Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I listed a bear for sale a long while back, she never sold. I am thinking of renaming her. Is that a no-no?? Opinions please. I was thinking of making some variations to her, and giving her a new name??

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kathy dear. it is your bear .....you may do what ever you like with it.  Sometimes changing something on a bear is a good thing.  I changed a bear physically from Aerial to Narni.  I not only changed her name, but gave her a total makeover.  As Aerial she could not get adopted...as Narni, she got a Golden Teddy Nomination.  I am ready to change another bear who just can't seem to get a home.  So yes, even something as small as a name change can be very appealing. :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Thanks Judi,
that's what I was Planning. just a little makeover and name change. Hopefully that will do the trick.
Hugs

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

There is nothing wrong with that. Like Judi said, its your bear. Go for it.
I have done that many times with my dolls.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I've done that before and have seen others do it also.  I'ts your creation so have fun ! Afterall, some humans change their names  bear_grin

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Just follow your idea! Maybe with a new name and some makeover, this bear will be very successful in your heart and for potential buyers!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Sure why not!! I love to see makeovers on people too.
Joan

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh yes, it's certainly okay - I've done it several times.  That's what it takes sometimes to get a bear sold!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I think you can change the name.  You made the bear so I think you can change it if you want.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

I have had a few bears had name changes even sex changes ..... so go with what you feel is right ......

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Glory-Holly-side-by-side.jpgMeet "Glory", a.k.a. "Holly."  This little cutie (I thought her a cutie, anyway) didn't sell for me in the summer of 2004, near the 4th of July, so I redressed and renamed her... and she found a home very quickly in December of that same year!

Good luck with your own "extreme makeover."

bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

bailynew.jpgbaileyold.jpgShe is beautiful either way!  I have done a makeover but kept the name only once - that was with bailey... he was for sale for a month or two and didn't sell so I changed his dark pics to light ones and threw a scarf on him and he sold right away!

I think it could have had a lot to do with the pics too... the gal who bought him said the scarf really caught her eye!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Very intersting to see the makerovers!

I love how they work as well. Just goes to show, you have to be flexible.

Shelli, that's a cute bear, interesting how just a theme change makes the difference.

Kim, I've always liked that bear. Neat how just the background change made the difference for you.

I feel I've learned alot, thanks gals!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I strongly believe in changing a bears name - my bears always start off as 'Hopeful' then become 'S***head' when it goes wrong and then ends up as 'Favourite' when it's all finished..................so i don't see why changing your bears name and giving it a revamp will hurt my Darlin.
:dance:

Penny x

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Why not!

And doing makeovers makes perfect sense to me~!  If a bear isn't selling why not rehab him and give another go round?

Who knows!  you might get double the amount you expected by simply having a sex change operation.....

on the bear.......

not you.....

dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

If humans can do it why not our bears????

I have to admit I bought an artist bear once BECAUSE it needed a make over. I saw a lot of potential in that face but it was just crying out to have the frilly dress removed and a corduroy vest with patches put on. He's so happy now! I felt a little bad as it was not what the artist had intended but I'm thrilled to hear that some of you see the need for change and don't hesitate to change your own bears.

I've given one of my bears a make over as it wasn't selling at shows. The following year I brought it back to a show I do annually, made over and had a woman say to me... "That looks so much like a bear you had last year that I fell in love with. I was hoping you'd still have him this year as I haven't been able to get that little face out of my head. His brother here is cute but I just loved the way the other one looked."

You win some, you loose some!! The made-over bear did sell at that same show so all was not lost!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Picture-124.jpgPicture-118.jpgA couple of years ago, I saw this little bear listed on ebay, how could I let him go through life looking like that!!!!!!!! So I bought him, I then relisted him stating that he had been made by someone else but had been given a bit of much needed cosmetic surgery by me...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm sending all the misfits I've made to you, Denise!!! You can be my professional makeover artist!!
You did a fantastic job on that bear!!! WOW!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Yes, Denise...wow what a great makeover on the white bear.  I really love him.

Board footer