Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I just won 10 yrds of pure white organza on e-bay.

It wasn't easy, I had placed a bid that was about $5 lower than I thought I would go and sat and watched.....

less than 10 seconds to go and I am out bid.....

normally I get all rattled, the gollies are jumping around, my heart is pounding, the bird is singing her "let me out of the cage" song, which sounds a little like "John Jacob Jingle Hiemershmidt...."  its on of the songs on her play school toy that she makes play music...

and all of a sudden this calm overtook me, I went into NancyNurse Code Blue mode, very methodically adding the last $5 to my bid and remembering to press all the buttons....

I swear it had to go in on the very very very last tenth of a second.....

But the computer said CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE .....

I sat back, and felt exactly the way I used to after a code.....except better because no one dies (always a big plus in my book)

So I got it.....I hope I wasn't bidding against any TTers, because I didn't take the time to look and see who bid against me.....if I did I'm sorry-  its not something I want to do.

This was my very first time doing this with the HUBS gone.....usually he takes over and very calmly makes the right moves......I usually leave the room......yikes!

So,boy, i am exhausted.....

I don't know how you gals do it, madly pushing the right buttons at the last minute.....

My tumtum still hasn't unclenched, but I take that as an excuse for some tea and schnapps  bear_grin

I'm glad there was 10 yards.....i wont have to buy anything like that for a long long time.  I think it took a couple of years off my life..... bear_wacko

But I did WIN

hugs

dilu

well I guess I better go pay.....

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin Big congrats, Dilu!!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Atta girl  bear_grin I have had a few of those heart-pounding adrenaline-pumping last-fraction-of-a-second snipes as well, it has been known to leave me face down on the desk.  But happy.  (If I won.)
bear_laugh

Kelly

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Yipee for Dilu!  bear_thumb

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

A glass of wine at the end of the day will solve all your anxiety over eBay bidding.  Only one glass though mind you.  Otherwise, Louise will call you a lush!   bear_laugh

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin your too funny for words Dilu, bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_thumb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Dilly Dilu you did it girl...well done.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Now what are you going to do with all that material?

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I know how you feel! What ever your views on sniping it gets the heart racing. I open two windows up and have them side by side, get your bid in on the right hand one so it needs only last hit of the placed bid button then keep refreshing on the other one. I usually go in the last ten seconds. It would not have worked in your case but boy it gets fun.  :dance:  bear_thumb

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Yay, Dilu! You did it! And it was a lot of fun, too, wasn't it?  bear_laugh

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I think that's half if not more of the fun! Although it can be really maddening because I always mean to bid last minute and then I forget. Sounds like you're much smarter though LOL.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: WOOHOO!! Good for you, Dilu!! :dance:

But what on earth are you going to do with 10 yards of organza!?

Eileen

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Dilu!!!!!  Well, congratulations on your win, and can I come over and play with all that organza with you!?  Please?   :pray:

You know.... just through your description, I could totally feel for you and your eBay sniping adventure!  For the last 6 months or so each and every one of my bears has come down to a bid made in the last 10 seconds or so..... I just don't have the stomach to watch anymore... my auctions end at bedtime for the wee ones now... just so I am not tempted to view the whole thing.  Well... occassionally I do... and it always drives me completely out of my mind.  I mean, with most fabrics, or a book, or what not... there is always a chance that you can find it somewhere else..... it's not the one and only article that was EVER made... but with OOAK artist bears, that's it.... you loose the auction, and there's NEVER another!  Maybe you fall deeply in love enough with another that will make you equally as happy, but there's no way you are ever going to get your hands on the one that got away.  I feel just terribly bad when I know that I have multiple snippers at the end of the auction.... because at least one will be heartbroken and empty handed...  bear_cry
I don't know how folks can do it on a regular basis either Dilu!!!!!! I for one, wouldn't have the fortitude.  You do have to respect the fortitude and "fast fingeredness" of those who can do it on a regular basis!   bear_smile

So... when can I come roll around in your organza Dilu!?  And, yes.... what ARE you going to do with 10 yards of organza?  May I come make some hand painted, human sized fairy wings with you?  That would be fun!

Beary truly ours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

zemeski Posts: 434

ITS EXCITING!!! AUCTIONS CAN GIVE YOU A RUSH!!! I GOT SO EXCITED BIDDING ON ONE THAT DURING THAT TIME I REALLY HAD TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. I HAD SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE I WAS BIDDING AGAINST SO I COULDN'T LEAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. I WON THE AUCTION BUT I HAD WET MY PANTS BEFORE IT WAS ALL SAID AND DONE! I NOW MAKE SURE I GO TO THE BATHROOM BEFORE AN AUCTION ENDS THAT I'M BIDDING ON. HA! HA! bear_grin 

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Eileen

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Good for you Dilu!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  I know exactly how you feel! I can't do that..... I have to place my maximum bid and then leave the room and hope for the best bear_grin  bear_grin  So...what are you making??

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Melissa, i nearly had the same problem reading your post!  You are too funny!

60" wide pure white organza....10 yards....come on over Kim!  I am going to use it for all sorts of things, but I am planning on clothing for artist style dolls- you know with the painted faces etc.....I hope I can dye, paint, stamp, draw fold staple and mutilate it in all sorts of fashions and 

Ricky got back on this morning and checked the time it was 4 seconds....yikes!  i can't do that again....too nerve wracking!  bear_grin

but I figure with 10 yards white I can do an awful lot.....be kept busy for weeks

dilu

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Too funny Melissa.  I can relate to being both a bidder and seller.  I feel like Dilu and Kim.   It really drives me crazy- especially the selling part.  I hate to watch , but I can't help it.  I kick everyone out of the room so there are no distractions.   I'm bright red and hot by the time it all ends.   Craziness !   bear_tongue

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LMAO.... The adrenaline that goes with bidding is half the fun!!!!! LOL and then winning is the icing on the cake! Good girl, Dilu!  :hug:  :hug:

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Congrats Dilu.  I know that bidding can be extremely stressfull.

Board footer