Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

nettie scotland
Website

I have a real hanckering to make a rabbit like the ones we used to have stuck on our cots.I don't know if it was just a British thing or not.My cot had big stickers of pink and blue animals on it.Everyone had the same kind.I once saw them for sale in an old shop about 30 years ago.I wonder if they can be bought still.I cannot find them on ebay which is surprising.I have a notion to try and reproduce one of the lambs or bunnies depicted.Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Diane xxx

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

The nearest thing I can think of are stencils for decorating a nursery. 

Sandra :redface:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I think I know exactly what you mean Diane but I have no idea where you would get them unless they come up in a google search for something like "vintage crib decals (stickers)" I hope someone can help.Try googling just the image. I do love that look  bear_wub  bear_wub  Can't wait to see one that you get made up , they will be adorable.  :hug:   :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Diane, I don't know if this is the same bunny or not. It is on my old wooden table I still have from when I was child -about 30 years ago- o.k. 35 years ago  bear_whistle    I hope this helps.    Or try the link  http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-CUTEST-VINTAGE- … dZViewItem    for another bunny decal pic on ebay.

BUNNYTABLE.jpg

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I can remember them too. I had them on my cot and with my younger brother having it after me it sticks in my mind. I'll keep and eye out. I can recall seeing an old cot with them on in a charity shop last year.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I remeber those, only because I inherited them from my older sister.  They were so adorable.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Does "cot" mean baby crib or baby bed?  Cot means something a bit different here.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sue Ann,  I do think Diane is talking about a crib.  I'm with you - cot means foldable army style bed, but I don't think you'd find many bunny decals on that LOL! 

Hugs,

Brenda

Dilu Posts: 8,574

How cute that little blue bunny is!

let us know if you find the stickers!

dilu

nettie scotland
Website
Tammy wrote:

Diane, I don't know if this is the same bunny or not. It is on my old wooden table I still have from when I was child -about 30 years ago- o.k. 35 years ago  bear_whistle    I hope this helps.    Or try the link  http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-CUTEST-VINTAGE- … dZViewItem    for another bunny decal pic on ebay.

http://www.teddy-talk.com/uploaded/BUNNYTABLE.jpg

Tammy you are an angel the one listed on ebay was just right.I am going to buy one of them.I loved the bunny in your stool picture ,it is very similar.
Thanks for helping out.

nettie scotland
Website

Thanks everyone for all the translations etc.We call cribs cots here and I have never heard of decals.Now i know what to look for.I am inspired!!!!
Diane xxx

Diane, its is really interesting to hear all the different expressions from around the world, on TTalk.  Decals are basically a "water slide" picture.  They come on a transparent backing.  When you soak them in warm water, you can "slide" the decal off of the paper and put it where you want.  Once it dries, it sticks to the surface it was attached to.  Hope I'm making sense. LOL!

Hugs,

Brenda

nettie scotland
Website
thumperantiques wrote:

Diane, its is really interesting to hear all the different expressions from around the world, on TTalk.  Decals are basically a "water slide" picture.  They come on a transparent backing.  When you soak them in warm water, you can "slide" the decal off of the paper and put it where you want.  Once it dries, it sticks to the surface it was attached to.  Hope I'm making sense. LOL!

Hugs,

Brenda

Thanks Brenda,
Hope your throat is still getting better.
I think we just call decals transfers.I wonder why Ilong for these old things???I must be at that weird age!!!!
Diane xxxx

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I wonder why Ilong for these old things???I must be at that weird age!!!!

Uh Oh - seems it's catching Nettie, i LOVE these things. But as i am just a young thing i don't think the age has anything to do with it!
(OK i'm lying about me age again  :redface: )

Penny

nettie scotland
Website
gotobedbears wrote:

I wonder why Ilong for these old things???I must be at that weird age!!!!

Uh Oh - seems it's catching Nettie, i LOVE these things. But as i am just a young thing i don't think the age has anything to do with it!
(OK i'm lying about me age again  :redface: )

Penny

I am a slip of a girl too ha ha.
I wonder if the further away a thing gets the more you want it back?? I get very emotional  even watching  old music videos.What a sap!!!
I sometimes think it is because my brother died.I feel the link to my childhood has gone as I am not in touch with anyone from those days.Oh dear I have gone all morbid sorry!!!Perhas some chocolate would help???
Diane xxxx

I love the things from my childhood as well - wonder why it is.  I adored tiny things and I had a plastic miniature tea set when I was young.  It was florescent green and hot pink and I can see it in my mind's eye as clearly as I did all those years ago.  It even had the tiniest plastic silverware pieces.  I'd kill to find one like it.   Yes, "decal" is probably a silly name - "transfer" works much better lol!

Hugs,

Brenda

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Diane, I had a white cot with those stickers, remember like it was yesterday.................it wasn't.............bloomin' years ago in fact  bear_tongue , but they were lovely weren't they??

Look very forward to seeing what you create from them, they'll be wonderful I know!!!!   bear_wub  bear_original

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Yes, I remember them Diane - we had a pale blue cot with a Bunny and Bear decal.
Did your cots have the little teeth marks on them?

Clare I remember it only seemed like a short time ago!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer