and bye for now.

Hugs,

Brenda

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry Poor little baby!  Jane, consider yourself thoroughly hugged  :hug:  :hug:   Your baby is in my thoughts...sending along loads of positive get well soooon vibes  bear_flower

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Dear Jane,
All my support in giving you the strength to cope with what you have to face with your little one.
A big hug coming your way as well
Lynette

zemeski Posts: 434

1teddies2.jpgPCH_004.jpgyipes_c.jpgdog_rover_giving_flower_sm_nwm.jpgteddy2.jpg:hug: Jane-
  I have pets also and I know how attached you get to them. They are like your little babies. I know you feel bad because you didn't pay attention to it sooner. At least she is in good care now and that is all that matters. My babies Shelby, Lucy, & Baxter say to tell Holly to get better soon!! I'll be remembering you and your little Holly.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Dearest Jane, As the others have said your life will be in turmoil right now. I will keep you in my thoughts ,but please keep us posted as to how things are going.  Warm Tender Hugs Rita xxxxx

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh Sweety,
sending hugs and prayers for You and little Holly!  :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Jane that is aweful Hon! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and this beautiful wee pet.

Many Hugs Louise

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Poor Holly! I am so sorry Jane. I hope she will recover quickly.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

bear_cry I'm so sorry to hear about your lovely little four legged furry child.   bear_cry

Warmest thoughts and hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, what sad news. bear_sad  I hope all turns out well in the end.  Please don't beat yourself up about what might have happened, or what you could have done; be really proud, instead, that you noticed something amiss and took your wee pup in, which sounds like an act that saved a life.

Board footer