Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Yaaahhh Peter...Keep getting better little man.  What a heartless vet Kassie...keep working on Peter and know that our thoughts are with you :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Oh Kassie, I am so sorry to hear this.  I  :pray:  Peter keeps getting stronger every day. 
:hug:
Laurie

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kassie, what a horrible thing to have happy.  It sounds like all of the love and attention you are giving Peter is starting to work.  DONT" give up on him.  He sounds like a fighter.  I agree you need to find a new vet. 

My cat was hit by a car last year and we spent $2000 to save her.  The vet was so wonderful and let me stay for lots of long visit with my kitty.  She wouldn't eat well, so they let me bring her home and she started to eat for me.  I slept on the kitchen floor with her for 3 days as she was so weak and had to carry her everywhere.  Love is powerful thing !! 

I hope Peter will be o.k.  bear_cry

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi everyone,   

Thank you so much for your prayers and best wishes for Peter, and for sharing your heart warming stories. I am touched by them all.  :hug:   

I am happy to say, Peter is still with us.   
Yesterday was another touch and go day. I spent most of the day with him, because he was still falling over and I was worried he was not getting the water he needs. He forgets were it is and I have to remind him were his water is. He is now drinking four onces of pedialyte a day. And last night he started eating the timothy hay I have in his box for him, besides his rabbit food, which he really doesn't want right now. But, eating the timothy hay is a really good sign.  :dance:   

I just want to share my thoughts.  This has nothing to do with anyone on TT.
I have had some people I know say, "Don't you think he is suffering?" "Should you not just put he down?" And bless their hearts for having so much compassion. I agree with all of this. But! Being around animals all my life there is one thing I have learnt. There is a time when we are unable to help the ones we love and have to make that awful decision. And then there are times that it is the wrong thing to do.  If I had made the decision to put Peter down. I would have felt like I was given up on him when he was telling me; by wanted to drink - he wanted to fight to live. Do I think he has suffered and is suffering? Of course I do! It breaks my heart to see him like this and to think of the pain he must be enduring.  But, to simple put him down because of it. I don't think that would have been the right thing to do. Only because, from the first day he wanted to drink and clearly wanted to fight to live.
So, was my decision to keep him alive the right decision? I believe it is.

Thank you ladies for allowing me to share this with you. I do believe I did the right thing and will stand by it.  But it so nice to be able to share this with all of you, who I know understands the decision that I was faced with.

I will keep you all posted on Peter and again thank you for all the love you send.

Big Hugs
Kassie

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Kassie,

I'm glad Peter is fighting and you're caring for him.  I hope he gets better.   Sending thoughts and hugs your way.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   

Please keep us updated.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Kassie, I'm so glad to hear Peter is hanging in there. He sure is a little trooper, isn't he. It's so wonderful all the time and energy you're giving the little guy. You're doing the right thing by not giving up, after all, he certainly isn't giving up! I hope he'll make a full recovery very soon.  :hug:  :hug:

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

Hi Kassie,
I hope Peter is doing better. I love all animals big & small, sometimes they need a little help to survive & someone special to give them the chance. - Don't worry about what anyone says- follow your heart you'll know what's the right thing to do. I'll add Peter to my animal prayer list. ~ Sandy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Kassie, i am so happy Peter is now eating a little bit! Keep giving him food easy to eat! He will make it!
you are obviously doing the right things. Peter is such a brave rabbit!

Keep going and yes please, keep us posted about Peter's health! Peter has now got a lot of fans!  bear_whistle

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: i too think Peter must have suffered a lot but I am sure he now feels much better, thanks to his beloved mom!

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Thank you, thank you everyone, 
For all your support for Peter. And all your kind words. I happy to say he is still with us. It has been long nights and full days caring for him. But worth every minute. 
I see the other post and my heart is just so full right now. I will keep you all posted on how he continues to do.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: :hug:

Night for now
Hugs Kassie

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Big hugs to you Kassie - how special you are to be taking care of Peter, and fighting alongside him when he needs it. I beleive that by looking in his eyes you just know that this is right thing to do. He sounds like a strong and spirited little bunny and I hope so much that everything turns out well for you both  :hug:  :pray:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Kassie hang in there.  :hug: I had a dwarf rabbit for ten years and understand what you feel. They are such lovely creatures.  bear_wub Mine hardly drank any water at all though. She had an upside down water bottle for rabbits on her cage and and a bowl in the room where she was allowed to run, but I rarely noticed a decrease and almost never saw her drink. Rabbits get much of their moisture from fresh food such as carrots, carrot leaves, apples, potatoes, parsley, hazel leaves (no salad though!). She also loved raisins. Not much water in those, but lots of energy. Maybe you can tempt Peter with some of these delicacies?
I'm thinking of you both. Please, keep us updated.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Help Everything - that's my philosophy on life.

Hope your little bunbun gets better Kassity  :pray:

Penny  bear_wub

Board footer