Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Jozi Bears Jozi Bears
Johannesburg

Hi all,

I've read through most of the selling posts in the library - not a lot of you are selling on etsy.
Any advise for selling on etsy? How does it compare to selling on ebay or bear pile?

Tx

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I think it's difficult for collectors to find your bears on etsy, but if you have a good mailing list, blog, Facebook presence or other way to send people there, it could be a convenient photo gallery and checkout system for you to use. (They do take a percentage of your sale, and of course you pay another percentage to PayPal as well.) That's my two cents.

Becky

Jozi Bears Jozi Bears
Johannesburg

Thanx Becky.
I am just not to eager to sell on ebay as I have so many issues just buying on ebay that I dont have a lot of faith in them.
Will definitely start on bear pile. I see a lot of artist are selling patterns and kits on etsy, maybe that is a better market for those rather than bears.
Tx

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I don't use ebay either, though some people do well there.

I think you'll like Bearpile (gets a lot of the right kind of views), and there's a nice community behind it. And you're right that less expensive items are likely to do better on etsy - things you can update frequently, or things you're not in any hurry to sell.

Do you have a facebook page? And/or a website or blog?

Becky

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'd like to second Becky's recommendation to try Bearpile.  It sometimes takes a little time, but I have gotten new collectors from that site.  It's also an easy way to post your available bears and then email your collectors, or post on Facebook with a link to the bear's page on Bearpile.

Dave at Bearpile has even made it easy to put a "Buy Now" Paypal button on the page.  When you set up your account, enter in your Paypal email address.  Then when you list a bear, list the price and also shipping costs.  You can list multiple shipping for many different countries.  The Paypal "Buy Now" will then automatically show up on your bear's page. bear_original

Jozi Bears Jozi Bears
Johannesburg

Hi Becky and Laura.
Thanx for your posts. I am working on my fb page and not sure about the blog thing... I should probably give it a go. A friend is going to help me with a website. I have a fb page for my other arts and crafts... not sure if I should combine the bears onto that page...
I will definitely try bear pile as soon as I get propper pics taken. My sister in law does photography and she promised to help take good quality pics.
I will post on here too, once I get all my duckies in a row bear_grin

Board footer