Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01748-2.JPGDSC01743-3.JPGE-bearz U ( Nancy) expects to have  the class up by this weekend.  :dance:

This gal is amazing...no goofing off for her.  She has two commissions to finish first.  bear_laugh

HOWEVER REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AND YOU DO NEED TO REGISTER.....

And since I just now registered I can tell you it is super simple.....even for those of us who seem to be all left thumbs when it comes to all things high tech. bear_wacko

This is a free class, and is a chance for you to associate with people from all over the world.  It is as nice as it is here at Teddy Talk you can be ambasadors of TeddyTalk, make some new friends and get those folks to come here too!

(After all the teddy they have been searching for their whole lives might be the one you just posted here at TeddyTalk for sale!)

The more crisscross visits we get the better, it will be better for E-bearz U, TeddyTalk and artists trying to sell..... bear_thumb

And I guess you all have figured out that I am a shameless promoter of TT.... bear_innocent   Can't help it, TT has been good to me so I want to support it has much as possible.

Hope to see a lot of you there.....this has turned out to be a way to use up scraps of lace, mohair, ribbon and fabric.....Something I really appreciate.

I couldn't quite handle the idea of cutting into a big piece of my favorite Hembold golly Hair-  (You mean Hembold doesn't make and Intercal doesn't carry this just for Golly hair?  I find that hard to believe)  but I have tons of scraps and i bet you do too!

But there are always scraps.....now they don't get thrown out....they have an important purpose in life....I am even thinking of doing a Ted card.....

hugs to all

dilu

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Truffle-ATC.jpgLuvie-ATC.jpgBlossom-ATC.jpg(NOTE: I posted this on another thread but am reposting here to get everyone thinking more about taking Nancy's class )

Come on gals/guys, give it a try. You can do it , really you can !! It is really fun once you start and you don't need computer skills.  Here are some samples of my latest cards.  They aren't masterpieces, but who cares.  They are my interpretion of ATC/ACEO's.

I CHALLENGE you to sign up and try even making 1 card and posting it here.  Now you can't resist a challenge can you , huh, huh !!!!!!  You don't know what you can make until you try.  Just think if you had never tried making that first teddy bear !!

Have fun with, and as Dilu said, just use scraps and things you have on hand.  That's what I did ! 

For more samples search on ATC's here or look at the ones on Bid4Bears. http://www.bid4bears.com/categories.php?parent=1845

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

A link anyone?  It's alright.  You can hit me with the idiot stick for not knowing where to find this class.   bear_tongue

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Aleta, here is the link.  Go to the top right where it says register and click.  Fill in the info and sign up for the ATC class, then submit.  No payment is required. 

http://www.kranbearys.com/EbearZ/index.htm

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Well i just register for the new glass you got me going Dilu

Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you, Tammy!!    bear_flower   You're a peach!!   bear_wub

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I joined up too - heaven help me! I'm a walking disaster with glue and stuff. Hope this is'nt gonna be too difficult - i'm still working on designs for my ATC's after about a month!

PenPen  bear_wub

Hoooray  I love it!!!

Penpen, I found that I do better with less glue.....it gets everywhere....I tend to sew more than I glue....and it is faster, because of all the time I have to spend cleaning up spilled glue....yuck!

This will be lots of fun!  I am tickled you guys are taking Nancy's class....

Excited hugs here

bear_tongue

Portland, Oregon
Website

Alrighty then!  I signed up.   bear_original  So, for those of you who've taken a class, can you fill us in on how this works exactly.  I get the part about the password and come in your jammies if you need to.  What exactly happens in these classes?  What am I to expect?  I'm sure there are others.....well, I'm pretty sure anyways...that may be asking these same questions and may be hesitating to sign up for classes because they're wondering the same things.  Anyone?

Always the curious one with warm hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

The classes usually are broken down into chapters.

Nancy likes her instructors to take lots and lots and lots of pictures....( I had over 50 for just one chapter!)

Then she translates the chapters of text into computer-speak and places the pictures where the teachers want them and when we, the students start we see a chapeter writen the the same voice we have come to associate with that person and with pictures showing how something is done. 

It is like having the text book but also having the professor demonstrating while you read the text book.

Usually a chapter runs one week, And you have the option of downloading to your computer or printing it up.  AND you have the option of printing it up in a version that doesn't use a ton of color ink or you can print up what you see, and whiz through your color cartridge!

There is a forum where you can type up questions and the teacher abnswers, and you can talk to others taking the same class-chitchatting away just like we do here  bear_original

Then at the end they like to have the students post their pictures of what they created....

I haven't ever done that yet because I seem to finish so much later......sigh

If I were you, I would have a deck of cards and several usuer friendly glues and scraps and findings and ribbons etc.  handy.

Shelli pointed me in the direction of using playing cards, they are the right size and it is so much easier having a pre-measured canvas so to speak.

I use two cards for extra stability, and I pad them....because it is easier for me to embroider and stitch if there is a little batting....But others seem to cover their card stock with diferent types papers etc.....i am sure that Nancy will have all sorts of ideas etc for us, and we can share ideas in the forum too.

hope that helped, a little bit.....

dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I took Nancy's real fur bearmaking class and it's like visiting TEDDY TALK, only you get to read long expanses of pages written by a single person, instead of little tiny short bursts of verbage from a series of individuals!

I took that class in one fell swoop, but I believe you can read and digest most of her offerings slowly over a certain period of time, at your leisure, and, of course, in your jammies, while drinking mocha.

It's great fun and since it's a free course there's nothing to lose.

Think I may just sign up myself.

bear_original

Wooohoooo!!!

The more the merrier!

:dance:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

okey dokey...I signed up too!!
nanc........

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

I signed up too - I am sure it will be loads of fun bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Thanks a lot Dilu :hug:
:hug:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Ok, Dilu, you just talked me into it! What sold me was the fact that I can print it off and not have to stare at this screen to read everything......Iam off to go register....it sounds like fun!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Me too....  bear_thumb

Wow!!! 10 of us from TT and who knows from Nancy's other sites, we can have a lot of fun sharing our sucsess and giggeling over our mistakes!

This is fantabulous you guys!

dilu

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

and me  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

mj Pinney Bears
North Carolina
Website

mj Banner Sponsor

Me too!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I'M REGISTERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait!!!!!! :dance:  :dance:

I was in my workroom doing up a template to start my first. When Pasty's parcel arrived. So popped on to let her know. :dance:  :dance:
I'm hoping that 2 1/2 by 31/2" is correct.??
I'll check Shellis posting before I log out.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland
Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Me too, can't wait  bear_grin   bear_grin   :dance:   :dance:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin Me too!  Just signed up! bear_grin  bear_grin

:hug:
Tracy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Yay, you go girls.  I'll see you in the classroom too  bear_thumb

bear_grin This is great!

I am sure we will all learn something interesting and get ideas.....once ideas start floating around this group there's no stopping the creativity potential!

And did you guys know that you can make the cards and trade or sell them on B4B?

I am hoping to collect enough cards to be able to put them in a shadow box and have it on a wall,

Kind of like the America's Most Wanted at the post office... bear_grin

( that was just a little pre-coffee joke!)

dilu

Board footer