Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Little Nan Posts: 233

I wonder if there's anyone here who could give me some advice on why when my sewing machine was plugged in but not in use decided that the motor would start smoking and blow up , well maybe not quite but it's died on me now ! The motor has obviously gone so would anyone know if , a , it's possible to get a new motor or , b , is it worth it as this machine must be close to around 80 years old ?
However it was a brilliant little machine , very efficient , but it hasn't been in use for around 12 months as I haven't made any bears for that long , so could it be that ?

Puzzled    bear_ermm

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Hasn't necessarily gone....it might just be in need of a good clean and service. Maybe that fluff and lack of oil has made it overheat. I'd just get a repair man in

Little Nan Posts: 233

Thank you for the advice Jenny .. yes I think it's worth getting it checked , there is a good shop where I live that services machines . Fingers crossed that it survives .. hope so it's a lovely little machine .  bear_thumb

Board footer