Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:dance:  :dance:  :dance: Ooooooooh, I'm so excited!!  We went to see the banker man yesterday and were approved for a loan to put an addition on our house.  He just needs to see some contractor quotes.  If all goes well, we will have a huge new master bed and bath, along with (the most important part bear_grin ) a studio for me!  I am dreading this part of the process however.  From past experience, I have learned that contractors can be fickle beasts.  They set up a time for a bid, but don't show up....usually with no phone call either.  Or they do show up and then never give you a bid....still no phone call.  Anyway......I'm worried we'll run into too much "contractor garbage" and not get the addition under way.   So.......keep your fingers and toes crossed for me girls!!!!!!!!!

:hug:
Tracy

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

How exciting Tracy!  YAY!  It took over a year to finish the edition on our house.  We added 900 sq feet, not counting the basement in 2001.  Our old living room was turned into my workshop.  I have a door on each side , one entering in the new living room and the other is the original door to the rest of the house.  I can keep an eye on my little chickens a bit better when I am in here.

Iowa
Website

EEEEK!!  bear_shocked   Over a year Judi!  I so hope ours doesn't take that long!  Our addition will be just over 600 square feet, with no basement.....either concrete slab or a crawl space.  I would rather have the crawl space to make things easier for plumbing, but need to talk to contractors first.  My ex-hubby is a concrete contractor, and is giving us a bid later today, and is actually planning on doing the work for us.  Strange that I can count on my ex-husband for this when other contractors have not been so nice to me!! bear_tongue  We have remained friends though, which is great for the kids and for all of us.

Also, if anyone has a contractor husband or relative I don't mean to insult them along with all the crummy ones I've dealt with before!  They are all not created equal I know!  I need to find a couple of good ones. bear_grin

Tracy

Iowa
Website

I will certainly keep everyone updated.  That would be fun!  Progress pictures and stuff bear_happy ..............

Tracy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hooray for you, Tracy . . . that's superb news!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Tracey fingers, toes and eyes crossed!!!!  bear_wacko   (although I may uncross them to drive LOL!)

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Tracy,

How wonderful for you!    We added a family room to our little house.  I drew out the plans to scale, just where I wanted everything, electrical outlets, windows, doors, etc.  That was the fun part.

Was lucky to find a contractor who needed a job (was a fellow I had once worked with).  He itemized everything and gave us a bid.  Course, you always and I mean always spend more than you plan. 

We started Oct 13 and the room was finished Dec 12.  There was no plumbing, just electrical and heat ducts.   We spend just about every minute in the new room.   I made a studio out of the old bedroom that now adjoins the new family room. 

You'll love the new additions.  All the work and mess will be worth it.  Yeah, there will be dust, etc. to deal with, but well worth it.

Hugs,

Wanda

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Tracy fantastic... it may drive you up the wall for a while but the end result is worth it.  Our addition made life so much easier for us!  And gave me a spacce I call my own even if it doesn't always look like it!

Board footer