Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

OPIE3-01-1.JPGHi.  Well, here's another OPIE.  He is going to live in San Francisco if his new mommy approves of his photos.  I hope she will.

This little bear is fully jointed , 10" tall , has armature in his arms, and needle felting onto mohair for his face, inner ears, and paws.

OPIE3-04-1.JPG

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Ohhhh......he's so cute!! bear_wub   I don't see how his new mommy could NOT approve!

:hug:
Tracy

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I'm with Tracy : it's impossible not to approve such a cutie ! And It's definitively an Opie  :love:.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Outstanding JUDI!! Beautiful colors, beautiful face BEAUTIFUL BEAR!!!

Many Hugs Louise

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Fabulous Judi! If she doesn't want him, send him to me.  bear_tongue

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Judi wrote: He is going to live in San Francisco if his new mommy approves of his photos.

How can she not love him?????? He's lovely Judi, as were all the other Opie's - i'm joining the queue to be his new mummy!
bear_wub

Penny  :hug:

tinybear The SleepingElf
UK

perfecttion bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

He is loverlee!! His eyes are breathtaking!  bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OPIE is absolutely hands-down my favorite LUXEMBEAR ever... in all his incarnations.  I'm sure he'll be not only accepted and approved, but just loved to death.  Such a sweetie!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

What a amazing bear Judi

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I love Opie....he's a work of art!!

beartoes Hannabears
Texas

How could anyone not be absolutely thrilled to be receiving Opie, he is so wonderful.  Lucky lady in San Francisco -

Hugs,

Karen C.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

bear_laugh Judi, I wish i was his new mummy!!!  bear_laugh

He is the best out of all your oppies! He has such a gental face! I love those rosy cheeks.. bear_wub

Julia :hug:

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Judi, love your work and this little guy is a sweetie!   bear_thumb

Lynn

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Him's makes me heart go a fluttering, perfection right down to his beary toes.
His new mom would have to be off her rocker not to fall in love with that face.
Hugs Deborah

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you all for such wonderful votes of confidence.  Actually his new mommy called me last night..she says she "LOVES HIM...,but..."   would like me to make his nose smaller.   I performed rhinoplastic surgery this morning.  It wasn't a big deal but this is one of the reasons I DON'T care for custom orders.   I like to create a bear from my heart.  THEN if someone sees him and wants to adopt him ..great..a connection has been made.    Working to someone elses specifications take the "heart" out of it. 

Well, he'll now be off to San Fran on monday. :pray:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

His nose is fab though!  I have only ever had one picky customer but it all worked out bear_original  I usually tell the gals that I do commissions for that I will make the bear and if they don't like it, they don't have to adopt it, I will just put it on my website for sale...

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

When on earth do you get time to make these spectacular works of art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? Wendyx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi wrote:

Thank you all for such wonderful votes of confidence.  Actually his new mommy called me last night..she says she "LOVES HIM...,but..."   would like me to make his nose smaller.   I performed rhinoplastic surgery this morning.  It wasn't a big deal but this is one of the reasons I DON'T care for custom orders.   I like to create a bear from my heart.  THEN if someone sees him and wants to adopt him ..great..a connection has been made.    Working to someone elses specifications take the "heart" out of it. 

Well, he'll now be off to San Fran on monday. :pray:

I totally agree with your opinion on orders and commissions . . . I'd just rather not do them - BUT, I'm always reluctant to turn them down - in fact, I don't.  It's no longer an absolute original of yours when you try to make a bear to someone else's specifications . . . as Daphne has discovered with her movie bunnies.  Opie is fantastic, Judi . . . and I know his new mom will adore him!

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Stunning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you do that????????

Sandra

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Sandra.  His face, inner ears, and paw details are wool needle felted right onto the mohair.  It's a great , fun, and very addciting technique.....I know I am not slowing down anytime soon...and I have the sore fingers to prove it!

Board footer