Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hello!  I thought it would be fun to conclude Reporting Live: BEARS AND BOVINES sharing with you what this farm couple does (Mark and myself) for fun and entertainment outside the dairy farm with bovine tidbits in between the photos.

images1788Mark_Judi_dancingSergie.jpg

We go BALLROOM DANCING!!!
My husband have been Ballroom Dancing for 20 years and  I, for 12 years.  Infact, that is just how we met!
We do the Cha-Cha, Mambo, Swing, Swing Hustle, Waltz, Fox Trot, Rhumba, Salsa, and Disco.
images3061Farm-picD1.jpg

Cows drink 35 gallons of water a day.  This is equal to a bath tub full of water.

images7677Farm-picD2.jpg

American's eat the equivalent of 10 acres of pizza evey day.  That's a lot of cheese!  Better get dancing!!!!

images4334DIS_dance_leg_up.jpg

A Holstines spots are like a fingerprint or snowflake ( or artist bears).  No two cows have exactly the same pattern of spots.
images9978DIS_MJ_dance_dip.jpg

Most cows chew at least 50 times per minute.
Cows can see color and can detect odors five miles away.

images5734JudiSherwoodDancing.jpg

When pilgrims came to America, they brought cows with them.

images3137Farm-picD3.jpg

Milk is a great nutritional drink.  As well as being an excellent source of calcium and protein, it contains essential vitamins & minerals such as zinc, riboflavin (Vit B2), vitamins B6 & B12.

images4878Farm-picD5.jpg

A cow gives approximately 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.

images2042Mark_Judi_DancingSergie2.jpg

Milk..it does a body good!

images5816HGT1.jpg
I also want to share a nifty little story.  My husband and I went to see the Harlem Globe Trotters a few years ago.  While they were "playing" basketball they swiped my purse.  All the players gathered around my purse as if they were digging through it.  They then "pulled out" and displayed for the entire arena a gigantic ( and I mean enormous) pair of underwear which had " I LOVE ( a heart shape) the Harlem Globe Trotters" Printed on them......
HGT2.jpg

One of the players took out my sunglass and wore them around the basket ball court for a while.  Then he  brought my purse with in about ten feet of where I was sitting...and said," Hey Lady, is this your purse?"  I nodded and he continued..."Then come and geeeet it?"  Oh my.  I was dragged onto the court by a very large Harlem Glob Trotter.

HGT3.jpg

Then he asked me to dance...some music came over the loud speakers....and there I was in the middle of the basket ball court, beet red in the face, dancing with one of the Harlem Globe Trotters.

HGT4.jpg

Before he let me go back to my seat, he gave me back my purse and told me that since he gave me back my pusre I needed to give him a kiss... and presented his right cheek to me....so I kissed his cheek.  Then he said,  " But wait!  I have ANOTHER cheek!"...so I kissed his other cheek......

HGT5.jpg

Then he puckered up his HUGE lips and made kissing sounds ...waiting for me to kiss him on the lips.........well.....I did......and he fell on the floor on his back as if he had passed out....then look what happened next:
HGT6.jpg
...the rest of the Harlem Globe Trotters gathered around for a kiss.....they didn't get any...I could not stop laughing. bear_laugh

images94Farm-picM3.jpg

In Hollwood they have "Dancing with the Stars".  In Luxemburg we have "Dancing for the Cows". !!!
images9415Farm-picM2-1.JPG
These barn dance pictures were taken last Sunday, but they reminded me that Mark and I were on World's Funniest Videos several years ago dancing in the milking barn between the cows in our barn clothes.  We had just finished milking the herd and wanted to practice some lifts and steps.  We thought it was funny because here was Mark and I, trying to be gracefull while you can hear the sounds of cows going pee-pee ( which sounds more like a waterful) in the background.!!!
We did not win the grand prize but we did get $500 and 27 seconds on national TV!
images1356Farm-picM4.jpg
We even have a mohair audience!
images8022Farm-picM1.jpg
As I always say, " Shoot for the moon!  If you miss at least you will end up among the stars."

Well, I hope you have enjoyed Reporting Live: BEARS AND BOVINES.  I have certainly enjoyed sharing this story with all of you and hope that many of you will come forward to report live from your corner of the world. 

I would like to leave you withthese words:

"Your best shot at Happiness, self-worth and personal satisfaction-the things that constitute real success- is not in learning as much as you can but in performing as well as you can something that you consider worthwhile.  Whether it is healing the sick, giving hope to the hopeless or adding beauty to the world or savingthe world from nuclear holocaust..... "
[William Raspberry]

images5880Farm-picB6-1.JPG
images1477Cow_01-1.jpg
Finally, Mariah, our Dairy Queen, would aslo like to leave you with her wisdom:

All I need to know about life I learned from a cow:

-Wake up in a happy mooo-d.
-Don't cry over spilt milk.
-When chewing your cud, remember: there's no fat, no calories, no cholesterol, and no taste.
-The grass is greener on the other side of the fence.
-Seize every opportunity and milk it for all it's worth.
-It's better to be seen and not herd
-Honor thy fodder and thy mother and all your udder relatives.
-Never take any bull from anyone.
-Always let them know who's the bossy.
-Stepping on cowpies brings good luck.
-Black and white is always an appropriate fashion statement.
-(and my favorite...)Don't forget to cow-nt your blessings every day.

images8846JudiSherwoodCU2.jpg
This is Judi Paul Reporting Live from Teemar Holsteins and Luxembears for Teddy Talk.  Thank you so much! :hug:
images5761FARM_PIC02.jpg

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Judi,  bear_flower
That was so much fun!!  Thank you ever so much for the tour......opening up your world for our world to see was a special treat.  I smiled all the way through.  Your life fascinates me!

Thank you again!   bear_original

Warmest and biggest bear hugs, :hug:
Aleta

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Judi, Judi, Judi thank you so much for the reports. I have enjoyed reading them so much. I love the storys and have had a great time reading them all. I love the story about the Harlem Globe Trotters. I have been a big fan for years! I must say you and Mark make a very handsome couple!

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thnak y ou very much.  It has been my pleasure to share this story/stories with you all.

Now...it's YOUR turn  Teddy Talk members and readership.  There will be a post about how to do a Reporting Live story to open up a window into your world for us to read and enjoy. bear_thumb

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Judi,
That was a great visit! I enjoyed every photo and description. Thank you for such an entertaining  peek into your wonderful life.
~Kathy

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thnaks!

Lisa, Mark would LOVE the place you describe...MOOBALL.  Sounds like a good name for a dance!

I myself would love to see more of.....hhhmmm Australia...any takers out there?

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

...also... since farming really ties us down, I think if  Mark and I did not go out dancing I our lives may be a bit boring.  That is all we do outside of the farm.   But I am very content with my life here.  ....... Children, Mark, bears, cows, dancing....I feel very fortunate indeed. bear_wub

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Judi, I just don't know what to say. I am in awe! What a wonderful life you and your family live. You are amazingly talented, and it shows by all of the awards this year. I think I knew from before that you did Ballroom dancing, but to see this report and all of the wonderful pictures and stories really gives me an appreciation of how to live life to the fullest! I am so proud of you and how well you are doing with your bears. You are so creative! This report was amazingly well done and it shows how much of your heart you put into it. It will be hard to top. I look forward to seeing more reports from others.
Thanks Judi, you have made my day!
Hugs
Sonya

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you SO MUCH , Sonya, for the kind words....YOUR post has made MY day! bear_wub

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Bravo!!!!!!  :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: What a great peak into your life you have given us Judi!  This was so much fun, and really made my day (four days running! bear_grin )  You and Mark make such a great couple----love the pics of you dancing.  WOW! 

:hug:
Tracy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Judi and Mark, you are the happiest "Dancers among the cows" ever!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: there are lots of Holsteins in Britanny too! He he he!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

thank you Judi and Mark for the great report i know you are a very busy couple and it was nice of mark to join, in thank you and your lovely family so much it was a journey i thought i would never make.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Judy, I have watched with great admiration over the last few days and I must say I enjoyed every minute of it. You and Mark are some team ,but I have to ask ,when do you find time to make bears, when we farmed I had very little time for anything.  We did have a Dairyman ,but he was needed too..So I would like to say a big Thank-You for letting us into your busy life.    Hugs Rita xxxx

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Thanks Judi - I have really enjoyed reading your reports each day.

What an interesting and busy life you lead.

Thanks for letting us be part of it.
Melanie

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Judi,

That was so great! I just love the dancing! You were on the World's Funniest Videos. That is so cool, I watch that show a lot, it just cracks me up. I must have missed the one you guys were on. I would have remembered the "Dancing for the Cows". !!!  bear_grin 

Judi , it was really nice to get to know you even better. Thank you Judi and your family for sharing, it has been informative, moo educational, and a hoot!

Big Hugs
Kassie

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Judi,
You put so much of yourself into that report..it was very personal and entertaining to say the very least. You are such a beautiful person and whenever I read your posts, they are always read with a gentle and soothing voice belonging to you in my mind. I've really loved sharing your life stories and all the pics of your farm. I gotta tell you though...I think you should have gone LAST....how is anyone going to top THAT???
Brilliant work, beautiful words, beautiful people.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank so much ladies! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I'll tell you, I am definitely not Shelli when it comes to writing.  She is my idol in that department.  The way her words flow and her fanatstic vocabulary.  This story , all four days, took me quite a while to do......collect and take more photos...write the text, revise, add more, edit.  It doesn't come easy for me but it did come from my heart.

Thank you all so very very much for the kind words and support.  You surpassed all my expectations. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I hope so much others will tell some stories...PLEASE :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Judi its been SUCH fun reading about life on the farm  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   

:dance: And now to watch you and Mark sashaying around, doing those flips, and dips and twirls....WOW!!!!!!  bear_shocked  :dance:   You're such an amazing couple to see in action   :dance:   I'm sure the girls enjoyed the free show.  I know the bears enjoyed joining in  bear_thumb

Hmmm....I'd love to do a report  from our 'farmlet' but I think I'll have to specially design a bear for it first.   bear_smile   Owww twist my arm  bear_grin The only bears I have on hand wouldn't be large enough or poseable enough to follow in your footsteps.  But perhaps in a month or so? 

In the meantime, I'm truly curious to get glimpses into other artist's worlds bear_original  So who's going next??? ..... but that also means there's no new cow report tomorrow bear_sad  I was getting used to that bear_sad

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic Judi, I have enjoyed your live reports, and the different life styles we all lead.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Judi
Thank you so much for allowing us to see how you and your family live ,play and work on the farm. What an amazing farm and so clean looking considering all those cows. I have enjoyed your report immensely and the pictures were awesome!!! Life is GOOD
Hugs
Gail

Rainebears Rainebears
Wellington, New Zealand

Judi,
Your story is such an amazing one. It was a great read and entertaining also. Where do you find the time to make your lovely bears? What a great insight to your life on the farm with your cows you have given us all. Thankyou for sharing it with us on TT. Fantastic.

Laraine

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

wow what an amazing report. I loved every minute and photo. !!!!!!Superb!!!!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Thanks so much Judi!
Loved the 4 days of wonderful pics.
esp. the dance pics!
Thanks !
Hugzzzzz

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Judi,

I didn't you know you and Mark danced.  How often do you go dancing? 

Thank you so much for sharing your life with us.  It was so fun and interesting.   bear_original  :clap:

Board footer